Sprint Booster..........worth the money? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
3Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 10-09-2015, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Sprint Booster..........worth the money?

I have a 2010 V6 with automatic transmission and someone told me that the Sprint Booster Power Converter made by boulekos Dynamic would really improve the throttle response on my car. So, I wanted to see if anyone here has any experience with this product before I decide to shell out $290.

Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 10-09-2015, 11:49 AM
port & polish everything

I've never owned a sprint booster, but Ktuner allows for throttle remapping now and it actually adds horsepower.

KTuner throttle mapping

2003 LX eternal blue sedan - tsx intake manifold, dc sports header, fujita cold air intake, hondata and p2r heatshields, tls rear sway bar, 6mt strut bar, brembo rotors
2007 SE cool blue sedan - p2r heatshield, k&n drop in, no resonator
2010 LX-S belize blue coupe - bored throttle body, ported runners, hps silicone intake, aem drop in, tsx rear sway bar, ktuner.com
post #3 of 25 Old 10-09-2015, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

How do you know what settings you should have it set at? Or do you have to take it somewhere to set it up? Those graphs look complicated.

post #4 of 25 Old 10-09-2015, 03:55 PM
5th Gear

In short, don't buy it.

Yes, it will improve throttle response but it does it by messing around with the voltage of the pedal input. This tends to cause the check engine light to turn on with Honda products. The light won't necessarily come on right away and can be cleared up by unplugging the device, using a code scanner to clear it, then plugging back in later. But who wants to do that on a constant basis? I simply wouldn't feel safe having this device installed since you can get run-away acceleration too, in case the device physically goes crazy.

Ktuner now allows you the option to adjust the drive by wire settings. It simply works. period. And it does it the proper way. Just do 1:1 mapping and that should be plenty fine and you can play around with the settings afterwards to tweak it in infinite combinations. If you have a windows laptop available then you can do it all yourself. On my 9th gen V6 it makes a night and day difference in day to day driving. really important for us V6 sedan's since we have no ability to shift or manage our gearing so the throttle pedal is a big deal.
obtrunco likes this.

'14 EX-L V6 with Nav
  • 17 mm TSX Sway bar
  • K-tuned
post #5 of 25 Old 10-10-2015, 06:35 AM
Running NYC

Save your money and follow everyone elses advice here. Get ktuner and be done with it.
LatinCT2 likes this.

2008 Accord Sedan V6
Satin Red Full dip Morimoto h1 quad retrofit(HIDILLUSIONZ)
4300k low 3000k fogs
Demon eye projector mod
JDM Badges Front/Back
Acura TL-SHAWD IM cover
Debadged
28% tint all around
Switchblade Key
Takeda SRI/Magnaflow Cat-Back
Megan racing test pipe
Hawk 5.0 pads
Stoptech drilled/slotted rotors
Led signal upgrades
19x8.5 TSW Rotary forged Interlagos
Adaptec 15mm custom spacers on rear
Tein Basis coils 2" drop
19MM Acura TL rear sway bar
post #6 of 25 Old 10-10-2015, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks guys.
post #7 of 25 Old 10-10-2015, 10:10 AM
banned

K-Tuner is good but i use K-Tuner and Spring Booster and other cool mods even better. I would recommend it get Sprint Booster or Apexi throttle controler if you install Acura TL throttle
post #8 of 25 Old 10-10-2015, 11:27 AM
port & polish everything

There's no good reason to use additional controllers or set the throttle table gains too high. The throttle plate can only open to its' maximum and that's it. "boosting" the throttle settings too high causes you to lose fine control of the throttle. For things like tight courses/corners or even sandbagging a straight line you don't want to hit 100% throttle too quickly.

2003 LX eternal blue sedan - tsx intake manifold, dc sports header, fujita cold air intake, hondata and p2r heatshields, tls rear sway bar, 6mt strut bar, brembo rotors
2010 LX-S belize blue coupe - bored throttle body, ported runners, hps silicone intake, aem drop in, tsx rear sway bar, ktuner.com
post #9 of 25 Old 10-10-2015, 06:29 PM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by outersquare View Post
There's no good reason to use additional controllers or set the throttle table gains too high. The throttle plate can only open to its' maximum and that's it. "boosting" the throttle settings too high causes you to lose fine control of the throttle. For things like tight courses/corners or even sandbagging a straight line you don't want to hit 100% throttle too quickly.
Each car should be treaded for throttle mapping individual. Do not copy setting from other members who claim his car get 10 times better. You never know how much air his throttle can get on the road. SRI or CAI, TL throttle or regular 3.5L ..i4 or V6, Manual or Auto all matters.
post #10 of 25 Old 10-10-2015, 08:12 PM
port & polish everything

Electronic throttles only became common in the last ten years. Before that most fuel injected gasoline engines had a throttle plate pulled open by a steel cable, which was then pulled by the accelerator pedal. You step on the gas half way, the throttle plate opens half way. Stand on the gas and the throttle plate opens wide open. I4, I6, V6, V8, automatic or manual, all worked like this. There was no "individual mapping".

post #11 of 25 Old 10-10-2015, 09:37 PM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by outersquare View Post
Electronic throttles only became common in the last ten years. Before that most fuel injected gasoline engines had a throttle plate pulled open by a steel cable, which was then pulled by the accelerator pedal. You step on the gas half way, the throttle plate opens half way. Stand on the gas and the throttle plate opens wide open. I4, I6, V6, V8, automatic or manual, all worked like this. There was no "individual mapping".
Talking to your neighbor mechanic and find out little more info on throttle setting this is not make your car set with proper throttle responds.That all Experimental project "RAW".
Two years ago when Sprint Booster come up for Accord v6, Acurazine.com TL Commiunity can't stop talking about, why same product they can't use on TL. Because each Throttle size and DBW throttle magnet module set for each throttle individual.
Every company brand like Weapon-R, Sprint Booster or Apexi, Body Club ..has separate application for each car, because they make proper test for each car throttle.
Sprint Booster has 2 version Manual and Auto, same with other companies.

Never owned a sprint booster how could you make argument?
3 Day's ago i try your setting its not even close to compare with Sprint Booster or Apexi. Drowing 3 blocks, i back home disappointed and change back to K-Tunner setting.
talking to your neighbor mechanic and find out little more info on throttle setting this is not make your car set with proper throttle responds.That all Experimental project "RAW" as expected.
Two years ago when Sprint Booster come up for Accord v6, Acurazine.com TL Commiunity can't stop talking about, why same product they can't use on TL. Because each Throttle size and DBW throttle magnet module set for each throttle individual.
Every company brand like Weapon-R, Sprint Booster or Apexi, Body Club ..has separate application for each car, because they make proper test for each car throttle.
Sprint Booster has 2 version Manual and Auto, same with other companies.
Here's my car on the left Sprint Booster, on the right Apexi throttle controller

Last edited by namegoeshere; 10-15-2015 at 03:56 PM.
post #12 of 25 Old 10-11-2015, 02:55 AM
5th Gear

dude u cant even compare ktuner throttle mapping to a device such as sprint booster and i throttle. ive had both ithrottle and sprint booster and its NO COMPARISON to ktuner...

ktuner ftw

2011 BBP 6-6
post #13 of 25 Old 10-11-2015, 05:35 AM
Running NYC

Seriously you guys are comparing oranges to apples its just not gonna happen. Ktuner is miles and miles ahead of any of these controller or boosters etc. Not to mention you can edit your throttle settings plus many many many more in ktuner..no comparison here and ktuner has made these things useless really imo. Arlekino care to explain your reasoning for having two controllers that do the same thing?

2008 Accord Sedan V6
Satin Red Full dip Morimoto h1 quad retrofit(HIDILLUSIONZ)
4300k low 3000k fogs
Demon eye projector mod
JDM Badges Front/Back
Acura TL-SHAWD IM cover
Debadged
28% tint all around
Switchblade Key
Takeda SRI/Magnaflow Cat-Back
Megan racing test pipe
Hawk 5.0 pads
Stoptech drilled/slotted rotors
Led signal upgrades
19x8.5 TSW Rotary forged Interlagos
Adaptec 15mm custom spacers on rear
Tein Basis coils 2" drop
19MM Acura TL rear sway bar
post #14 of 25 Old 10-14-2015, 07:34 PM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy View Post
Seriously you guys are comparing oranges to apples its just not gonna happen. Ktuner is miles and miles ahead of any of these controller or boosters etc. Not to mention you can edit your throttle settings plus many many many more in ktuner..no comparison here and ktuner has made these things useless really imo. Arlekino care to explain your reasoning for having two controllers that do the same thing?
First of all no body compare K-Tuner with any Throttle boost controller. We have conversation or argument comparing power and responds of Throttle boost controller with your setting posted using K-Tuner soft to adjust throttle responds.Second, answer your question, yes i own 3 controllers believe me or not. I have 2 two Sprint Booster and one new Apexi throttle controller. Why 2 Sprint Boosters because first version of Sprint Booster back in 2008 give voltage error to Civic users never happens on Accord, but extremely responsive on throttle to compare with new 2010 version more smooth and stable (Both for sale).Back in April i purchase new Apexi and never come back to Sprint Booster its very cool controller,more responsive and put big smile on your face.Multiple setting for users with all kinda levels ECO and BOOST my car is beast when i use setting on RED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 View Post
dude u cant even compare ktuner throttle mapping to a device such as sprint booster and i throttle. ive had both ithrottle and sprint booster and its NO COMPARISON to ktuner...

ktuner ftw

Ok guys let me start with questions, please answer my question when you post replay.Maybe we find answer why its not working on my car.
(1.) Do you install Acura TL 3.7L SH-AWD Throttle Body on your V6 ?
(2.) Did you load K-Tuner (Tune-1 setting and adjust all throttle inside that file)?
So i take second shot on "1:1" setting today no !
That what i did i open Tune1 file load Base throttle map setting adjust setting, save it then re-flash ECU.
My first impression car lost power, absolutely less throttle responds
then regular, allot more push on pedal to get car go in, sorry guys its not working for me.Reflash back to tune1.
I start thinking why so many guys happy with setting and its not working for me? Maybe due Acura TL 3.7L throttle or custom made butterfly door?
My conclusion i stay with Apexi until i visit my tuner to complete full custom map for all setting in K-Tuner.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 10-15-2015 at 03:56 PM.
post #15 of 25 Old 10-15-2015, 01:33 PM
5th Gear

KTuner throttle mapping

2011 BBP 6-6
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.