Honda Pilot Wheels on 7th Gen Accord Sedan? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 06-16-2009, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Go Bills!

Honda Pilot Wheels on 7th Gen Accord Sedan?

Hi guys,

Just wondering. I saw these wheels from Craigslist. It appears to be coming from 2006-2008 Honda Pilot EX.

Apparently the owners put 205/60 R16 tires on em (7th gen Accord's 16 inches size).

-Will they fit Honda Accord without any problem? Answer: YES
-What do you guys think? Do they looked good on Accord?

On Honda Pilot:

=== Update 6/21/2009 ===

So, I decided to pull the trigger and bought the rims!

I am very happy with the purchase. Not only I got them at a great price, the rims came with a set of Continental tires with almost brand new condition!

PICS:

Close-up:

The fit just fine with 7th gen Accord.

Let me know what you guys think.

"A Wise Man can see more from the bottom of a well than a Fool can see from the top of a mountain."

Current Ride:
2003 Accord LX Sedan

Previous Rides:
2003 Civic EX Sedan
2002 Civic EX Coupe
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 06-17-2009, 04:28 AM
O do u know the buffinman

Same size lug pattern, same offset, same center bore sure looks like they will fit. If you check the wheel chart it verifies that they will fit.Wheel offset chart

I1

post #3 of 23 Old 06-17-2009, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
Go Bills!

That chart helps a lot! Thanks a lot, Inspector1!!

I believe the wheels came from 2006-2008 Pilot.

"A Wise Man can see more from the bottom of a well than a Fool can see from the top of a mountain."

Current Ride:
2003 Accord LX Sedan

Previous Rides:
2003 Civic EX Sedan
2002 Civic EX Coupe

post #4 of 23 Old 06-17-2009, 05:30 AM
O do u know the buffinman

Quote:
Originally Posted by _karu_ View Post
That chart helps a lot! Thanks a lot, Inspector1!!

I believe the wheels came from 2006-2008 Pilot.

Your welcome.

They look like the wheels on my 08.

I1
post #5 of 23 Old 06-17-2009, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Go Bills!

hmm..it would be nice to know if there's anybody here who did this before.

I tried photoshopping it, however, it didn't look good at all. lol.

anybody with pics?

Current Ride:
2003 Accord LX Sedan

Previous Rides:
2003 Civic EX Sedan
2002 Civic EX Coupe
post #6 of 23 Old 06-17-2009, 11:42 AM
GEN7

Mabye! Many people that have odysseys have have used mdx, pilot, accord, tl rims on them and they looked good. Those tires seem like they were used on a different car.

It probably wouldn't look that bad. I thought you were lookin at the 03-05 pilot rims. Those would be hella ugly. haha
post #7 of 23 Old 06-17-2009, 01:35 PM
I <3 Honda

Send a message via AIM to starbai
it'll fit but why? paying for 16's?
post #8 of 23 Old 06-17-2009, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Go Bills!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deryzzle View Post
Mabye! Many people that have odysseys have have used mdx, pilot, accord, tl rims on them and they looked good. Those tires seem like they were used on a different car.

It probably wouldn't look that bad. I thought you were lookin at the 03-05 pilot rims. Those would be hella ugly. haha
Yup, from what it looks, it seems that the owner previously installed Honda Accord's 16" tires size (205/60 R16) on it. That's why it doesn't look bulky.

No, not 03-05 Pilot rims. I believe these came from 06-08 Pilot EX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
it'll fit but why? paying for 16's?
I've been looking all over the place for 03-07 Accord EX wheels. So far, nothing really promising. I saw a set of 4 of 2003 Accord EX Coupe rims, however, the tires are busted. Replacing tires alone (R16 or R17) could cost almost double of the price of the wheels. LOL.

These 16" Pilot wheels came with almost brand new set of tires (Continental) at a very good price. That's why I am considering on purchasing these Pilot wheels for my Accord LX.

okie dokie, looks like I am going to pick these rims tomorrow.

I'll post pics when it's done.

Current Ride:
2003 Accord LX Sedan

Previous Rides:
2003 Civic EX Sedan
2002 Civic EX Coupe
post #9 of 23 Old 06-21-2009, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Go Bills!

So, I decided to pull the trigger and bought the rims!

I am very happy with the purchase. Not only I got them at a great price, the rims came with a set of Continental tires with almost brand new condition!

PICS:
--> See first post <--

The fit just fine with 7th gen Accord.

Let me know what you guys think.

P.S. I can't change the thread's title.

Current Ride:
2003 Accord LX Sedan

Previous Rides:
2003 Civic EX Sedan
2002 Civic EX Coupe
post #10 of 23 Old 06-21-2009, 09:45 AM
I snapped my G string....

Send a message via Yahoo to Honda247 Send a message via Skype™ to Honda247
That looks really good. How much did you get them for?

2009 Civic EX TW
K&N Drop in Filter (33-2342)
Eibach SportLines (4.3140)
Apexcone Raptor V2 35W 5000K HIDs (9006)
Nokyas Hyper Yellow Stage1 2500k High/DRL (9005)
Nokyas Hyper Yellow Stage1 2500k Fogs (H11)
Painted Engine Cover

FRANCI5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11 of 23 Old 06-21-2009, 09:49 AM
4th Gear

Y the oem look better

post #12 of 23 Old 06-21-2009, 09:58 AM
3rd Gear

CONGRATS!!!! Glad you got a set. They look good and you are right about the year Pilot they came off of. Tires look great to. Now sell your steelies and hubcaps and recoup some of the money you spent on the new set!

2005 Graphite Pearl EX-L w/ Navigation, Gray Interior

post #13 of 23 Old 06-21-2009, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Go Bills!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda247 View Post
That looks really good. How much did you get them for?
Thanks! All four for $350 + 3 hours drive.

Current Ride:
2003 Accord LX Sedan

Previous Rides:
2003 Civic EX Sedan
2002 Civic EX Coupe
post #14 of 23 Old 06-21-2009, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Go Bills!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRAY View Post
Y the oem look better
Which OEM did you mean?

My OEM is the steel rims + hubcaps.

If you meant OEM Honda Accord, well, honestly that was my first preference. However, I could not find the right one at the right price.

There were several other options, however, they either come only wheels or with busted tires. Either case, it'll run a lot of money just to buy another set of tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricam78 View Post
CONGRATS!!!! Glad you got a set. They look good and you are right about the year Pilot they came off of. Tires look great to. Now sell your steelies and hubcaps and recoup some of the money you spent on the new set!
Thank you very much!! Your new set looks awesome as well!

Well, that was part of the plan. There is more to that.

A week ago I found out that my friend of mine who used to own a '98 Taurus left his set of winter tires on my GF's basement (trough her house mate).

Well, apparently he got no use of the anymore and decided to give the whole set to me. Luckily, the tires are of the same size as my car: 205/65/R15! Unfortunately with different steel wheels specification.

So, this morning I just got the winter tires installed on my Honda steelies. I am going to sell my old tires and the steel wheels separately!

Current Ride:
2003 Accord LX Sedan

Previous Rides:
2003 Civic EX Sedan
2002 Civic EX Coupe
post #15 of 23 Old 06-21-2009, 04:16 PM
3rd Gear

Gotta love when a plan comes together. Thanks for the compliment on my new set. After selling my OEM set locally for $300, I ended up being out of pocket $125 for the new wheels and also some brand new unmounted Falken ZE-512 tires (which the Honda dealer mounted, balanced and installed on my car for FREE!! Gotta love a good Honda dealer and an even better service rep). I feel like I get to get into a new car everyday now since it makes a world a difference on the way the car looks from the outside.

2005 Graphite Pearl EX-L w/ Navigation, Gray Interior

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.