How do you combine Duragloss 105 and Collinite #845? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-13-2012, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

How do you combine Duragloss 105 and Collinite #845?

I am looking for step to use them at autogeek.com. However, I dont find the steps to combine Duragloss 105 and Collinite 845.
In addition, before I apply 105 and 845, should I apply Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion first?
Quote:
Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion will restore and preserve your car's original beauty. Paintwork Cleansing Lotion uses a combination of gloss-enhancing oils and micro-fine fillers to polish your car without abrasives. The VOC compliant formula is safe and gentle on all finishes. Simply wipe it on, allow a haze to form, and buff gently. Minor swirls and surface imperfections disappear like magic. Your car's finish will emerge bright and clean, ready for your favorite wax or protectant.

Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-14-2012, 06:28 AM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

A chemical cleaner like Pinnacle would work as would Duragloss #501, Klasse AIO, and many others. You'll not get maximum durability with Collinite on top of #105 as both need a squeaky clean surface to adhere to for longevity. Allow the #105 24 hours after wipe down before using the Collinite.

Duragloss #601 Polish Bonding Agent applied prior to #105, but not wiped off, will enhance the durability and allow it to cure quickly. By using #601 then #105 you only need wait three hours before the Collinite application. Personally I would use Duragloss or Collinite but not both as I see no advantage other than possibly a slightly warmer look from the Collinite wax. That, and I'm getting old and lazy

post #3 of 5 Old 01-14-2012, 07:52 AM

If you go the Duragloss route, I would wait 24 hours then apply some Aquawax. It's spray and wipe and will provide an additional coat of protection. The gloss after applying is best after 24 hours of cure time.

post #4 of 5 Old 01-14-2012, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thank you RTexasF, and SatinSilver so much. I always wash my car at self service. So I think it is hard to wait 3 hours or 24 hours before I apply the wax. I cannot stay at the self service for 3 hours so I can wax my car. I need to drive to my home. After I drive to my home, my car will get dirt on the paint, so I think I cannot not for 3 hours. If I have a garage, I will wash my car and park my car in my garage. So I can wait for 3 hours to apply the wax. So I think that I will use 1 wax only, that is Collinite
post #5 of 5 Old 01-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

Apply it so thin that you have to strain your eyes to see if there is any on the surface.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.