Proper torque pressure for lug nuts - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-21-2007, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
3rd Beer

Proper torque pressure for lug nuts

I just rotated my tires today.

I searched my OM and the forum and I could not find anywhere about what the correct pressure I should set my torque wrench for when tightening my lug nuts. I set it for 110 lbs. Is that too much/too little?

-mess

07 Accord LX AT sedan graphite pearl
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Rule Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to stevencrosbie
80lbs....110 is too much.

Located in the 7th Gen FAQ thread

7th Gen FAQ

post #3 of 8 Old 10-21-2007, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
3rd Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencrosbie View Post
80lbs....110 is too much.

Located in the 7th Gen FAQ thread

7th Gen FAQ
Thanks! Guess I'll have to loosen those up. I can't believe I didn't find it in the FAQ. I was looking everywhere for it before I posted.

Would it hurt for me to leave them where they are at for now and then just change the torque the next time I rotate them, or should I change the torque ASAP?

-mess

post #4 of 8 Old 10-22-2007, 05:37 AM
OCD

Also mentioned in the owners manual, along with other everyday torque numbers such as the oil drain plug.
Attached Images

10 Civic Type S GT 1.8L MT I4
05 Accord Coupe LX-SE MT I4 Gone..sniff sniff
post #5 of 8 Old 10-22-2007, 05:38 AM
Rule Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to stevencrosbie
You can leave them. You didn't over torque by that much. I imagine you will be just fine until next time.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencrosbie View Post
You can leave them. You didn't over torque by that much. I imagine you will be just fine until next time.
Better to have a bit to much, vs. seeing your wheel and tire roll by as you grind to a halt.

2008 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Pickup 4 cyl-5speed manual tranny
1991 BMW R100GS Purchased Feb. 1992
post #7 of 8 Old 10-22-2007, 08:03 AM
39.1 going on 40mpg!

I would retorque them before your rotors get warped prematurely. You don't even have to jack up the car as long as you do one lug at a time.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-22-2007, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
3rd Beer

Wow!

When I rotated the tires, I also checked the tire pressure. They were grossly under-inflated, of course. I put all four up to 32 lbs. and now it feels like my car doesn't have to work as hard because there is less drag. I can't wait to see my gas mileage on my next tank of gas.

-mess

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.