Simoniz GlassCoat - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-22-2012, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Simoniz GlassCoat

One of the additional items you can purchase from the dealer is this simoniz coating. The website claims the following:

When professionally applied to your vehicle, Simoniz GlassCoat polymerizes the clearcoat of your vehicle and forms a unique ceramic glass resin. Unlike traditional waxes and sealants that simply "coat the surface", GlassCoat chemically reacts and cross-links to the surface of the clearcoat to form a three dimensional network. The end result is an extremely clear, tough and durable ceramic film that adheres so strongly to the clearcoat that not even organic solvents can remove it! GlassCoat also provides you with a product warranty for up to 7 years on new vehicles and up to 6 years on preowned vehicles. If the process fails, the warranty will repair or repaint your vehicle.

Has anyone heard of this and is this worth the extra money (I have not found out yet what it would cost).

Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-22-2012, 09:54 PM
1st Gear

Nothing but bad reviews on the net, I'm staying away from it and sticking with my quarterly clay and wax. Let me know how you like it if you decide to take the plunge...

post #3 of 8 Old 10-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Retired from Car Biz....

Throwing money away buying anything from the dealer

It's a 500 pct markup

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My DD:'16 Camaro

post #4 of 8 Old 10-23-2012, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Sounds like I should just wash and wax the car myself. Thanks.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

greycar..........

This is an insurance policy. The maker sells it to the dealer for low cost and the "professionals" (yeah right) at the dealership apply it. There are hundreds of these products out there and each dealer chooses the one that is the best deal for them. It's all in the fine print, you MUST read it to find out the good and the bad. Very little is good. As glen said the markup is up to 500% and the product is no better than those that can be bought off the shelf. There are better products available but you must research and educate yourself.

Wash & Wax makes little sense, wash & SEAL makes good sense. Exception? Collinite Wax #845 and others..
post #6 of 8 Old 10-29-2012, 04:31 AM
NHBP AV6 6SPD coupe

Send a message via AIM to sy272004 Send a message via Yahoo to sy272004 Send a message via Skype™ to sy272004
i have about 20 bottles of it. i used it on my moms civic and it held up for about 6 month on it. very easy to apply, no need to wipe it after so i cant say anything bad about it
weather has to be warm though becouse it has to dry, it was on white car so i cant tell if it made it any shinier or anything
my friend said dealer paid like $10 for bottle

2004 NHBP Honda Accord V6 6SPD 2dr
post #7 of 8 Old 10-30-2012, 06:45 AM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

At $10 a bottle for a wipe on walk away sealant I'd use it. As far as the dealer charging $500+ there's no way.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-30-2012, 08:11 AM
NHBP AV6 6SPD coupe

Send a message via AIM to sy272004 Send a message via Yahoo to sy272004 Send a message via Skype™ to sy272004
agree with you. thats way too much what dealer charges but then again whats cheap at dealership. from video that i seen they went through 100+ car washes with that stuff on and was still there so it doesnt sound like a bad product but deff not worth $500, cquartz is cheaper then that

2004 NHBP Honda Accord V6 6SPD 2dr
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.