Best brand rotors and brake pads? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.60 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-10-2012, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
My First Post

Best brand rotors and brake pads?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and know little about the brakes and rotors on the Honda Accord 2008 coup.

I need to replace the rotors and the brake pads. I was thinking I could buy them on Ebay or somewhere who has a good deal.

Can anyone recommend the best rotors and brake pads to get.

Silly question... I assume I need rotors for front and back.

I plan on buying them and then having my local shop install them everything.

Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-10-2012, 06:58 AM
TVI
1st Gear

You might want to give Centric brakes a look. You can get them fairly cheap from Rockauto. Centric is the parent company of Stoptech, but have been doing R&D work together even before that. The Centric premium rotors are made from the same material as the Stoptech sport rotors.

post #4 of 8 Old 04-10-2012, 08:53 AM

post #5 of 8 Old 04-10-2012, 08:55 AM
banned

Autozone duralast gold cmax are good pads.
EBC is also a reputable company.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Wrench Turner

If you're looking for stock rotors and pads with long life, Autozone (Duralast Cmax Ceramic or Duramax Gold - both lifetime) or Bosch (Quietcast, or Quietcast Ceramic) are good choices, and relatively easy to find locally. Stock Centric (plain vented) rotors are all I put on cars that I work on, and have yet to see one warp unless you're an extremely aggresive driver. Which in that case, stick with something thats cross-drilled and/or slotted (Centric - Stoptech Sportstop, or Centic Powerslot). As a mechanic, I hate comebacks, and problems with customers cars. I like, and use Centric myself (especially on aggressive driving customers cars), but there are many companies out there with excellent products like EBC, Brembo, and Hawk. It all depends on what you want to spend. Bang for the buck, get OEM Centic rotors, and Autozone Cmax lifetime pads. Typically you'll see a 3-4 year lifespan with the pads. Rotors, if you don't warp them, around 2 pad changes (6-8 years).
If you look on buybrakes.com, it shows a lot of different braking systems for cars, and it'll give you a lot of ideas, for free. Shop around, there are tons of good deals on the internet.
I just picked up Centric SportStop drilled and slotted rotors, Centric Posi-Quiet (Ceramic) pads, and SportStop braided brake hoses, for my '08 Coupe, and will be installing them this weekend. They're not cheap, but then again, I'm not the easiest driver on my brakes.....

Roger
'08 Accord EX-L Coupe I-4

Last edited by porwal22; 04-12-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Spelling error
post #7 of 8 Old 04-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Stanced 8thGen Accord

+1.

10' V6 Coupe BBP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 8 Old 04-12-2012, 02:01 PM
4th Gear

After Honda told me that I needed to have the rear rotors cut a second time, I bought plain Centric rotors from tirerack.com and the updated Honda pads from bernardiparts.com and took them to a local mechanic; both parts were a reasonable price. It cost me just a little more than what I received from the Honda brake class action lawsuit, but at least I have full thickness rotors from a different supplier and hopefully they will hold up for a longer time (Too early to tell).

The front rotors were cut once, and I received the updated pads all for free as part of the Technical Service Bulletin, but now that I am out of warranty, the next time any work needs to be done it is only aftermarket parts for me.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.