Spots on New Untinted Rear Window?? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-04-2006, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
I want to go fast!

Unhappy Spots on New Untinted Rear Window??

I just got a new 06' Accord Coupe V6 . I picked it up Friday (9/01) I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary at first, but then today, around dusk, I noticed weird spots on the rear window. Kinda looks like tint bubbles....problem is these windows aren't tinted and the car is brand new. I posted pics here...

anyone have suggestions..i thought maybe the dealer polished the windows with something and it will wash off after the first detail/wash. Should I be taking my car back to the dealer?? Any help would be great...

Attached Images
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-04-2006, 12:57 AM
ECU resets fix the idle..

Normal.

On every car.

Normal.

post #3 of 7 Old 09-04-2006, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Trip
That's normal - especially on (believe it or not) higher quality tints.

The tinting is probably polarized. When a tint, sunglasses, or even a camera lens is polarized, that means it does a specific job of filtering light. Think of it as working like a set of vertical window blinds - only light coming in at a certain angle will be let in. Light normally bounces all over the place and our eyes pick it all up. A polarized view limits the angles of the light your eye receives. This is why the more expensive polarized sunglasses seem to actually sharpen your vision and block out bothersome glare - it doesn't just "mute" or darken your view. It lets light in "straight on" and blocks light rays bouncing randomly all over in front of you.

Keeping all this in mind, if you look at a nekkid rear window with polarized glasses, you'll see those dots, too. It's in the glass, not the tint. Your tint is allowing an enhanced view while affording privacy and blocking light.

On a side note - ever wonder why you can never take a really really really awesome picture of your car with your own camera as compared to car mags? Professional shutterbugs use polarized lenses that can block, enhance, and manipulate light until they get that perfect combination of reflections and only the perfect combination they want without the random light.

Current: 2016 Mazda 6 GT, 1989 Prelude Si

Come & Gone: 84 Accord HB, 91 CRX Si, 89 Accord LXi, 90 Accord LX Cpe, 94 Accord EX, 95 Accord EX Cpe, 98 Accord EX, 99 A4, 03 Accord EX-L, 91 Civic RT4WD Wagon, 06 Accord EX-L NAVI, 09 Mazda 6 iGT

From The Dark Period: 01.5 Passat, 08 Accord 6-6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old 09-04-2006, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
I want to go fast!

Cool

ok...EVEN though these windows ARE NOT tinted...this is still normal?? Hmm...I never saw this on my old 98 Civic....and those were tinted.

Like I said this car is BRAND spanky new...no tint...at least none that they told me about....

still a little confused... but thanks for the explainations
post #5 of 7 Old 10-15-2014, 06:12 PM
I LOVE ACCORDS

Sorry guys to bring this back but after searching trying to find answers I found this same exact problem or question that I have. I have a new 2014 Accord "NOT TINTED" and I have the same spots on my rear window. So is this normal for non tinted glass? From what I understood from the previous answer seems like he meant cars that have been tinted so I'm still confused. I'm also concerned that if I tint my windows that you might see the spots more. I was wondering if any of you guys have another answer or experiencing this same issue. Thanks guys in advance.

2014 WOP SPORT ACCORD (current)
2004 EX-V6 Accord W/NAVI (3rd car...sold)
1996 LX Accord (2nd car...sold)
1989 DX Accord (1st car...sold)
post #6 of 7 Old 10-17-2014, 01:31 PM
4th Gear

Having the spots is a good thing. It means that glass is tempered or heat treated. It makes the glass harder and if you're in a crash, it breaks into tiny pieces rather than big jagged pieces. It's a safety feature.

2003 Accord Coupe EX-V6, Black, Automatic
post #7 of 7 Old 10-18-2014, 11:15 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockVIC View Post
Sorry guys to bring this back but after searching trying to find answers I found this same exact problem or question that I have. I have a new 2014 Accord "NOT TINTED" and I have the same spots on my rear window. So is this normal for non tinted glass? From what I understood from the previous answer seems like he meant cars that have been tinted so I'm still confused. I'm also concerned that if I tint my windows that you might see the spots more. I was wondering if any of you guys have another answer or experiencing this same issue. Thanks guys in advance.

I've always known of them as sunspots. It's common on most every car's glass.
If you get your windows tinted you WON'T see it anymore.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.