Important Honda finance question - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 04-26-2013, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Important Honda finance question

Good morning all:
I bought my 2013 Accord on April 2nd. I am financing it through Honda credit. I have NOT received any type of correspondence from them at all regarding my loan payment. For those of you who have financed through them, how long does it normally take to receive a statement from them? I think my first payment is due May 17. Thanks for all responses.
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 04-26-2013, 04:12 AM
3rd Gear

took 35 days. BS to be honest with you.

2013 EX-L V6 AT Coupe
2012 Honda CB1000R
99.5 Jetta TDI
06 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4..700+hp
post #3 of 23 Old 04-26-2013, 04:34 AM
5th Gear

It does take a while, it took around 30 days for our paperwork to get here. Contact the dealer finance guy first and get the exact date it was submitted to Honda.
Good luck

2013 Accord EX-L Basque Red (hers)
2009 Tahoe LT (mine)
post #4 of 23 Old 04-26-2013, 04:35 AM
2nd Gear

Mine also took awhile to arrive. I actually called to check on it. If I were you I would goto Honda Finacial and do everything online You will get emails when your statement is ready you can also make payments to your principle

Sent from
post #5 of 23 Old 04-26-2013, 04:43 AM
6th Gear

I'd imagine this is a pretty busy time of the year for them too.

2015 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD Elite
2013 'Hemie' Accord Touring V6 - Canadian - Retired
post #6 of 23 Old 04-26-2013, 05:24 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank03270 View Post
Mine also took awhile to arrive. I actually called to check on it. If I were you I would goto Honda Finacial and do everything online You will get emails when your statement is ready you can also make payments to your principle

Sent from
How does one register with them?

When I tried it required my account number... from the paperwork they haven't mailed me lol

Is Honda Finance easy to work with? I never had any problems with VW, Chrysler or my Bank, so I'm hoping the lack of communication will be the only hurdle.
post #7 of 23 Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsaccordcoupe View Post
Good morning all:
I bought my 2013 Accord on April 2nd. I am financing it through Honda credit. I have NOT received any type of correspondence from them at all regarding my loan payment. For those of you who have financed through them, how long does it normally take to receive a statement from them? I think my first payment is due May 17. Thanks for all responses.
Bought my car midway through March, didn't get anything from them until last week. The lady I talked to said that their policy was to mail out payment notices/etc 2 weeks before the actual due date.

You can call them up, give your pertinent info, and then request your account number from the operator. That's what I did. Getting the account number lets you get registered on their website so you can set up payments and the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwxjer View Post
How does one register with them?

When I tried it required my account number... from the paperwork they haven't mailed me lol
Same here. That's why I called them up, talked to their people, and got my account number from them. The lady I talked with was very friendly and helpful, and even mailed out a second welcome packet just in case something had gone wrong with the first one.

Once you have the account number you can do the online enrollment and set up payments as you wish.
post #8 of 23 Old 04-26-2013, 07:14 AM
4th Gear

I bought my car March 28th and still have not received a thing. I believe they said there was a 45 day grace period before I had to make my first payment so assuming i'd get the first bill at the end of this month first week of next month.

2013 EX-L v6 Black on Black
post #9 of 23 Old 04-26-2013, 07:36 AM
hot garbage

I got a letter/statement from them in about 2 weeks. first loan payment was actually a month after purchase.
post #10 of 23 Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 AM
4th Gear

I signed on Feb 26th and didn't get paperwork until mid/late-April. There were delays in processing my paperwork. I actually had to pay the dealership, and he called Honda and requested the first payment be taken from their proceeds. Very unusual and disappointing process. However, it did ultimately get resolved.

Dealing with Honda Financial Services online is very easy. I definitely recommend it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- MSM/Black
Tint || HIDs || LED Kit || Spoiler || 19" TSW Spa

Previous:
2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6 w/ Navigation (Totaled 11/7/2013)
2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe Journey Sport/Premium/Navigation
2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S
post #11 of 23 Old 04-26-2013, 08:30 AM
Retired from Car Biz....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUtigerME View Post
I signed on Feb 26th and didn't get paperwork until mid/late-April. There were delays in processing my paperwork. I actually had to pay the dealership, and he called Honda and requested the first payment be taken from their proceeds. Very unusual and disappointing process. However, it did ultimately get resolved.

Dealing with Honda Financial Services online is very easy. I definitely recommend it.
I can guess what happened here...the dealer submitted bad paperwork (not illegal bad, just typos and stuff) did oyu have to resign anything at the dealership?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My DD:'16 Camaro
post #12 of 23 Old 04-26-2013, 09:02 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen e View Post
I can guess what happened here...the dealer submitted bad paperwork (not illegal bad, just typos and stuff) did oyu have to resign anything at the dealership?
I signed once on Feb 26th, then again on March 13th upon delivery (to make corrections to prevent delays, lol). Paperwork wasn't filed with AHFC until April 10th (date I payed dealership because payment was due April 12th). Another delay was in payoff of my trade. Gave it to them on March 13th, wasn't payed off until April 9th.

Overall, I was not very happy with the performance of the dealerships or the general handling of everything. Sales people were fine and helpful, but the "back room" type business was a real cluster****.

- MSM/Black
Tint || HIDs || LED Kit || Spoiler || 19" TSW Spa

Previous:
2013 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6 w/ Navigation (Totaled 11/7/2013)
2010 Infiniti G37 Coupe Journey Sport/Premium/Navigation
2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S
post #13 of 23 Old 04-26-2013, 09:37 AM
2nd Gear

Does take awhile for them to send the paperwork. I usually wait about 4 weeks and then call them up and ask for my account number, then register online with my account number. Their customer service is great to chat with on the phone.
post #14 of 23 Old 04-26-2013, 09:55 AM
3rd Gear

This doesn't have to do with Honda financing, but I bought an Accord on March 24th and the other day i received a call from the bank. Apparently the Honda dealership had not paid off my trade in yet. So the bank was calling looking for their money. Dealership has not gotten back in touch with us. I found it interesting that i would have to deal with this issue.

2013 Accord Sport CVT
2010 Ford F150 Lariat
2006 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
post #15 of 23 Old 04-26-2013, 10:26 AM
1st Gear

I leased my Accord on April 8, and got the initial bill on April 22. The first payment (well, technically the second payment) is due May 8, so that is an adequate time frame.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.