303 Aerospace Protectant On Tires - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 03-12-2012, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

303 Aerospace Protectant On Tires

Used it for the last year on the interior and loved it, read the post/research on use for tires and decided to give it a whirl. This after I etched a nice crescent pattern on the concrete driveway that will forever be lighter than its surroundings by using another product that dare not speak its name...but I digress.

I followed directions...spray on, wipe off overspray on rims and let dry wiping off excess after 5 min. The picture shows a small treated area I did Sat that has two daily driver trips on it. No high gloss shine but well over matte and just what I was looking for.

I'll report back later and maybe do an entire wheel...Name: ImageUploadedByAutoguide1331597151.760566.jpg
Views: 4753
Size: 40.4 KB

Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-12-2012, 07:40 PM
02-SE

I would recommend using this:

I have used 303 many times and it doesn't seem to last very long at all... Try this stuff out and let me know how you like it. It repels the water better than 303 and protects much better as well.

2002 Honda Accord SE Coupe 2.3 I-4 VTEC (DD)
Taffeta White 134,xxx Miles
1992 Lexus SC400 83,xxx miles *My Toy*

Past Car:
1996 Honda accord coupe LX! 106,xxx miles
*Totaled as of 3-31-10 Dumb People!*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/SIZE]
post #3 of 11 Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Retired from Car Biz....

yeah, 303 won't last and is a bit expensive...try the PERL and another good one is stoner's More shine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My DD:'16 Camaro

post #4 of 11 Old 03-13-2012, 06:11 AM
Carpe Diem

I've used 303 on my tires occasionally when I'm out of any other type of tireshine. It does look good, but like everyone else said, it doesn't last very long.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-13-2012, 01:50 PM
02-SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen e View Post
yeah, 303 won't last and is a bit expensive...try the PERL and another good one is stoner's More shine.
I forgot about the Stoners More Shine. I use that on the daily driver and it gives a wonderful shine and doesn't sling.

Past Car:

[/SIZE]
post #6 of 11 Old 03-13-2012, 02:05 PM
4th Gear

i use 303 on my interior and love it .. i purchased black fire tire and wheel cleaner... thinking it was tire shine ..it wasnt but it cleans the tire and rim very clean

i use black magic or meguiars on my tire shine.. i work next to a car wash that carries it so its a easy pick up for me

08 PMM 6-6

Progress Rsb
Eibach Springs
RV6 Jpipe
Magnaflow full cbe
Underdrive pulley
Led interior & HIDs
Port & Polished Intake manifold and Runners
DC Sports CAI
post #7 of 11 Old 03-13-2012, 06:50 PM
Retired from Car Biz....

the BF tire cleaner actually works well and keeps the tire looking showroom stock. Not glossy but like new. I use it about every 5th time I put on the stoners to clear it all off and start fresh...

My DD:'16 Camaro
post #8 of 11 Old 03-17-2012, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Ordered the PERL which should arrive this week. Did some research on the product on other sites and I'm pretty pumped. Once this pollen clams down I'm going to do a full detail so I'll snap pictures and post them.

Appreciate the suggestion and assistance....probably saved me some $$$ judging by the number of products I have to buy/try before I find the right thing.
post #9 of 11 Old 03-17-2012, 07:02 AM
02-SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickstradamus View Post
Ordered the PERL which should arrive this week. Did some research on the product on other sites and I'm pretty pumped. Once this pollen clams down I'm going to do a full detail so I'll snap pictures and post them.

Appreciate the suggestion and assistance....probably saved me some $$$ judging by the number of products I have to buy/try before I find the right thing.
You will love the perl. If applied right, it will last a while.
And here is another great review on it if you were still hesitant... haha

Past Car:

[/SIZE]
post #10 of 11 Old 04-14-2012, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Finally used the PERL and wow----FANTASTIC! This stuff is awesome and seems to hold up pretty well. I'll post after a few washes.

Of note....un-diluted on tires and 1:3 for external plastics worked perfect as the label said. I had to go back and hit the exterior plastics a few times to get it to build up right but that is only because I had not treated it since last year. Took the haze off and brought it back to stock. Again, more posts once I get a few washes in.

I'm considering using it on my interior and leather in place of the 303 Aerospace and Lexol which would take it down to one product diluted at different levels.

Anyone ever use it for interior? Here are a few pics.
Attached Images
post #11 of 11 Old 04-14-2012, 03:12 PM
02-SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickstradamus View Post
Finally used the PERL and wow----FANTASTIC! This stuff is awesome and seems to hold up pretty well. I'll post after a few washes.

Of note....un-diluted on tires and 1:3 for external plastics worked perfect as the label said. I had to go back and hit the exterior plastics a few times to get it to build up right but that is only because I had not treated it since last year. Took the haze off and brought it back to stock. Again, more posts once I get a few washes in.

I'm considering using it on my interior and leather in place of the 303 Aerospace and Lexol which would take it down to one product diluted at different levels.

Anyone ever use it for interior? Here are a few pics.
Go ahead and use it full strength on everything except the interior plastics. In Florida we have so much sun and heat, it helps to have something that protects as well as PERL. SO full strength it up!

Past Car:

[/SIZE]
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.