painting hubcaps? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-06-2014, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

painting hubcaps?

The plastic hubcaps on my 2003 Accord are looking like Cxxp! The original chrome/silver coating is peeling off. I looked at new OEM replacements and they are $40+ apiece! So, I was thinking of just buying spray paint and painting them myself.
Any advice?

Rob

Rob in NH
2003 i4/auto 4Dr Sedan
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Roll Tide!

Thanked 1,003 Times in 757 Posts
I had a 98 civic about 10 years ago that I treated to a diy painting of the hubcaps. I sanded/feathered the rough edges, put down a coat of duplicolor primer, four light coats of duplicolor wheel paint, and topped it with 2 coats of duplicolor clear. All rattle-cans that I picked up at Walmart. Turned out great.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-06-2014, 02:25 PM
mobiless2

The key to a great turn out is in the sanding. Start out around 500 grit and work your way to 1000 grit, then apply light coats.

2009 ASM EX I-4 Auto 4DR: Weapon-R I Throttle/TL FSB RSB/Morimoto H1/Fogs/K40/Viper 5704/exLED 146K

2015 HM SPORT I-4 CVT 4DR: TL RSB, exLED, OEM Tweeters-LED Mirrors-LED Tail Lights, Coutesy Lights, Ambient Light Kit, 4G TL Retrofit w/TSX-R Lens, RV6 PCD, Bridgestone Potenza S-04 36K

2016 ABP Civic EX-T CVT 4DR
exLED

post #4 of 4 Old 04-06-2014, 07:52 PM
6th Gear

Yep, as said, sanding is the key. Just make sure you don't paint it black or something, otherwise it'll look too ricey IMO.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.