Hit a curb at my Side Skirt - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
  • 1 Post By alumeh
  • 1 Post By 08EX-L
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-02-2015, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Hit a curb at my Side Skirt

I stupidly estimated a curb incorrectly and damaged the side of my accord coupe and SEVERLY damaged the exterior body of my car at the side skirt, under my passenger door. Do you guys know of the best possible solution for this? Taking it to a body shop, I'm thinking, will be pretty pricy. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a less expensive solution? Perhaps covering it with another(custom) side skirt? I'm not sure? Please let me know if you guys had anything in mind. I have attached pictures of my angel's current condition ?

Attached Images
seldomseen likes this.

post #2 of 9 Old 09-02-2015, 08:38 AM
5th Gear

That is a nasty curb hit there and I'm afraid the only option you have is either paying the body shop out of your pocket or filing it on your insurance. There is a ground effects kit made for our cars but you would still be able to see some of the damage. Here is a link to the side skirt.

2015 Black Accord Coupe EX-L / NAV / v6 / Automatic / 20% tint / HID Headlights / LED Fogs / LED Interior
post #3 of 9 Old 09-02-2015, 09:21 AM
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )

omg...how the heck did you do that?
did you think you were driving a bus?
im sorry to be negative but why are so many people having this problem?
yes its a long car but holy crap.
were you speeding or drinking??
good luck with the repair

post #4 of 9 Old 09-02-2015, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Yeah it looks terrible. I figured taking it to a body shop would be my only option. Hopefully it's still fixable and I do not need to replace the entire panel. And the price of getting those side skirts and having them installed looks like it would be the same price as getting it fixed. Does anyone know the price range? I am going to a few local body shops this weekend, but just to have an idea....?

I honestly don't know how it did THAT much damage. I hit it after letting off the brakes FROM REST. I had to be going like 3miles per hour. I guess maybe the way I turned into it or something. Idk. But thanks, I'll need it.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-02-2015, 10:31 AM
3rd Gear

Yeah, I'd get the underbody side skirts, it will cover that right up and probably be cheaper then repairing it...

2014 Accord V6Touring Sedan - Crystal Black Pearl

2010 Ridgeline RT- Satin Silver Metallic
2004 Accord LX Sedan - Satin Silver Metallic
post #6 of 9 Old 09-02-2015, 11:01 AM
2015 Accord Touring I4

People in my work parking lot do that all the time. They actually drag the cement curb a few feet before it comes to rest on the sidewalk. I use to think people were pranking us by moving it by hand but its several hundred pounds.

Get a quote on having it repaired... and if its too much you can hide it partially with the skirt but I would make sure you cover that exposed metal with paint as best you can.

What sucks is you hit the bottom of the door too and that means a full paint and blend on each side to get it perfect.
Das Chicken likes this.

2015 Honda Accord Sedan Touring NAVI I4 CVT White Orchard Pearl
2011 Toyota Venza Premium V6 AWD 6AT Blizzard Pearl
2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
2005 Acura TSX I4 5AT Premium White Pearl (Sold)
2002 Honda Civic Coupe SiG Veloz I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
post #7 of 9 Old 09-02-2015, 11:10 AM
5th Gear

I think they will need to cut that skirt out and replace it with a new piece because of the crease and how the metal is bent but I could be wrong. My guess is somewhere is the $1500 to $2000 range if they have to cut that out and replace.

2015 Black Accord Coupe EX-L / NAV / v6 / Automatic / 20% tint / HID Headlights / LED Fogs / LED Interior
post #8 of 9 Old 09-02-2015, 07:19 PM

Panel is called a rocker panel. To do it right, you would need to section cut & replace panel.

2009 ASM EX I-4 Auto 4DR: Weapon-R I Throttle/TL FSB RSB/Morimoto H1/Fogs/K40/Viper 5704/exLED 146K

2015 HM SPORT I-4 CVT 4DR: TL RSB, exLED, OEM Tweeters-LED Mirrors-LED Tail Lights, Coutesy Lights, Ambient Light Kit, 4G TL Retrofit w/TSX-R Lens, RV6 PCD, Bridgestone Potenza S-04 36K

2016 ABP Civic EX-T CVT 4DR
post #9 of 9 Old 03-29-2017, 07:35 PM

Whatever became of this situation? It looks like you did a high and drunken powerslide into a steel pole of some sort!

A body shop will be able to pull out the gouge, smooth the rocker panel, then prep, prime, and repaint, and clearcoat the entire section. Depending on the shop, it will most likely range from $500 - $1000 to properly fix the damage. It also looks as though you scraped the lower part of the passenger door too, which may increase the repair cost a tad bit.

2017 Accord Coupe | Touring | MSM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.