wheel spacer lug nuts and OEM studs hit wheels - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
  • 1 Post By TopSniper69
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 06-16-2016, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

wheel spacer lug nuts and OEM studs hit wheels

my 2010 V6 sedan has 20 mm bolt on spacers on the rear with OEM 7 spoke 17x7.5 55 wheels. The spacer nuts and lug studs stick out a little past the face of the spacer but there are pockets between the wheel lug holes that they fit into

today i put on a set of 2013 up, same size. OEM wheels and they hit the spacer nuts and lugs. the wheels have pockets but not as large as the older set of wheels

any ideas how to get more clearance?

thanks

Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-16-2016, 07:41 PM
6th Gear

Garage
Shave down the studs on the spacers.

-Ricardo-
2006 Honda Accord EX Coupe w/o Navi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.0L V6 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Front & Rear OEM HFP Lips
Acura RL Advics BBK Upgrade
Acura TL-S Front & Rear Sway bars
Megan EZ Racing Coilovers
18x10 STR609 Wheels Squared
Megan Adjustable Upper Camber Arms
NRG Rear Engine Torque Dampener
JDM Honda Inspire Headlights
115,000 Miles - They grow up so fast :(
Alabaster Silver Metallic
post #3 of 15 Old 06-16-2016, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

studs on spacers aren't the problem
its the car studs and the spacer lug nuts

but thanks

post #4 of 15 Old 06-17-2016, 05:47 AM
5th Gear

You could shave your factory studs down, drill the holes in the rims deeper while risking structural integrity, get wider wheel spacers, or get another set of rims. Those are your options.
yhsswimmer likes this.
post #5 of 15 Old 06-17-2016, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

thanks
is there a list of OEM wheels that have pockets large enough for the OEM studs w 20 mm spacers like my 2010 7 spokes do?
or am OEM wheel or two that people have used with 20 mm spacers that worked
post #6 of 15 Old 06-17-2016, 08:12 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny g View Post
thanks
is there a list of OEM wheels that have pockets large enough for the OEM studs w 20 mm spacers like my 2010 7 spokes do?
or am OEM wheel or two that people have used with 20 mm spacers that worked
Not that I know of but google away bro. Also 25mm spacers wouldn't hurt in the front and you can run even higher ones in the rear, like 35mm with out any issues with rubbing or poke.
post #7 of 15 Old 06-17-2016, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

thanks

i felt that the 20 mm rear was just right for my likes
i read about 20 front and 25 to 38 rear but don't think that is the look i want

i may end up trying a die grinder to enlarge the wheel pockets a bit or get use to the OEM spacerless look
post #8 of 15 Old 06-18-2016, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

how about longer studs and spacers?

what if i used regular 20 mm wheel spacers with longer wheel studs?
has anyone used this and if so where did u source the studs?

thanks
post #9 of 15 Old 06-18-2016, 08:02 PM
pessimistic optimist

Replacing studs is a PITA, when i did the rears on my 08 Fit, i got the studs from Jegs.

2008 EX sedan 2.4l, 3 pedals Killed by a dump truck 12-13-2017
Mods: Weapon R I Throttle, OE style lip spoiler, painted calipers, K&N drop in w/ resonator delete, Redline shift boot & armrest cover, Crosstour cluster, JDM style visors, retrofit headlights (morimoto h1 7.0) TL RSB well worth the wait
J2 CBE, DIY 9th gen short shifter, 15mm spacers (rear) 35% tint
post #10 of 15 Old 06-19-2016, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

what made it so hard?
do they hammer out with hub still on car and new ones fit in and pull with lug nuts
or is there more to it on these cars

thanks
post #11 of 15 Old 06-20-2016, 06:31 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
what made it so hard?
do they hammer out with hub still on car and new ones fit in and pull with lug nuts
or is there more to it on these cars

thanks
The back studs are a pain but doable. You basically just take off the wheel/rotor, hammer them out and then you have to force them back through. I used an old lug nut with a crazy amount of anti seize on the stud, something to use as a spacer like an over sized nut, and an impact.

The front you will run into problems because there is a lot more that will get in the way because its a front wheel drive car. Mine got rusty from using open ended lug nuts and it would have been difficult enough to do the front that I opted to just clean them up and leave them because they weren't that bad.

I also believe that the hub-centric bolt on spacers are a lot stronger than adding longer studs.

2012 Accord Coupe V6 Ex-L

19" HFP Wheels | Yokohama S-Drive Tires
Neon Green OEM Calipers | StopTech Drilled Rotors
H&R Trak+ DRM Wheel Spacers (20mm front, 25mm rear)
Magnaflow CBE | K&N SRI | 19mm Acura TL RSB
HFP Lip Kit | Debadged Trunk | 25% Tints | Tinted Tail Lights
5500K HID's | LED High Beams / DRL | LED Fogs | Full LED Interior Swap
Pioneer Champion Series 10" Sub | Pioneer Champion Series Amp 2400 Watt
post #12 of 15 Old 06-20-2016, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

thanks for the information

ill have to do more research before decide to grind wheel pockets or do longer studs
post #13 of 15 Old 06-21-2016, 02:37 PM
pessimistic optimist

What yhssswimmer said is 100% correct. I used my shop press to squeeze the old studs out and used the old double nut trick to pull the new ones into the hub, which was splined on the Fit so it was hard to screw it up. The fronts, on the other hand. Suffice it to say, i will not be doing that job again, EVER. The bolt on spacers are an absolute no brainer. Unless of course, your wheels dont work wth those lol

2008 EX sedan 2.4l, 3 pedals Killed by a dump truck 12-13-2017
Mods: Weapon R I Throttle, OE style lip spoiler, painted calipers, K&N drop in w/ resonator delete, Redline shift boot & armrest cover, Crosstour cluster, JDM style visors, retrofit headlights (morimoto h1 7.0) TL RSB well worth the wait
J2 CBE, DIY 9th gen short shifter, 15mm spacers (rear) 35% tint
post #14 of 15 Old 06-21-2016, 05:53 PM
4th Gear

Why not just use a 25mm spacer instead? That will solve your problem and you won't have to ruin your front studs by grinding them down. If you are planning on grinding out the back of the wheels take it to a machine shop and have it done right.
post #15 of 15 Old 06-22-2016, 01:23 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
thanks

i felt that the 20 mm rear was just right for my likes
i read about 20 front and 25 to 38 rear but don't think that is the look i want

i may end up trying a die grinder to enlarge the wheel pockets a bit or get use to the OEM spacerless look
We're talking 5mm difference, think about that for a sec. That's not even 1/4 inch. You probably won't even see the difference but it may be just enough to fit in the new wheel pockets. The rears are WAY more tucked than the front so an extra 10-15mm which is like alil less than 1/2 and inch to alil over 1/2 an inch.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.