Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 57 Old 03-26-2010, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Old Bird...sometimes wise

Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax

Although it has wax in the name there is none within. It is a polymer sealant that you mist on, wipe in, and wipe off. This is to be done on a clean vehicle unlike quick detailers that mostly clean (light dust, fingerprints, etc.) and add a little shine. This is Meguiar's version of Dura Gloss Aquawax, another spray & wipe sealant.

I got a freebie on this so I gave it a go on my White Pearl RAV4. Using two microfiber towels I started by folding them both into quarters so as to have multiple clean surfaces. First you mist the towel you are going to apply it with. Mist that towel for the next several surfaces until it becomes slightly damp from wiping in the product.

After that mist some on the paint, wipe it in, then wipe it off with the other mf towel. It flashes almost immediately so wiping it off can be done directly after wiping it on. Simple, eh? Oh, works on wheels as well.

In all honesty I didn't have high hopes for an over the counter Meg's product but I was dead wrong! This is one hell of a nice sealant! The look, depth, and shine are indeed very very good. I used it on trim and mirrors with no staining at all and the same excellent results. The Pearl flake jumped out rather than being muted by the product as some do. Meguiar says it does have some fillers in it to hide minor marring so it is possible that using it constantly could mute flake but I don't know that. I've applied it twice one day apart and the pearl flake screams to be seen....need shades in the sun for sure.

Over the next day or so the finish gets slicker and slicker until it feels like running your finger along a silk scarf. The 'look' also deepens. I like it and I am impressed.

Retail price is about ten bucks a pop but so little is used (great mist sprayer) that one bottle will do an Accord multiple times. I'm guessing here but at least 6 times and perhaps as many as 12. Once the application towel is saturated you can just wipe it over headlights, mirrors, and the like without spraying at all.

I did see it on Amazon for $6.99 with free shipping for a $25 (or more) expenditure.

All in all it sure worked well for me, I recommend it without reservation.

PS To avoid any accusations I have no affiliation with Meguiar or any product vendor/manufacturer for that matter......... Just my 2¢ worth above.

Advertisement

post #2 of 57 Old 03-26-2010, 01:07 PM
6th Gear

I started using this early last year, and I just spray it on the car or truck after I wash it, and dry the whole car. I have got great results with it. I bought it to replace my Dura Gloss Aquawax one weekend when it ran out. I tipicly hate Megs quick detailers but from advice from others on my detail forum I tried it.

2008 Accord Coupe EX Silver
20% tint
Viper 5701 2-way Responder LE w/ remote start
Weathertech floor liners front & Back
OEM deck lid spoiler
Factory fogs added
Xenon depot 5k HIDs

RETURNED LEASE...Weathertech for sale.
New ride 2011 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost super crew
post #3 of 57 Old 03-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!

Thanks RTexasF. Will def' look into this Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax (sealant), as I have become preferential to the sealant's longevity/protection vs. wax's depth/"wetness" alone. . .

Could an actual wax be used to top this product, if so desired? All the vehicles in my stable are dark(er) colors, so wax tends to give a better appearance (to me) compared to sealants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08coupex View Post
I started using this early last year, and I just spray it on the car or truck after I wash it, and dry the whole car. I have got great results with it.
So, you just mist/spray it on a freshly washed, still wet vehicle., and then dry if off using MF/terry towels? I assume an absorber type synthetic chamois couldn't be used? Do you have to buff/rub-in lightly while drying the vehicle? I need to look into this, it'd save a good bit of time on some quick wash-&-wax sessions!

post #4 of 57 Old 03-26-2010, 01:32 PM
31.3 MPG!

I've been using it religiously ever since it came out. It smells good, is extremely easy to work with, gives great results, and it lasts for quite some time. It's also convenient because you apply it essentially the same way that you do any ordinary detailing spray.

Great stuff for sure.
post #5 of 57 Old 03-26-2010, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris_x11 View Post
Thanks RTexasF. Will def' look into this Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax (sealant), as I have become preferential to the sealant's longevity/protection vs. wax's depth/"wetness" alone. . .

Could an actual wax be used to top this product, if so desired? All the vehicles in my stable are dark(er) colors, so wax tends to give a better appearance (to me) compared to sealants.

So, you just mist/spray it on a freshly washed, still wet vehicle., and then dry if off using MF/terry towels? I assume an absorber type synthetic chamois couldn't be used? Do you have to buff/rub-in lightly while drying the vehicle? I need to look into this, it'd save a good bit of time on some quick wash-&-wax sessions!
I have not used it on a wet vehicle and it is not mentioned on Meguiar's forums (that I can find by searching) being used that way. With that in mind I cannot say if that is a correct application or not......my gut says no. A dry clean vehicle will yield the best results in my opinion considering my limited usage of the product & following instructions. Use microfiber towels to apply and remove. The absorber is strictly for removing water and is designed purely to absorb, not to spread a product such as this about the surface.
post #6 of 57 Old 03-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Gota love BLUE

dang owl you like to write alot appreciate it!!

2009 Accord V6 coupe EXL AT
Haves:
Full HFP Lip Kit
Vossens CV1 20x9 (F) 20x10.5 (R)
H&R Springs
20% Tint all around
2 12inch Memphis subs with powerreference amp
Type R speakers all around with Kicker 4 channel AMP
Magnaflow dual Exhaust (reasnator removed)
Custom Kenwood flip out at bottom installed (navi, bluetooth and dvd)
5% tinted front windows
HIDS
Takeda SRI
post #7 of 57 Old 03-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Gota love BLUE

BTW I use the quick wax too and I love it and its amazing

2009 Accord V6 coupe EXL AT
Haves:
Full HFP Lip Kit
Vossens CV1 20x9 (F) 20x10.5 (R)
H&R Springs
20% Tint all around
2 12inch Memphis subs with powerreference amp
Type R speakers all around with Kicker 4 channel AMP
Magnaflow dual Exhaust (reasnator removed)
Custom Kenwood flip out at bottom installed (navi, bluetooth and dvd)
5% tinted front windows
HIDS
Takeda SRI
post #8 of 57 Old 03-26-2010, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08coupex View Post
I started using this early last year, and I just spray it on the car or truck after I wash it, and dry the whole car. I have got great results with it. I bought it to replace my Dura Gloss Aquawax one weekend when it ran out. I tipicly hate Megs quick detailers but from advice from others on my detail forum I tried it.
I still think Aqua Wax is a better product and it is cheaper (per ounce) when purchased in the larger sizes available. For an over the counter product this is as good as it gets while keeping cost per ounce in mind. Out of your "regular" stuff? Go get this, you won't be disappointed.

From what 08coupe says this works on a clean & wet car. Try it on your own to see if you like it used in that fashion. I have not done so but it works for him so try it.
post #9 of 57 Old 03-26-2010, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogra2010 View Post
BTW I use the quick wax too and I love it and its amazing
Quik Wax and Ultimate Quik Wax are two different products.
post #10 of 57 Old 03-26-2010, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Could an actual wax be used to top this product, if so desired?
Yes, by all means but the next day. My preference would be Optimum spray wax 24 hours after the Meguiar's product was applied. The two will make a statement as to the look and also have some longevity but choose your own product.
post #11 of 57 Old 03-26-2010, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogra2010 View Post
dang owl you like to write alot appreciate it!!
Thank you. Yes I do like to write a lot when it has some purpose or impact. Sometimes I just like to slap people upside the head when they are being dorky! Not so this time though. Just a good over the counter product that I stumbled across by accident.
post #12 of 57 Old 03-26-2010, 04:29 PM
3.5L i-vtec VCM

so first wet paint and now ultimate quick wax? which one is better? or are they different?

2009 accord coupe,polished metal,v6,black leather
lexani lss-10 20"x8.5" offset 40
nitto nt-555 extreme zr 245/35/20
m3 roof lip/spoiler
recent cars:
94 honda civic coupe, manual, customized
81 toyota pickup,lol,junker but fun
84 monte carlo,purchased with 44,000 miles in 2003
post #13 of 57 Old 03-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Boosted Sedan

huh might have to give it a shot, I have the quick detailer product and have used that for years, doesn't last to long but it was nice when first applied especially after a wash which is recommended, has a nice smell too lol ...

Just wondering if this would help my scenario where the paint feels very rough, no silky smooth feel to it anymore, or would a trip to a good detail place be a better solution? I know price wise this is no comparison but just curious if this stuff would work well with my case to bring back at least some of the smoothness i am missing ...

2012 Midnight Black Hyundai Sonata 2.0T W/Navigation &
2011 Taffetta White Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (Wife's)

Vehicle History:
2009 Honda Accord Sedan I4 (Wife's first Honda)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
2006 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6MT W/Navigation
2000 VW GTI VR6
1994 Honda Accord Sedan I4
1989 Honda Accord Sedan I4
1988 Buick Park Ave V6 (First Car)
post #14 of 57 Old 03-26-2010, 05:05 PM
3.5L i-vtec VCM

well i have read the WHOLE wet paint thread, and have also read this one. whats the diff are they not both sealants?

2009 accord coupe,polished metal,v6,black leather
lexani lss-10 20"x8.5" offset 40
nitto nt-555 extreme zr 245/35/20
m3 roof lip/spoiler
recent cars:
94 honda civic coupe, manual, customized
81 toyota pickup,lol,junker but fun
84 monte carlo,purchased with 44,000 miles in 2003
post #15 of 57 Old 03-26-2010, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoCoupeV6 View Post
huh might have to give it a shot, I have the quick detailer product and have used that for years, doesn't last to long but it was nice when first applied especially after a wash which is recommended, has a nice smell too lol ...

Just wondering if this would help my scenario where the paint feels very rough, no silky smooth feel to it anymore, or would a trip to a good detail place be a better solution? I know price wise this is no comparison but just curious if this stuff would work well with my case to bring back at least some of the smoothness i am missing ...
Clay is the answer for the first step after a hand wash.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.