08 V6 Sedan Exhaust Video - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
12Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 10-02-2017, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

08 V6 Sedan Exhaust Video

So I had been contemplating doing an exhaust mod to my car for a variety of reasons. One of the biggest was I didn't wanna be "That guy" and have a ricer exhaust. But after watching a video of a guy who had taken off his 3rd cat, main resonator, and mufflers the car sounded INCREDIBLE! I bit the bullet and got the job done.

Now I know loud exhausts aren't for everyone, but I am super happy with it. The car is a nice low rumble when I am casually driving and when I WOT it the thing goes berserk and you'll definitely hear me 3 blocks away. The car also afterfires like crazy now as well which I enjoy hearing. And no, this wasn't a cold start, we had just got back from a drive so the engine was hot.

Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 10-02-2017, 07:35 AM

Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,361 Posts
3 blocks away...?

If you track your car each day you should definitely do this- as the sound will be limited to the track. But why not just record the sound and get some Bose headphones and blast it all the time? Why do you want everyone to hear you from 3 blocks away?

Personally, I enjoy the smell of monkey feces. Would it be OK to purchase the homes on either side of yours and have 8 tractor-trailer loads of monkey feces delivered to each property? You can enjoy your noise and I can enjoy the smell of monkey feces.

sub786 likes this.
post #3 of 27 Old 10-02-2017, 10:14 AM

Enjoy. You'll probably get sick of the noise in about 3 months. As I did with the catback system on my old 98 V6 when I was 24. Have you tried driving with that setup at highway speed? If you have a drone, then it'll give you a migraine everyday.

07 V6 AUTO Sedan

post #4 of 27 Old 10-02-2017, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
3 blocks away...?

If you track your car each day you should definitely do this- as the sound will be limited to the track. But why not just record the sound and get some Bose headphones and blast it all the time? Why do you want everyone to hear you from 3 blocks away?

Personally, I enjoy the smell of monkey feces. Would it be OK to purchase the homes on either side of yours and have 8 tractor-trailer loads of monkey feces delivered to each property? You can enjoy your noise and I can enjoy the smell of monkey feces.
It's not that I want people to hear me from 3 blocks away, I was just stating that it is possible. And that's only in WOT. You can barely hear me unless I am in WOT. It's just a low rumble with crackle and pops currently.

And if that was your ideal living conditions I'd say go for it. But that's just my opinion man. I don't care what others do as long as they are respectful and it doesn't impede on me in any significant way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rd View Post
Enjoy. You'll probably get sick of the noise in about 3 months. As I did with the catback system on my old 98 V6 when I was 24. Have you tried driving with that setup at highway speed? If you have a drone, then it'll give you a migraine everyday.
I commute to college via highway. Drone isn't as bad when you have music on honestly. And I doubt i'll get sick of it because I've driven the car more now than ever.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 10-02-2017 at 12:01 PM. Reason: merge
post #5 of 27 Old 10-02-2017, 11:20 AM
A Scusi!

I watched your video, the car doesn't sound good. It's raspy and obnoxious. But hey, it's to be expected, you're young. Once you get neighbors, family and random people complaining about it, and maybe tickets and harassed by police, it'll cost you money, then your family gets upset that you get in trouble and your insurance goes up, then you might start listening to us "old guys" and "buzzkills" about it. Until then, enjoy making yourself look like an attention whore moron running around with open exhaust.
UnknownJinX likes this.
post #6 of 27 Old 10-02-2017, 11:37 AM

By some chance, OP, do you drive for Jimmy Johns? The local Jimmy Johns here hires Civic drivers with straight pipes. They go WOT from stop light to stop light, delivering sammiches post haste! Of course, they have no low end power and get pulled over within a month or two, or they burn an exhaust valve-then they quit Jimmy Johns.

I asked the manager there why all his drivers seem to remove their exhausts- he told me he hires these clowns because it helps the business as ignorant customers think the delivery cars are "fast" and therefore is in line with the Jimmy Johns rapid delivery system. They get big tips too! "Thanks for the delivery, Chad- we heard you three blocks away!"

The other people with loud exhausts near me are rich older guys with severe erectile dysfunction. I know this because I have a cousin who is a urologist. He told me that many of his wealthier patients suffering from erectile dysfunction remove the baffles on their Harleys, or on their Shelby Mustangs. It does not help with the erectile dysfunction but it does make them feel like they still "count" because they can bother people by startling them or ruining their enjoyment of the outdoors by making noise. Don't feel badly for them, because they make bank- my cousin ain't cheap.

Anyway, those are the two types of people with straight pipes around the Skokie area.
post #7 of 27 Old 10-02-2017, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanzaiRocket View Post
I watched your video, the car doesn't sound good. It's raspy and obnoxious. But hey, it's to be expected, you're young. Once you get neighbors, family and random people complaining about it, and maybe tickets and harassed by police, it'll cost you money, then your family gets upset that you get in trouble and your insurance goes up, then you might start listening to us "old guys" and "buzzkills" about it. Until then, enjoy making yourself look like an attention whore moron running around with open exhaust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
By some chance, OP, do you drive for Jimmy Johns? The local Jimmy Johns here hires Civic drivers with straight pipes. They go WOT from stop light to stop light, delivering sammiches post haste! Of course, they have no low end power and get pulled over within a month or two, or they burn an exhaust valve-then they quit Jimmy Johns.

I asked the manager there why all his drivers seem to remove their exhausts- he told me he hires these clowns because it helps the business as ignorant customers think the delivery cars are "fast" and therefore is in line with the Jimmy Johns rapid delivery system. They get big tips too! "Thanks for the delivery, Chad- we heard you three blocks away!"

The other people with loud exhausts near me are rich older guys with severe erectile dysfunction. I know this because I have a cousin who is a urologist. He told me that many of his wealthier patients suffering from erectile dysfunction remove the baffles on their Harleys, or on their Shelby Mustangs. It does not help with the erectile dysfunction but it does make them feel like they still "count" because they can bother people by startling them or ruining their enjoyment of the outdoors by making noise. Don't feel badly for them, because they make bank- my cousin ain't cheap.

Anyway, those are the two types of people with straight pipes around the Skokie area.
Sound is completely subjective, I was just presenting and stating what it sounds like. No ones complained about it because I don't WOT or rev like a moron in my streets. Tickets aren't an issue here and getting cited by police won't be an issue where I live. There are trucks with straight up true straight pipes who you can hear on the other side of town. It's not that I think you guys are "buzzkills" or "old geezers" it's that I want to do with my car what I want. I want to learn and experience and fix things and figure out how things work. There's a trend in todays world where if you join a subgroup of people that if you don't do EXACTLY what everyone else does or do something different then you're the idiot.

Stereotyping based on a subgroup of people is the reason the car culture dwindles lol. Don't believe me? Look at any type of hobby or group; they usually have a set way of doing things and if anyone challenges that or goes off a stray path people get livid, usually outcasting.
post #8 of 27 Old 10-02-2017, 01:01 PM

Sound is completely subjective- you are correct. You know what isn't? Volume!

So why the need to bother people?

Anyway, do what you want man, you don't need my blessing. As for stereotyping- I honest to God see that the the only ones running straight pipes are broke-arse illiterate Jimmy Johns Civic drivers and wealthy geezers with dysfunctional junk in the trunk.

I don't see any college students around here doing this. They are too busy doing college stuff.

And I agree with you about doing what you want and to heck with everyone else. Somalia tried that for a decade or so. I was there and it was anything goes!
boring 08 EX and UnknownJinX like this.
post #9 of 27 Old 10-02-2017, 01:21 PM
A Scusi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoulFell View Post
Sound is completely subjective, I was just presenting and stating what it sounds like. No ones complained about it because I don't WOT or rev like a moron in my streets. Tickets aren't an issue here and getting cited by police won't be an issue where I live. There are trucks with straight up true straight pipes who you can hear on the other side of town. It's not that I think you guys are "buzzkills" or "old geezers" it's that I want to do with my car what I want. I want to learn and experience and fix things and figure out how things work. There's a trend in todays world where if you join a subgroup of people that if you don't do EXACTLY what everyone else does or do something different then you're the idiot.

Stereotyping based on a subgroup of people is the reason the car culture dwindles lol. Don't believe me? Look at any type of hobby or group; they usually have a set way of doing things and if anyone challenges that or goes off a stray path people get livid, usually outcasting.
Yes, sound is subjective, if you like the sound, then cool, good for you. It's good that you don't drive like a moron. You're lucky to live in an area where you don't have to worry (or so you think) about getting tickets while driving with open pipes (although if you still have the precats and secondary cats then it's not "straight piped" and not horribly obnoxious).

Yes, learn by doing with your car what you like, that's what many people do, although nowadays you can simply YouTube many things to get an idea without having to spend the money or do the work to reach your conclusion of what you want to do.

I know many people get judgemental of going outside of the box. My take on it wasn't because of being "unique" or "outside of the box" or "expressing one's individuality", it was actually because I've heard many loud setups on many cars over the years and have heard (in my opinion) much better sounding setups.

By the way, there are groups that have likeminded people that share the same values. So, if you want to join an actual physical group, like a car club, go for it, I think you'll enjoy being part of an actual car club that does the kinds of mods you like.

As for online forums, your'e gonna encounter many kinds of people depending on the forum. Here on DA, we're mostly not a bunch of "stance nation kids" or "ricers", that's more of the Civic kids. Yeah, we're more of the "trying to figure out what's going on with, or learning about, as well as sharing and trying to help each other" type, which might not be as exciting as college girls in booty shorts snapchatting and instagram dating stance dub nation douche nuts with pants falling off their ass homey g wannabe's, but hey, at least you can get some real advice from some knowledgable people here.

No one is trying to "outcast" you. We're trying to help you and make you think, that's all.
post #10 of 27 Old 10-02-2017, 04:06 PM

Trust me, you GET SICK of the sound. I grew up through that stage. Although mine wasn't nearly as loud as yours but it droned like a 1000 drummer group playing drums next to your ears at highway speed between 2000 to 3000RPM, you just grow tired of it. Turning up your audio system does not cancel out that soundwave at all. And honestly, you are just another guy with a loud exhaust, there are plenty of those guys on the road. Nobody is as loud as Harleys. Sound doesn't give you horsepower or torque, try modding the engine instead of sounding like you are fast. You probably lost some low end torque to be honest, that was the case with my catback exhaust. It was slow as hell at low RPM range.

07 V6 AUTO Sedan
post #11 of 27 Old 10-02-2017, 04:16 PM
Race to the speed limit

IMO it's pretty obnoxious.

I'm just a kid in college, and I do appreciate a nice exhaust note. Your car is a bit much for me, though.
Not to say our Accord is slow, but it's not exactly fast enough to warrant such a violent sound.
My personal O P I N I O N is that the volume of the car should match its output.

At first glance, between the plasti-dipped spoiler and fuel door and the loud exhaust blip, I'd definitely pin you as kind of a tool.
But hey, that's just me stereotyping and giving an honest opinion.

Judging from the blurred out license plate, you don't live near me, so I guess do as you please.
Your car, your money, your ears!

'08 EX-L V6 Sedan

PERFORMANCE
  • Routine Maintenance
  • Takeda Short Ram Intake
  • J37 Throttle Body
  • J37 Intake Manifold
  • P2R Intake Manifold Spacer
  • Intake Resonator Delete
  • VCMTuner

AUDIO
  • JL 10W3 in Wicked CAS Magic Box <=> Kicker CX300.1
  • Kicker CS65s <=> Alpine KTP-445U
post #12 of 27 Old 10-02-2017, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLYumD View Post
IMO it's pretty obnoxious.

I'm just a kid in college, and I do appreciate a nice exhaust note. Your car is a bit much for me, though.
Not to say our Accord is slow, but it's not exactly fast enough to warrant such a violent sound.
My personal O P I N I O N is that the volume of the car should match its output.

At first glance, between the plasti-dipped spoiler and fuel door and the loud exhaust blip, I'd definitely pin you as kind of a tool.
But hey, that's just me stereotyping and giving an honest opinion.

Judging from the blurred out license plate, you don't live near me, so I guess do as you please.
Your car, your money, your ears!
I get that though, I know it's not going to please everybody or maybe no one at all. The end result was for me not for others. And the car is planned to be around 400whp by the end of summer next year. I just have to get everything situated with the guy in kentucky. And yeah, I get that I have questionable modifications. But it's to my taste, and I enjoy it.
post #13 of 27 Old 11-04-2017, 06:11 PM
Run, squirrel! Run!

That's a sharp looking car...loving the rims, but my first thought when listening to that it was that it desperately needs mufflers. It's cringe-worthy. I don't mean to rag too hard on you FoulFell, but IMO, the only cars I'd ever want to hear that loud would have the sweet purr of an American V8 made in the 1960's and early 70's before the EPA and emission controls cut the nuts of anything fun. Or an old V-twin Harley potato potato-ing it's way by. I do-never want to hear a 4 or 6 banger family sedan with straights or a fart can filling up the precious air around me with the obnoxious noise pollution that seems to pass for cool with the younger gen today. Loud doesn't = fast or performance. About the best thing I could say about that exhaust is it would probably help drown out the 1000 Watts of gangsta rap "music" that usually accompanies a car set up like that.

I get it, though. When I was your age I had an old 1968 Pontiac Tempest with a 4 barrel Edlebrock on top of a 350 motor and Thrush glasspacks. It was a pretty sweet ride, for a little while. I got tired of the constant drone that kept me from hearing my stereo or being able to talk to anyone in the car with me. The car was hot and got a lot of attention, though mostly from pissed off neighbors, or other guys...oh, and the cops. It was a constant ticket magnet.

Wanna hear something that sounds sweet?

- 2009 Accord EX-L V6 4dr w/Navi

- '98 Harley Super Glide Althea
post #14 of 27 Old 11-05-2017, 07:23 AM
Yea I modded my car again

whatever floats ur boat OP.

I dunno why everyone is hating so bad. I'm sure most of us have been there at one point or another. I had a v6 probe modded to the hill before (when I was 16-20) and it was so loud my buddy would know when I was coming home cause he lived 10 houses down on the same street.

As long as ur happy with it, who cares.

But I will say, when you post a video of something as discretionary as the sound of ur car. You should expect to get some static lol.

08 EX-L V6/6
Performance : Dyno Tuned Ktuner, Fastline ss clutch line & powerlinks, P2R gaskets, EBC green pads, XLR8 ss brake lines, Progress 22mm rsb, HSD coilovers, Blox 15mm rear spacers,
Power : RV6 hfpc, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Injen cai, Unorthodox pulley, P2R pnp runners Magnaflow cbe, tl sh awd tb, j37 manifold
post #15 of 27 Old 11-05-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 v6/6 View Post
I dunno why everyone is hating so bad.
Because it is pretty clear the OP enjoys bothering people. If you enjoy the sound, record it and get some BOSE headphones and play it at full volume in your car, at home, in your college classes, on dates, at work, etc...

He is all about raspy VOLUME from three blocks away, not a tuned exhaust on the track. What right does he have to bother people three blocks away? And if that is OK, what about my enjoyment of the smell of monkey feces? May I dump truckloads of monkey feces around his home? Is that OK, or is he a "h8r"?

"I don't care what anyone says I enjoy it.".....yeah.

A few years ago during the foreclosure period a house a little over a block away from mine went into foreclosure. The bank hired a company to manage the property until they could sell it. They rented out the house to a lowlife with a straight-piped Suzuki Vulcan. This lowlife enjoyed walking people up and just plain bothering everyone. I asked, then demanded he knock off the 3am revs.

We have a law in Skokie about "nuisance properties". If police get called 3x or more to a property within a calendar month, the government has the right to condemn the property and evict tenants.

Within a month of me complaining, this lowlife was gone.

He wound up in nearby Morton Grove, Illinois, where within one week his parked motorcycle was run over by a truck- people don't put up with that. If you have a small penis and a desire to bother people, see a urologist and a shrink instead of straight-piping your motorcycle in a residential neighborhood.

I autocross at the Autobahn Speedway in Joliet, IL. Many members there have electronically-operated cutouts for their exhausts, or swap-able exhausts. I strongly support "3-block away" tuned exhausts at the track.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.