Honda Financial Services Screwing Up - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
9Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 46 Old 04-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Get off my lawn

This is why I use my bank auto pay for payments like this. I push the money to Honda instead of letting them pull it from my account. Way easier and more control.
sm753 and Larry1014 like this.

2015 EX-L coupe 6-6
Advertisement

post #17 of 46 Old 04-06-2016, 08:45 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittpa View Post
This is why I use my bank auto pay for payments like this. I push the money to Honda instead of letting them pull it from my account. Way easier and more control.
Wouldn't help as I am not enrolled in autopay and I was charged twice this month. I scheduled my payment for April on 3/31 and saw it come out of my account on 4/2. Now another identical payment was charged today 4/6. To make things worse, the customer service line is apparently down as it says "call cannot be completed as dialed" when I try to call them. What a buncha dorks.

I have owned/leased Hondas all my life, but I won't be leasing with them again if they don't shape up. Life's too short to be dealing with shoddy customer service and incompetent financial services who build systems that 'accidentally' steal money from customers.

I can't wait until Apple or Google make a car so I can own something from a company that can write software, values customer service, and hey I might not even have to drive it!
post #18 of 46 Old 04-06-2016, 08:55 AM
1st Gear

Garage
I'm glad I read this post! HFC has double charged me as well. For those that have spoke to HFC, what has their response been?
post #19 of 46 Old 04-06-2016, 08:58 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittpa View Post
I think we'll be following suit, depending on how quickly this gets resolved.

I need to check to see if my bank's bill pay to honda is electronic (ach) or an actual check...... Looks like it is electronics, says it takes 2 days to deliver.

How long after you initiate the payment on your bank's site does it take for honda finance to reflect it?

jonl, this is affecting manual pay customers too.

2012 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan - Eibach Sway bars, Invidia Q300 Exhaust
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 100% stock
post #20 of 46 Old 04-06-2016, 08:58 AM
My First Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
I can't say we've had any issue with them.

Our due date is the 5th of each month. A manual payment is made on the 2nd or 3rd. So far everything appears to have debited correctly. No double payments.

Are those with issues set up on their autopay program? Rereading some of these posts suggests that is the case. While this system is supposed to make things easier, when it fails, things get far more complicated. When it comes to money, I want to be in full and complete control.
Two of my car payments are auto pay, but I also paid my excise tax ( I lease), manually, and that was taken out twice, as well.
post #21 of 46 Old 04-06-2016, 09:04 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
jonl, this is affecting manual pay customers too.
Yes it is. They have my bank account saved, but I am not enrolled in AutoPay or EasyPay or whatever they call it.

I log in every month and pay manually. This month, it charged my account twice.
post #22 of 46 Old 04-06-2016, 09:30 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzAccord View Post
In January, they waited 2 weeks beyond the due date to take my payments out. I called them every day to make sure they wouldn't be trying to say I didn't pay and ruin my credit. They owe us for all this extra stress!
There is no excuse for that but as an FYI, a payment needs to be 30 days late in order to reflect negatively on your credit report.

I have only been dealing with the since December and so far so good but I appreciate the thread. I will make sure I keep an eye on my account to make sure payments post as they are supposed to.

2016 Accord Sport
post #23 of 46 Old 04-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Reverse Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenandGold831 View Post
There is no excuse for that but as an FYI, a payment needs to be 30 days late in order to reflect negatively on your credit report.
Having gone through identity theft, I know that. When it was 1 week late, I didn't panic. After that, I wanted to make sure it didn't get to that point.

2007 Accord LX-SE 4d 5spd MT Graphite Pearl (was his, now son's)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT Crystal Black Pearl/Ivory (His)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT White Orchid Pearl/Ivory (Hers)

Previous Rides
1993 Buick Regal 3.8
1992 Acura Legend LS 4D 5MT
1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4AT
1986 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT
1981 Saab 900 Turbo 4D 3AT "The money pit" $5K+ in repairs in 2 years
1976 Volvo 242DL 3AT "The Vault"
1976 Toyota Corona 4D 3AT "The Oven" black vinyl interior and no A/C
post #24 of 46 Old 04-06-2016, 10:01 AM
6th Gear

Our bank account is considered negative only if it's in the negative at the close of business that day. We were advised to put funds in the account to make sure it's positive at the end of business today.

This is great for those who can do this. What about others' that have bounced checks as a result of this or don't have the money to make it positive. What a mess..
1accord likes this.

post #25 of 46 Old 04-06-2016, 10:08 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Our bank account is considered negative only if it's in the negative at the close of business that day. We were advised to put funds in the account to make sure it's positive at the end of business today.

This is great for those who can do this. What about others' that have bounced checks as a result of this or don't have the money to make it positive. What a mess..
Yeah this is going to be a costly mistake for Honda Financial since they will have to reimburse any fees their customers incur. Most banks have a matrix that calculates how much they are willing to let an account overdraft by so that checks still clear in cases like this. It's based on account, account age, deposits, account balance average, overdraft history, ect. When I was in banking, one of my duties was to monitor the overdraft list and determine if an item should be paid or not if it was outside of the matrix. Fun times lol.

As long as your make a deposit before the end of the day, any pending overdraft protection transfer should cancel out as well.

2016 Accord Sport
post #26 of 46 Old 04-06-2016, 10:30 AM
Reverse Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenandGold831 View Post
Yeah this is going to be a costly mistake for Honda Financial since they will have to reimburse any fees their customers incur. Most banks have a matrix that calculates how much they are willing to let an account overdraft by so that checks still clear in cases like this. It's based on account, account age, deposits, account balance average, overdraft history, ect. When I was in banking, one of my duties was to monitor the overdraft list and determine if an item should be paid or not if it was outside of the matrix. Fun times lol.

As long as your make a deposit before the end of the day, any pending overdraft protection transfer should cancel out as well.
When I was 19 years old, I forgot to record a check in my register and I ended up writing another check for 25 cents more than I had in the account. They chose to bounce the check and I had to pay the bank $30 and the place I wrote the check out to $25.

2007 Accord LX-SE 4d 5spd MT Graphite Pearl (was his, now son's)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT Crystal Black Pearl/Ivory (His)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT White Orchid Pearl/Ivory (Hers)

Previous Rides
1993 Buick Regal 3.8
1992 Acura Legend LS 4D 5MT
1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4AT
1986 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT
1981 Saab 900 Turbo 4D 3AT "The money pit" $5K+ in repairs in 2 years
1976 Volvo 242DL 3AT "The Vault"
1976 Toyota Corona 4D 3AT "The Oven" black vinyl interior and no A/C
post #27 of 46 Old 04-06-2016, 10:37 AM
6th Gear

Time to take it to social media.

post #28 of 46 Old 04-06-2016, 10:42 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzAccord View Post
When I was 19 years old, I forgot to record a check in my register and I ended up writing another check for 25 cents more than I had in the account. They chose to bounce the check and I had to pay the bank $30 and the place I wrote the check out to $25.

Been there, done that lol

All banks handle them differently but that should have been allowed to go through for such a small amount. Especially because you get put into a database when you write a bad check. Enough of those and you essentially get banned from writing checks at stores that use telecheck. It's not as big of a deal nowadays since checks aren't used as often at stores.
BenzAccord likes this.

2016 Accord Sport
post #29 of 46 Old 04-06-2016, 02:39 PM
1st Gear

I set up EasyPay two weeks ago to debit my first lease payment on 4/5. The website shows that amount is now past due and I can't call due to these other issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #30 of 46 Old 04-06-2016, 04:31 PM
6th Gear

Honda put out an announcement on their honda finance facebook page a short while ago.

Quote:
We have identified the accounts impacted by a payment processing error and have taken corrective action to refund these customers. Customers should start to receive refunds beginning Thursday, April 7, 2016. Any fees caused by this error will be waived or reimbursed, and we will assist customers with credit concerns. We are experiencing high call volumes due to this error. As a result, the average hold time is 20 - 30 minutes. We regret this inconvenience and are working diligently to resolve this matter as quickly as possible.
Too little too late imo, an earlier response is 7 hours old. In 20+ years of using ACH I've never experienced this with any financial institution. There's some speculation that it's a wells fargo issue as they are honda's back end processor. We'll likely never know the truth for sure. Some of the comments suggest this isn't the first time this has happened with hfs.

Once resolved, no more HFS initiated ach pulls. We're removing our bank account info from the site. Payments will be pushed to them using our bank's bill pay. Also, a bank rep tells me they have the ability to blacklist a creditor from ach pulls. We'll be sure to puts hfs on their shitlist.

I feel really bad for folks living paycheck to paycheck where this snafu has caused real issues with necessities such as food or fuel.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.