How to increase the horsepower for my sedan Honda Accord v4 LX ? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
3Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

How to increase the horsepower for my sedan Honda Accord v4 LX ?

Hello DA,

How is everybody ?

So guys, I know almost nothing about modifying cars and shit, but since I started driving I always enjoy speeding , and since I got a new job and a decent salary I think I'm in title to celebrate, so I was thinking why not modify my car and increase the horsepower ?

Currently I own 2008 Honda Accord Sedan (unfortunately it's v4), so I was wondering how can I increase the horsepower ? what auto parts do I have to get and start with ?

I tried Google, and I found like a billion article on how to modify your car to increase the horsepower, but I couldn't understand much, and what I'm afraid of now is spending my money on parts that might not even fit my car !!

Will the "Typhoon Air Intake System" & the "Cat Back System" which are mentioned in this article fit and work on my baby ?

Or, is there anything else you recommend for me instead of these things ?

Any help is appreciated, and thanks for your time

Regards ..

Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 03:56 AM

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to DA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyStErIoUs-87 View Post
Currently I own 2008 Honda Accord Sedan (unfortunately it's v4)
Actually it's an I4, as in inline 4.

Since you know how to use google, then I ASSume you can also use the (advanced) search function on this forum. Search "intake" "exhaust" "pulley" "manifold" in the 8th gen section and see what comes up. That should keep you busy for awhile.

easymike likes this.

2014 MSM Accord Sport Sedan 6M
post #3 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 04:04 AM
7th Gear

Quote:
Hello DA,

How is everybody ?

So guys, I know almost nothing about modifying cars and shit, but since I started driving I always enjoy speeding , and since I got a new job and a decent salary I think I'm in title to celebrate, so I was thinking why not modify my car and increase the horsepower ?

Currently I own 2008 Honda Accord Sedan (unfortunately it's v4), so I was wondering how can I increase the horsepower ? what auto parts do I have to get and start with ?

I tried Google, and I found like a billion article on how to modify your car to increase the horsepower, but I couldn't understand much, and what I'm afraid of now is spending my money on parts that might not even fit my car !!

Will the "Typhoon Air Intake System" & the "Cat Back System" which are mentioned in this article fit and work on my baby ?

Regards ..
1. Welcome to DA
2. Since you enjoy speeding so much, save your money for court costs and getting your car out of the impound lot.
3. From the sound of your first post, you are a young, "new" driver. Learn the rules of the road and know your car before you start throwing your money away on worthless "mods" like the Typhoon.
4. Congratulations on the new job. Why does that ENTITLE you?
5. There is no such thing as a V4.

- It is just a car -

2015 CR-V, EXL, AWD
2005 Accord Sedan EX-L AT
(traded - 2009 Accord Coupe 6/6 Black)
2002 Alpine Coach 36MDDS

post #4 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 04:18 AM
6th Gear

Im not trying to be a smartass, but the most sure way is to swap it in for a v6.

'08 PMM v6 sedan:
post #5 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamacre View Post
5. There is no such thing as a V4.
Not true!

obtrunco likes this.

post #6 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 04:33 AM
7th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaks2k View Post
Not true!

on a Honda car? (which is what we are talking about)

- It is just a car -

2015 CR-V, EXL, AWD
2002 Alpine Coach 36MDDS
post #7 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 04:58 AM
New Yitty - New York City

Quote:
Hello DA,

How is everybody ?

Regards ..

Since you enjoy speeding and you just got a new job, I assume pays well, I say save the money for the track, rent one of those corvettes and keep the speeding off of the highways. Or like dreamacre said keep money for court fees, speeding tickets, impound lot fees and the day you get sued for hurting someone else for your stupidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

NewYitty = New York City

Current : 2014 Accord EX-L

Departed: 2010 Accord EX (gone but not forgotten)
post #8 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 06:53 AM
Michael

To answer your question, some people have managed to get the exhaust systems running on their K24, and a short ram intake is often a great choice. You could upgrade those and the rotors on your brakes, or do the sway bar swaps for handling. I do recommend a search if any of that interests you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/

/

post #9 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamacre View Post
on a Honda car? (which is what we are talking about)
Weak sauce. You didn't say that in your post.

post #10 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 09:10 AM
2nd Gear

Dam, so much hate!! There is a lot of people here that drive spiritedly and I'm guessing this guy/girl meant something of the sort. If you guys can't help out, why comment? He asked what parts he/she could buy that will increase hp(which is useless because it's an i4, I have an i4 as well so I know) not what the money could be used for. OP to answer your question, a lot of i4 8th gen owners go for the ithrottle which wont increase your hp but will increase your throttle response thus making the car seem faster. Intake is nice for sound but not really a big or significant increase in hp at all.
obtrunco likes this.
post #11 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 09:20 AM
4th Gear

quickest and probably the easiest mod is the intake, you can go short ram or cold air now what ever brand you wanna go with is up to you, i have an injen cai and i have no complaints about it

2011 Accord Coupe EX-L
HFP Skirt Pkg
JDM Badges
6000K HID Headlights
Nokya Yellow DRL
Injen Short Ram Intake
P2R Throttle Body Spacer
Magnaflow Dual Catback Exhaust
HSD Coilovers
P2R Downpipe W/Cat Delete
TWM Shortshifter
post #12 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 09:44 AM
4th Gear

to add hp, slap a big H on the back window and make sure you add v-tec stickers too. you dont want someone with a turboed engine to not know what your engines all about.

want to add more hp? sell your i-4 and go buy the v6 or a faster car, since the accord isnt made to go 0-60 in 5 seconds.

btw im being sarcastic in the first sentence. really, there isnt much you can do to add power. upgrade to the v6 if you want power because that i4 accord isnt going to cut it

formerly 08AccordEX

2008 4cyl black/black EX accord (purchased 10/31/07)-died/wrecked(7/5/2011?)
roughly 47,900 miles on it

2011 Toyota Venza v6 AWD Black Grey interior.(replaced wrecked accord)
post #13 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 10:25 AM
7th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209coupe View Post
Dam, so much hate!! There is a lot of people here that drive spiritedly and I'm guessing this guy/girl meant something of the sort. If you guys can't help out, why comment?
because it just may make someone who likes "speeding" think about the consequences he could be bringing to others.

If you don't like the posts that point this out, why comment?

- It is just a car -

2015 CR-V, EXL, AWD
2002 Alpine Coach 36MDDS
post #14 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Dats da way to do...

Send a message via AIM to johnnydinh701
Just ask what the retail is on someones car and then SMOKE HIM

and then....

2009 Honda Accord BBP LX-S Coupe i4 auto
MODS
Trendgear Foglights
3000k 35w Foglight HIDs
8000k 55w lowbeam HIDs with relay harness
20% 3M tint all around
M3 rear window spoiler
interior 4 12inch LED floor lighting
WeatherTech inchannel window Visors
lower intake resonator removed
Red caliper paint
lower Grille
All four OEM speakers replaced with Clarion speakers

Future MODS
Takeda SRI
Megan Coilovers
Rear Camber kit
Magnaflow muffler
post #15 of 41 Old 09-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Sugar coating for you ..

Hello search feature! Use the damn search feature, it's not there for decoration, damn noobs.

2011 Subaru STi - Stage 2 - Plasma Blue Pearl

2008 Honda Accord Coupe V-6 EX-L AT NBP
No longer owned
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.