Drive Accord Honda Forums - View Single Post - Did Honda really make odometer fraud that easy? | radio-pro.ru
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 09-17-2013, 09:05 PM
fastball
Honda Nation

When the Accord Crosstour first came out, I was interested in buying the Crosstour's instrument cluster. It has a classier finish than the Accords, better font and dials, but still is the same box and electronics as the regular Accord. I decided against it when I realized $350.00 just wasn't worth wasting for nicer looking gauges lol!

While I was in the process of investigating the possibility of putting this gauge cluster into my car with already at the time around 25,000 miles, I had asked a dealer how that works when replacing a gauge cluster. He said the true mileage is stored in the ECU, and has to be programmed to the new cluster when a new cluster is installed.

Based on that I would think it would be expensive for any used car dealer NOT under the umbrella of a new car Honda dealer to farce up the mileage. But if it can be done with some simple steps found on youtube that's scary. I mean, I know on the internet there are how to videos on everything including building illegal weapon and making illicit drugs. But I just can't fathom how Honda engineers would make it so easy to fandangle the odometer. That should have gone the way of the do-do bird the second digital odometers and ECMs were engineered into cars.

May 2009 - Present: 2009 Accord V6 6 MT coupe w/o nav, Alabaster Silver

Dec. 1999 - May 2010: 2000 Prelude 5 MT, sold with 220,000 miles and still running great - gone, but not forgotten
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to

Related pages

2007 honda crv vsa and check engine lightstagger rimsvossen vvs 0757443 bulb sockethonda valet key1998 honda civic motor mountsacura tl bc coilovers2001 honda accord v6 horsepowercold air intake superchargerbest tires for 2006 acura tlweathertech pricesclassicsofttrimb1 service honda crvalpine type r 12d4innova scan tool 3130avs chrome bug deflectorac owners club forum2008 honda accord lx-p sedanhow to unlock honda radio without codewhere do you measure tire tread depthtransmission drain funnelsuntek carbon window film reviewcostco windshield washer fluidhow much does it cost to fix a small dent3m lens restorationhonda accord euro manual2003 lincoln aviator problemssunroof deflector purpose2001 honda crv transmission problemschanging the ignition lock cylindercar shuddering while drivinghonda accord stereo wiring diagram2003 honda accord v6 gas mileageslammed sedanfumoto f106nfirestone road hazard protectiontint shops in rochester nygrom usb adapterwhat does jdm stand for carsrebuilding calipers2008 honda accord coolant changeacura tl 2004 aux inputhonda atf z1 fluidwhy does my power steering pump whinewhat is the difference between hid and ledagc bellefontaineaftermarket rear window defrosterngk vs densowindshield wiper blade insertsidatalink compustarfix sagging headlinerhonda odyssey b1 service costmaven shift knobturtle wax black tire coatchip keys at walmartmorimoto hid ballastfront axle seal leak repair costpolk db651s2002 honda crv towing capacitybrakes screechnissan rims and tiresduralast rotorswhy is my keyless remote not workingcivic bumper coverhonda locking lug nutsnapa 0w20starter 95 honda accordrz rimshonda goudy alhambra2006 honda accord hybrid reviewhonda accord wheel offsethonda accord 2009 transmission fluid changecivic headlight removalhow to change a timing belt on a honda accord2001 cavalier tire size