Best mods for performance gain - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
3Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 54 Old 08-05-2007, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Best mods for performance gain

Hi guys, I am a noob and am interested in adding a little kick to my 07 accord lx 5MT. So far I've read up a little on cold air intakes and was wondering what you guys recommend for the best performance gains that won't risk damage to my vehicle.

Anything you guys say will be greatly appreciated, I'm just trying to learn

Oh, also not trying to spend a lot of money either

2007 Accord LX 5MT Acura TL Wheels... waiting to get home from school to put them on

Looking for CAI with bypass filter option... TSX manifold mod sounds sweet
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 08-05-2007, 07:17 AM
accordless

has been discussed 6.324 million times.

search search search.

'08 RDX tech.

'06 accord V6 6 MT nav sedan... gone.

'06 TSX 6MT.
post #3 of 54 Old 08-05-2007, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

I know I have been I was just hoping someone knowledgeable could give me a quick rundown. Its cool though I'll just search more

2007 Accord LX 5MT Acura TL Wheels... waiting to get home from school to put them on

post #4 of 54 Old 08-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

Fujita cold air intake, DC exhaust header, World Sport ll muffler by Apexi, V-6 6 speed coupe strut brace, Acura anti sway bar, and more. It's all here and someone has done it so search big time. These are a few starters for you............
post #5 of 54 Old 08-05-2007, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

My main question is... after all that, how many horses do you think you've got?

post #6 of 54 Old 08-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Probably about 10 or 15 more horsepower max. after the CIA and exhaust header/muffler, and you will probably not feel the difference after spending close to $1,000 other than louder intake and exhaust sound, you probably also will have changed the horsepower and torque curve as intake and exhaust mods tend to make the horsepower near the high RPM end while sacrifising the lower RPM range, so you "may" loose overall performance at the end on day-to-day driving even though you may see a gain of the max. horsepower on a dyno chart.

This is where you've got to ask yourself, was it worth it?

While it's more fun doing mods, you will almost always get better performnace $ value by getting a higher trim model from the factory rather than going the aftermarket mods route, you will also not "risk damaging your vehicle" as you asked with OEM performance already built in with the higher trim model.

And this is why 10 years ago I bought an Integra GSR, still no mods today, and also why I got a V6 Coupe 2 weeks ago, I have no intention of doing any horsepower mods on the Accord either, maybe the TL 17mm rear sway bar after I get a bit more used to the car, maybe better set of tires when the OEM tires wear out, and definitely the HIR headlights when I can find them at a reasonable price, but that's about it.

Pretty boring, eh?
post #7 of 54 Old 08-05-2007, 03:55 PM

The stickers man.... can't forget the stickers. I hear they add about 5 HP each.
justjeremy209 likes this.
post #8 of 54 Old 08-05-2007, 04:14 PM
lovin' my first car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhass33 View Post
Hi guys, I am a noob and am interested in adding a little kick to my 07 accord lx 5MT. So far I've read up a little on cold air intakes and was wondering what you guys recommend for the best performance gains that won't risk damage to my vehicle.

Anything you guys say will be greatly appreciated, I'm just trying to learn

Oh, also not trying to spend a lot of money either
if you want more kick to your accord, you should have gotten the v6 6mt or auto depending on availability. that will give you everything you ask for in terms of performance gains. i have the v6 auto and feel it has tons of power for everyday driving. the 4 cylinder is pretty powerful by itself, but needs more passing power above 70+.

the v6 will give you plenty of kick for everyday driving. you'll find yourself ahead of the pack when you launch at every light and zooming in and out of traffic on the highway. most drivers are cautious and slow with their 4 cyl. accords in florida. with the v6, you can be cautious and be ahead of everyone at the same time with a smirk of satisfaction as no one even bothers to try and keep up.

get the v6 and most performance mods will be further seen as useless.

'07 NBP Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi- Mods - Accessories (Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, OEM fog lights, OEM door & moonroof visors, Decklid Spoiler, All season mats, Cassette Deck, Door Edge Guards), Polk Audio DB691 6x9 speakers

Coming Soon - 35% tint front and back, HFP gunmetal grey 17" wheels
post #9 of 54 Old 08-05-2007, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Well I would have if I had the money, but I got the LX for 16,800 before TTL. The V6 6MT would have cost about 10,000 more. I'm perfectly happy but after reading some threads it seemed that people were raving about performance gains from certain mods and I wanted to get in on that if it was reasonable.

post #10 of 54 Old 08-05-2007, 10:13 PM

Seriously, as mentioned above you'll get the best bang with:

- cold air intake
- exhaust header
- TL rear sway bar
- and maybe even TSX intake manifold
post #11 of 54 Old 08-05-2007, 10:55 PM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to chanke4252
Here is the DIY for the TSX Intake Manifold. This and an intake would be the first two mods I would do to the I4 accord.

I suffer from a condition characterized by extremely long posts, sorry...

Current: 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4-Door (Spark Silver Metallic)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous: 2006 Accord Coupe EX V6 6MT w/ Nav (Graphite Pearl)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 54 Old 08-06-2007, 10:30 AM
5th Gear

I just wish someone would do back to back runs with these modifications at a mile drag strip to verify the claims. Without Hard numbers (RaceWeight/Mph) to back the horsepower claims, you are just guessing what the modification will return.

Chassis-dyno results can be very misleading as a horsepower increase at the very top of the Rpm range may have no impact on actual numbers at the race track.

Wife's
2007 Accord EX-L coupe J30A5 automatic Cool Blue-Black Interior
17mm rear bar, BFG COMP-2 A/S, Philips 9006 CrystalVision Ultra, interior LEDs, 3m Ceramic 40%

Mine
2016 Mazda6 Touring manual Deep Crystal Blue Mica/Sand leatherette

Gone:
2007 Accord EX-L sedan J30A5 6-speed For Mazda6
2007 Accord EX-L sedan K24A8 manual Totaled
2007 Accord EX-L sedan K24A8 automatic For Wife's coupe
2004 Accord EX-L sedan K24A8 manual Leased
2003 Acura TL-S sedan Leased
post #13 of 54 Old 08-06-2007, 10:32 AM
6th Gear

Send a message via AIM to chanke4252
That might be nice, though as inexpensive as this mod is and the feedback that people have gotten with their butt dynos, I think it sounds worthwhile (as long as you don't mind not knowing how much hp your car is actually putting out). I'd definately do it if I had the I4. Cheaper than an intake and there are many equally expensive bolt-on mods that do pretty much nothing noticeable.

I suffer from a condition characterized by extremely long posts, sorry...

Current: 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4-Door (Spark Silver Metallic)

Previous: 2006 Accord Coupe EX V6 6MT w/ Nav (Graphite Pearl)

post #14 of 54 Old 08-07-2007, 02:25 AM
4th Gear

I think a number of people on gen7 or v6p already dyno'd their cars after those upgrades and got good whp numbers (150-160whp).

2006 Accord Sedan V6
CarPC Alpine CDA-9887 + Imprint Dynaudio Esotec 342 Polk db690 RF P450.4 Alpine MRP-T222 Basslink.
TL-S anti-sway bars oem front shock tower brace. TEIN FLEX + EDFC
post #15 of 54 Old 08-07-2007, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator

They better be getting more than that! My 96 Integra GSR dyno'ed at 140+ WHp, the V6 Accord feels much faster than that even with 600 lbs more weight.

2005 Satin Silver V6 Coupe 6 speed
TL shift knob, Hidden Hitch, Venture Shield clear protetive film,
GM Friction Modified Synchromesh transmission fluid,
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.