08 V6 Sedan Exhaust Video - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
12Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 27 Old 11-05-2017, 08:59 AM
Cruzing Through Life!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoulFell View Post
So I had been contemplating doing an exhaust mod to my car for a variety of reasons. One of the biggest was I didn't wanna be "That guy" and have a ricer exhaust. But after watching a video of a guy who had taken off his 3rd cat, main resonator, and mufflers the car sounded INCREDIBLE! I bit the bullet and got the job done.

Now I know loud exhausts aren't for everyone, but I am super happy with it. The car is a nice low rumble when I am casually driving and when I WOT it the thing goes berserk and you'll definitely hear me 3 blocks away. The car also afterfires like crazy now as well which I enjoy hearing. And no, this wasn't a cold start, we had just got back from a drive so the engine was hot.
LoL, my son did this to his V6 Tacoma when he was 20. He is now 23 and in the USAF so I only hear it when he is home on leave or I visit him.
He still likes the sound except when he is on the interstate for a long drive.

I was never a fan but it sounds good to some of you...

I am too old school and anything less than a V8 needs to be quiet, or well, you know, I consider it a Ricer ;-)

Have fun with it and like I told my son, when you are in the neighborhood, be respectful to the neighbors cause it’s my house, not yours!

Now,

VFR4Lee likes this.

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Navi
2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Navi
2002 Lexus SC430 V8 Hardtop Convertible
2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 5.7L LS1 V8 Convertible
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 Old 11-05-2017, 03:52 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
And the car is planned to be around 400whp by the end of summer next year.
Hmm

Attached Images
BanzaiRocket likes this.
post #18 of 27 Old 11-05-2017, 04:47 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
And I doubt i'll get sick of it because I've driven the car more now than ever.
But your neighbors will!
BanzaiRocket likes this.

2009 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe V6 w/Navi, 6MT, Polished Metal Metallic.

post #19 of 27 Old 11-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
To be honest, it actually sounds better than I expected, if not for the high volume and the fact that your car now stinks a lot(if your cats are gone). V6 is not quite as raspy as I4.

I personally cannot bring myself to do this kind of stuff. Yes, I like driving my cars hard, but I also don't want to be too obnoxious. IMO a car should only sound loud when you want it to, like my V6 Accord and RX-8. Both are fairly quiet when cruising, and only relatively loud when I floor it. Nothing that will go down 3 blocks, that's for sure.

Like said, good luck dealing with cops(who will ticket you for both the noise and your smelly, poisonous exhaust) and annoyed neighbors.

BTW, while 400 WHP is possible with a turbo, I'd like to see the effect of it on the AT. It would be rather interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLYumD View Post
My personal O P I N I O N is that the volume of the car should match its output.
I would agree, but then there are the rotary engines that break this law, even in stock form. Mine is definitely louder than my V6 Accord with the factory exhaust. I currently run a catted mid-pipe with a proper resonator. Slightly deeper sound, but the volume is about the same.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 27 Old 11-06-2017, 10:23 AM
A Scusi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
BTW, while 400 WHP is possible with a turbo, I'd like to see the effect of it on the AT. It would be rather interesting.
Contact Level10 Performance in PA, they make beefed up internals for the Honda V6 automatic transmissions that are good for 500 hp, and they "fix" that annoying auto trans whine sound by replacing certain components to quiet them down.
post #21 of 27 Old 11-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanzaiRocket View Post
Contact Level10 Performance in PA, they make beefed up internals for the Honda V6 automatic transmissions that are good for 500 hp, and they "fix" that annoying auto trans whine sound by replacing certain components to quiet them down.
Very little info I can find about them. Good to know there is an option, but how well do they actually work in experience?

Besides, you can't use the stock gear ratios anymore. You basically lose the first 2 gears with 400 WHP because they will just burn rubbers. Do these trannies have different gear ratios?

You will be remembered.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #22 of 27 Old 11-06-2017, 11:16 AM
A Scusi!

Quote:
Very little info I can find about them. Good to know there is an option, but how well do they actually work in experience?

Besides, you can't use the stock gear ratios anymore. You basically lose the first 2 gears with 400 WHP because they will just burn rubbers. Do these trannies have different gear ratios?

post #23 of 27 Old 11-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
I was trying to say very little info outside of their website. I should have been more clear.

Have people tried installing them?

You will be remembered.

post #24 of 27 Old 11-06-2017, 04:39 PM
Race to the speed limit

Quote:
I was trying to say very little info outside of their website. I should have been more clear.

Have people tried installing them?
What I've seen from 7th gen Accords is that there's little/no success and that Level10 is a fail. That was quite a while ago.

I've seen recent (just a few years ago) success from users on a G37 and an SRT forum but no real follow-up.

Lots of hate hate hate and bad testimonies though.

'08 EX-L V6 Sedan

PERFORMANCE
  • Routine Maintenance
  • Takeda Short Ram Intake
  • J37 Throttle Body
  • J37 Intake Manifold
  • P2R Intake Manifold Spacer
  • Intake Resonator Delete
  • VCMTuner

AUDIO
  • JL 10W3 in Wicked CAS Magic Box <=> Kicker CX300.1
  • Kicker CS65s <=> Alpine KTP-445U
post #25 of 27 Old 11-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLYumD View Post
What I've seen from 7th gen Accords is that there's little/no success and that Level10 is a fail. That was quite a while ago.

I've seen recent (just a few years ago) success from users on a G37 and an SRT forum but no real follow-up.

Lots of hate hate hate and bad testimonies though.
This is to be expected since they mainly focus on making auto trans mods as far as I can tell. It's much less severe here at DA, but I know some forums(especially for sports cars) discriminate against 2 pedals.

You will be remembered.

post #26 of 27 Old 01-03-2018, 07:52 PM
3rd Gear

Will be car be quieter than this If i remove my mufflers? I have 3rd cat delete replaced with megan test pipe, dynamax resonator, mid muffler deleted with Y pipe leading to megan OST mufflers right now. I just want a bit more growl but not obnoxious like this.
post #27 of 27 Old 01-04-2018, 04:45 PM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Judging exhaust sound is tricky on the internet. The same sound could be different simply due to the recording and playback device.

You will be remembered.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.