Getting a Lien release from Honda Financial - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-11-2016, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Getting a Lien release from Honda Financial

Has anyone recently sold a Honda which you still had a loan with Honda financial, I may be selling my Accord and was wondering how I would get the Lien release from Honda financial immediately after paying it off to hand over to the new owner. In the past I had local banks and would pay off the loan and get the Lien release right then, I know I have to call Honda Financial but see they are having some problems currently so wanted to ask here first

Thanks,
Rick

2013 White Orchid Pearl EX-L V6
- Deck Lid Spoiler
- WT Floor Liners
- Trunk Tray
- OE Aluminum Door Sill Trim
- OE Splash Guards
- Horn Upgrade
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-11-2016, 10:23 AM
Reverse Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingR View Post
Has anyone recently sold a Honda which you still had a loan with Honda financial, I may be selling my Accord and was wondering how I would get the Lien release from Honda financial immediately after paying it off to hand over to the new owner. In the past I had local banks and would pay off the loan and get the Lien release right then, I know I have to call Honda Financial but see they are having some problems currently so wanted to ask here first

Thanks,
Rick
Can't speak for Honda. A friend just bought a car from someone who financed through Ford. He had to hand the $ over and take possession of the car without the title. Ford takes 7-10 business days to deliver the title. Thankfully, this had a happy ending, but the friend was really nervous till he got the title in hand. The other party in the sale seemed equally nervous according to my friend.

2007 Accord LX-SE 4d 5spd MT Graphite Pearl (was his, now son's)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT Crystal Black Pearl/Ivory (His)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT White Orchid Pearl/Ivory (Hers)

Previous Rides
1993 Buick Regal 3.8
1992 Acura Legend LS 4D 5MT
1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4AT
1986 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT
1981 Saab 900 Turbo 4D 3AT "The money pit" $5K+ in repairs in 2 years
1976 Volvo 242DL 3AT "The Vault"
1976 Toyota Corona 4D 3AT "The Oven" black vinyl interior and no A/C
post #3 of 5 Old 04-11-2016, 12:08 PM
8TH GEN BELIEVER

It can't be done immediately. It's like a mortgage in that Honda Financial has to pay off the investor. Few if any auto financing companies use their own money. They sell the paper and service the loan for the investor.

OEM fogs / 22mm Progress RSB / Ultra Racing FSB / Koni FSDs / Modulo grille / debadged trunk /

Previous cars: 2003 EXL V6 Accord Coupe
1995 Accord EX Sedan
1985 Mercedes 300 Turbodiesel
1989 Volvo S90 Turbo
post #4 of 5 Old 04-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Out of Control

According to the Honda Financial Services webpage, the title will be mailed upon final payment clearance. It does not state a time limit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Current Honda vehicles
2010 Acura RDX Turbo AWD/Tech 67k miles - Daily Driver
2013 Accord EX-L I4 Auto 53k miles Black Pearl - Wife's car
2005 Acura TSX Auto 208k miles - Youngest Daughter
2013 FIT Sport Auto - 24k miles - Oldest Daughters car
Former Honda Vehicles
2001 Acura MDX Totaled t223k
1991 Accord LX auto sold 185k miles
1995 GSR sold miles
1991 Civic SI Crushed by a tree during a tornado 1997
1989 Prelude SI soldr miles
1986 Civic 5 speed sold miles
post #5 of 5 Old 04-11-2016, 02:51 PM
3rd Gear

Always write a bill of sale for any private sale. There are plenty of templates online, but your local AAA is probably the bext place to get help.

2004 LX sedan, 4-cyl, 5-spd, 315k
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.