Exterior Plastic on 09 Accord EX-L Sedan - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-01-2017, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Exterior Plastic on 09 Accord EX-L Sedan

Since I've gotten a DA, I've been good about doing good semi-annual to tri-annual clay/seals to help protect the paint. I haven't gotten into polishing it yet. But I am satisfied with how the paint looks (I feel the grey is hiding a lot of sins).

But the plastic between the doors on the back of the front door and front of rear door is like 6 inches of deteriorating surface. I would like to restore it, but baring that I want to prevent it from further degradation. I have a coworker who has similar surfaces on his car; they look like shit.

My problem here, is I don't understand my problem enough to search for a solution. So I am fine if you want to just tell me to search for it, but please give me a few keywords to look for. It turns out that "ugly door plastic 2009 Accord" returns an unusable mess.

Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-01-2017, 06:34 PM
Uptown Rooter

Try B-pillar black paint in your search. I had the same on an 03 EXL coupe. Automotive paint is thinner than it used to be. I don't know what you can do to prevent further degrading. It's just lousy paint quality.

OEM fogs / 22mm Progress RSB / Ultra Racing FSB / Koni FSDs / Modulo grille / debadged trunk /

Previous cars: 2003 EXL V6 Accord Coupe
1995 Accord EX Sedan
1985 Mercedes 300 Turbodiesel
1989 Volvo S90 Turbo
post #3 of 3 Old 12-02-2017, 06:17 AM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

On my 2004 that was simply black tape. Any quick detailer brought it back to life temporarily. If the tape was removed the paint beneath it was the color of the rest of the car. It may be ebtirely different on a 2009.

How about some pictures of the area?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.