Zymol Royal Glaze WTF??? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 11-12-2008, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
That's what she said

Question Zymol Royal Glaze WTF???

Why is the Zymol royal glaze so expensive?

$8,416 for wax????

Does it make your car fly or become invisible with super powers?

My new car

2011 Subaru WRX Dark Gray Metallic

Takeda cold air intake

Traded in
08 Nighthawk Black LX-S 5M
15% tint all around
Retro-Solutions 6000K 35W

Don't use generic LED's
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to kopimon
wow, and I thought swissvax was expensive

Although that Zymol stuff is free lifetime refills

«
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
»

19" HFP Wheels ¤ Tein SS Coils ¤ Retro Solutions 55W 5000K low beam HID & 35W 3000K fog HID ¤ 3M clear bra ¤ 3M tints (50/50/35) ¤
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 Old 11-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!

I've used & w/ great satisfaction & awesome results. But, the whole process is rather involved (extensive surface prep' necessary prior to EVERY application) & then warming/applying/removing/buffing the wax/glaze, ugh'. . .

For show-cars and/or dark(er) paint-finishes, *genuine* Zymol waxes/glazes are second-to-none. Though, w/ modern-day clear-coat finishes, I'm not sure if their offerings are as relevant as in the past (non clear-coat paint-finishes). . .

* not the over-the-counter $15/bottle stuff which is actually made/marketed by Turtle Wax, a total different product!

The is $45k. . .

post #4 of 16 Old 11-12-2008, 11:50 AM
6th Gear

They use the Vintage Zymol(I think its called) on my truck forum $2000 with life time refills. One guy used it on his Altima and he stated it did a great job but he had to stack it. He did about 6-7 coats.

2008 Accord Coupe EX Silver
20% tint
Viper 5701 2-way Responder LE w/ remote start
Weathertech floor liners front & Back
OEM deck lid spoiler
Factory fogs added
Xenon depot 5k HIDs

RETURNED LEASE...Weathertech for sale.
New ride 2011 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost super crew
post #5 of 16 Old 11-12-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
That's what she said

Cool

I was wondering why Zymol didn't put the price of Solaris on their website.

I might get the Japon for the Accord and the TSX.

My new car

Takeda cold air intake

Traded in
15% tint all around

Don't use generic LED's
post #6 of 16 Old 11-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Swirl Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk4 View Post
I was wondering why Zymol didn't put the price of Solaris on their website.

I might get the Japon for the Accord and the TSX.
Last I checked Solaris is $30k and has yet to sell a single pot (imagine that)...

How much is Japon??

IMO I the lowest rank of Zymol I would get is Concourse (entry level estate glaze)... And while the look is good it can be matched by others, it is a PITA due to the oils in the wax (causes sweating issues)...

I would just get some new P21s 100% or dodo juice hard candy if you really have your heart set on a nuba.. Hell even Collinite 845 is a GREAT looker for a fraction of the cost and GREAT durability

Keep in mind that the slight unique nuances of the higher end nubas are ever so slight and 90% of the look of the paint comes from proper prep (swirl removal)... I bet a weeks pay you can give me two cars in identical shape, let me polish one with my rotary and use the cheapest over the counter wax and on the other simply wash and add a layer of Solaris... The properly polished car with "el cheapo" wax will look a zillion times better!
post #7 of 16 Old 11-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Old Bird...sometimes wise

I agree 1000%! I have the Collinite (thanks to Motor City) and the new P21S, both are exceptional. When you are flooded with money, something I can't imagine, the outrageously priced items must be better right? Fools exist everywhere be they rich or poor.
post #8 of 16 Old 11-12-2008, 06:08 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCity Honda View Post
Keep in mind that the slight unique nuances of the higher end nubas are ever so slight and 90% of the look of the paint comes from proper prep (swirl removal)... I bet a weeks pay you can give me two cars in identical shape, let me polish one with my rotary and use the cheapest over the counter wax and on the other simply wash and add a layer of Solaris... The properly polished car with "el cheapo" wax will look a zillion times better!
That last 10% can sometimes be huge, especially when it comes to muting or highlighting flakes. But, as said, the polishing/prep is much more important than the LSP, and that doesn't mean just putting lots of layers or different products on top of each other.

If you want proof, take a look at my last car with no LSP on it. This car was polished with Wolfgang TSR and FG, which is essentially Menzerna SIP and 106FA in smaller bottles, and has not had any other products applied.

post #9 of 16 Old 11-12-2008, 06:23 PM

That looks good but it's not a full sunlight shot which is the true test of the prep work. Anything will look good in the shadows. When you are getting into the super high end waxes I don't think that the last 10% is realistic. When you're into that kind of money it's the last 1 or 2% that count, if you can even see it. Most can't, many claim to.

I'm not knocking your work just saying that the sun bares all the flaws which will never show up in a shadow shot like the one presented. That's why, when working on a car for $$, you back it out under the sun MANY times to see the true flaws that will not appear any other way. I'm sure the twenty grand waxes are among the best but I wouldn't buy them if hit the lotto......a waste of money in my opinion.
post #10 of 16 Old 11-12-2008, 07:01 PM
3rd Gear

I completely agree. I do pretty much all my work under halogens in the garage and then pull it outside, assuming there's still daylight left. The halogens are pretty good at bringing out flaws and for photographing them, but the sun does bare all. I've done quite a few polishing jobs, but never for anyone but family and friends.

I typically don't take pictures because I am too dead set in finishing the job. The only real polish I took pictures of was this one

I still need to do a full correction on my Accord, but I've only had it for 3 weeks, 2 of which I worked 7 days and the other of which I was in Vegas for SEMA. It will probably have to wait until Christmas break, but it will get to my level of perfection someday.
post #11 of 16 Old 11-13-2008, 04:41 AM

One of these days I will get to SEMA, that would be paradise for me! Nice work on the autopia link. That came out far better than I would have thought using a PC.
post #12 of 16 Old 11-13-2008, 06:26 AM
On hiatus...

That turned out very good for a PC.

I couldn't find it in me to buy the Royal glaze by Zymol, no matter the income/savings I had. The $70 jar of Titanium I use does the job. Of course, there's no refills, but seriously, I've used it well over a dozen times and I still have 3/4 of the jar left. A little goes a long way with this stuff...

2011 Pilot EX-L AWD
2010 Corolla LE
2008 Goldwing Navi
post #13 of 16 Old 11-13-2008, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
That's what she said

Speak of Coincidence...

I was watching TopGear on BBC America last night and the main host was using Royal Glaze. He said that it cost over 6000 pounds and it was actually edible to some degree.

He started to eat some, and he said "it tastes like car polish".

It is the episode where the host Jeremy Clarkson drives a 70's Rolls Royce into a public pool.

My new car

Takeda cold air intake

Traded in
15% tint all around

Don't use generic LED's
post #14 of 16 Old 11-13-2008, 01:02 PM
On hiatus...

Isn't TopGear the show were they beat the piss out of an old Tacoma deisel? Flood it, crash it, jump it, race it, torch it?

2011 Pilot EX-L AWD
2010 Corolla LE
2008 Goldwing Navi
post #15 of 16 Old 11-13-2008, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
That's what she said

Hands down...it's the best motoring show on TV.

I love British humor.

My new car

Takeda cold air intake

Traded in
15% tint all around

Don't use generic LED's
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.