Bendix Brake Rotors - Any good? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-21-2011, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Bendix Brake Rotors - Any good?

Checked in a autoparts store near my office and they offer Bendix front rotors $20 each. Are they any good? I haven't heard of that brand before.

Thanks,
R.R

2008 Accord Sedan LX-P
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-21-2011, 08:38 PM

I've used the $20 rotors before but I'm not sure what brand they were. My only complaint was that the hub part of them weren't painted like the OEM ones so they had the ugly rust on them.

I think they lasted 2 years before any warping and at that point I bought another set since that was cheaper than getting them turned.

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #3 of 5 Old 11-22-2011, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6 View Post
I've used the $20 rotors before but I'm not sure what brand they were. My only complaint was that the hub part of them weren't painted like the OEM ones so they had the ugly rust on them.

I think they lasted 2 years before any warping and at that point I bought another set since that was cheaper than getting them turned.
Yes painted hubs are a plus.

I'm just curious if this is a great deal or just more of cheap junk out there. Was checking on rockauto.com and these classify on the "Economy" (aka Junk?)

Thanks,
RR

2008 Accord Sedan LX-P

post #4 of 5 Old 11-22-2011, 07:07 AM
02-SE

I have them on my car and got them where I work for $13 a piece. They are good so far, they have been on for about a year. Yes they are not painted, but you could paint them yourself if you wanted... But so far so good. i matched them with the best ceramic pads that Bendix sells. So ya...

2002 Honda Accord SE Coupe 2.3 I-4 VTEC (DD)
Taffeta White 134,xxx Miles
1992 Lexus SC400 83,xxx miles *My Toy*

Past Car:
1996 Honda accord coupe LX! 106,xxx miles
*Totaled as of 3-31-10 Dumb People!*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/SIZE]
post #5 of 5 Old 11-22-2011, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96accordcoupe View Post
I have them on my car and got them where I work for $13 a piece. They are good so far, they have been on for about a year. Yes they are not painted, but you could paint them yourself if you wanted... But so far so good. i matched them with the best ceramic pads that Bendix sells. So ya...
Ha! Was considering painting the hubs myself too!
I was more concern about the life, quality, etc... thanks for sharing your experience!
Planning to buy Thermo Quiet pads, they are $50 in Advanced Auto Parts and there are a lot of coupons for them so you can end up paying $3x - $4x for these pads and I believe they have life time warranty.

Thanks!
RR

2008 Accord Sedan LX-P
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.