Wheel Chirping/Squeaking - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
3Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 06-20-2015, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Wheel Chirping/Squeaking

Hello Everyone,

My left rear wheel is chirping when I drive. When I drive faster the chirping increases. When I put the car in drive and slowly (real slowly) move forward and then reverse I hear it turn into a squeak. I don't think it's the wheel bearing cause it's not like I hear it when I make a turn. I did get new tires a couple of weeks ago.
What could it be?

2003 Honda Accord EX-L. 153,000 miles.

Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-20-2015, 05:41 PM
5th Gear

Totally random you post this. I've been dealing with a squeak/chirping sound too. It started after I got new tires on my g35 tims. The shop was having trouble sealing one of the tires at the bead. Ended up going with bead sealer to get it to seal. The other day I noticed plastic looking label in between the rim and the tire. It was poking out past the rim just a little. I'm guessing they stuck something in there for some reason. It makes the sound only when the weight of the car is on that spot. It's only when the tire compresses at that exact spot. Long shot but maybe someone that has done tires can chime in and comment if that's something they do.

2012 Accord Coupe LX-S
4 banger/auto
Ap1 S2k retrofit, OrionV2 halos, Phillips 4300k
19" G35 Rays federal ss-595 225/35 and 235/35
Ksport Coilovers
Spc 3 arm Camber kit
TL ShAWD Front and Rear Sway bars 31mm/20mm
Brembo blanks/Akebono ProAct ceramics Front/Rear
Ex-l steering wheel
ExLED full interior 6000k
Nesa n-81acrs, JBL Ms-8,JL 300/4V2, JL 500/1V2, HAT Legatia l6 mids, Morel Mt-230, Custom sail panels, BA 12.5lf<Old school Sq goodness
post #3 of 16 Old 06-20-2015, 07:27 PM
Roll Tide!

Thanked 1,003 Times in 757 Posts
do you want to tell us the chirping and squeaking was present BEFORE you put on new tires OR do you want to wait until 15 people answer before you give us the details you should have included in your initial post?

2007 V6 AT Sedan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 Old 06-20-2015, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam View Post
do you want to tell us the chirping and squeaking was present BEFORE you put on new tires OR do you want to wait until 15 people answer before you give us the details you should have included in your initial post?
I got the car under a month ago and I didn't notice the chirping/squeaking before. I'm pretty sure it happened after the new tires. However, I don't think it was immediately after either. The thing is, I don't hear it unless the windows are down. Please continue to give me ideas. Thanks.
post #5 of 16 Old 06-20-2015, 09:27 PM
RacerRik

Did you check the torque on the lug nuts? If some are all of them are not tight, that could cause the squeak.

2001 Accord EX-L
2003 Odyssey EX
2008 Mazda6
post #6 of 16 Old 06-20-2015, 09:51 PM
Roll Tide!

Thanked 1,003 Times in 757 Posts
did they do anything else besides replace the tires? have you done anything else since having the tires put on.

jeez, it shouldn't be this hard. i'm out.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

post #7 of 16 Old 06-20-2015, 11:23 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
did they do anything else besides replace the tires? have you done anything else since having the tires put on.

Lol

I can only hear mine with the windows down too. Try driving along a wall at like 10-15 mph. The noise will increase in decibel as its bouncing off the wall back towards you. I'll post a pic and video tomorrow. If it's the same noise I have its certainly an odd one.

2012 Accord Coupe LX-S
4 banger/auto
Ksport Coilovers
Spc 3 arm Camber kit
Ex-l steering wheel
Nesa n-81acrs, JBL Ms-8,JL 300/4V2, JL 500/1V2, HAT Legatia l6 mids, Morel Mt-230, Custom sail panels, BA 12.5lf<Old school Sq goodness
post #8 of 16 Old 06-21-2015, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerRik View Post
Did you check the torque on the lug nuts? If some are all of them are not tight, that could cause the squeak.
No, I haven't checked. That's an idea.
However, i think because the tire guys used an impact wrench to tighten the nuts it would be, if anything, over tighten.
post #9 of 16 Old 06-21-2015, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:

They did balance the tire by placing those wheel balance weights.
Nothing else was done.

Bye, sorry you couldn't help more.
post #10 of 16 Old 06-21-2015, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

O.k. so I thought I'd get the tire above ground and spin it. I jacked it up on one side and spun it. No sound. O.k. so I thought that confirmed that its the tire. So I stopped by the tire shop and he actually jacked it up from the back middle of the car. Then he spun the tire and it made noise. So, it's not the tire. Looks more like it's the brake hitting a particular spot when it rotates. I'll take it to my mechanic next week so he can look at it closer. It's weird cause I had another mechanic check out the whole car and he didn't find this problem. Anyway, I'll follow up here if anyone cares.
post #11 of 16 Old 06-21-2015, 03:01 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganSan View Post
O.k. so I thought I'd get the tire above ground and spin it. I jacked it up on one side and spun it. No sound. O.k. so I thought that confirmed that its the tire. So I stopped by the tire shop and he actually jacked it up from the back middle of the car. Then he spun the tire and it made noise. So, it's not the tire. Looks more like it's the brake hitting a particular spot when it rotates. I'll take it to my mechanic next week so he can look at it closer. It's weird cause I had another mechanic check out the whole car and he didn't find this problem. Anyway, I'll follow up here if anyone cares.
Well sounds like you are on the right track. I did the same thing and got the wheel off the ground and no noise. Sounds like yours is different but thought I would post a picture anyway. I've got no idea what that is in there but I've been reluctant to have them pull the tire off and take it out because its gonna be a mess with all that bead sealer in there.

2012 Accord Coupe LX-S
4 banger/auto
Ksport Coilovers
Spc 3 arm Camber kit
Ex-l steering wheel
post #12 of 16 Old 06-27-2015, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Just to follow up. It happened to be the wheel bearing after all. Wheel bearing and hub were replaced.
jimijam and salcuta like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to LoganSan For This Useful Post:
Miker (06-27-2015)
post #13 of 16 Old 06-29-2015, 06:35 AM
Don't drink and drive

Garage
i was gonna say hub..
post #14 of 16 Old 06-29-2015, 09:30 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganSan View Post
However, i think because the tire guys used an impact wrench to tighten the nuts it would be, if anything, over tighten.

Just to follow up. It happened to be the wheel bearing after all. Wheel bearing and hub were replaced.
Could be related to one another. I am so done with tire shops that tighten to 120lbs.

2006 EX-L Coupe 2.4L 5MT 162,500
Sapphire Blue Pearl w/Ivory Leather

夢のパワー
post #15 of 16 Old 06-29-2015, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBlueEX View Post
Could be related to one another. I am so done with tire shops that tighten to 120lbs.
I thought the same and just redid all my wheels to 80lbs. Also, it'll be easier to take off the wheel if I were to ever get a flat.

SapphireBlueEX likes this.
Advertisement

Tags
wheel bearing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.