Rims on the exl v6 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-16-2018, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Rims on the exl v6

Hey. I totalled my car recently, and the insurance is letting us take the wheels and tires off if we find a replacement for them. I found a set of Oem Ford ranger wheels that are 15" with the 5x114.3 pattern. The car does not have to function with these tires, it just must have tires and wheels on. The size of the tires are 235/75/15. My question is, will these fit inside the wheel well? Stock height. It doesn't have to look good or function, they must him just be on the car. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-16-2018, 08:19 AM
Out of Control

Very good chance the answer is no. I think 16” wheels are the smallest that will fit over the front brakes. For wheels to fit correctly, there are five variables to manage:

1. Wheel size
2. Bolt pattern
3. Bolt spacing
4. Hub center
5. Offset

The 5 X 114.3 mm bolt pattern satisfies 2 out 5 conditions. I don’t know about the other 3. Odds are very low that the wheel will fit. As for the 235/75-15 tires, they are 10% larger than stock…about 2.25” taller. I would not be comfortable with that.

2012 Accord Coupe EX-L w/Nav, V6-6MT
2007 Accord Sedan EX-L w/Nav, V6-6MT (sold)
post #3 of 3 Old 01-18-2018, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Update!

So, I ended up buying 15" Ford Ranger wheels on Facebook for $75. Had them put on for the cost of an hour of work. All in all, Got four great condition 18" Honda wheels with almost brand new Nokian WRG3 tires for about $150. Not bad, if I do say so myself. They do rub on the calipers, but it is only going up on a flatbed, so insurance accepted that.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.