Need advice on tires, rolling/pulling fenders - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-08-2015, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Need advice on tires, rolling/pulling fenders

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. I need your help and advice on wheels and tires on my 2010 Accord Coupe. I purchased a set of Varrstoen ES2 wheels: 19x9.5 front, 19x10.5 rear. Same brand in the pic below. I would like to get 265 (or 275) 40/19 tires for the rear and 245/40/19 for the front. I DO NOT want to stretch tires, nor do I want to camber. This is an every day drive car so I don't want to burn through tires every few months. I do want to lower the car with coilovers about an inch to 1-1/2" depending on how the wheels and tires occupy that wheel well space. I will have a shop roll and pull the fenders on Monday. The photo is the look I am trying to achieve. I apologize for "borrowing" this person's pic but if I can get close to this same setup I will be happy. From the angle I cannot tell if this car is cambered. The tires appear to be 40's but I'm not sure.

I know that what I want is pretty aggressive, but could I fit the above tires without cambering or stretching tires or rubbing issues? Would the rolling and slight pulling (flaring of the fender) solve any rubbing problems? Please advise. I've found that different shops give different answers and/or opinions. I hope to get a straight and honest answer from the people who've done what I'm asking if that's possible. I appreciate your input. Thanks in advance!

Attached Images
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-08-2015, 11:49 PM
Car so nice, bought twice

That pic looks like the dude would have to either have a rock hard suspension or he's going to destroy his tires / fenders. They're not even contained in the fender well completely.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old 10-09-2015, 12:07 AM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to CharlieHustle Send a message via Yahoo to CharlieHustle
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio2562 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. I need your help and advice on wheels and tires on my 2010 Accord Coupe. I purchased a set of Varrstoen ES2 wheels: 19x9.5 front, 19x10.5 rear. Same brand in the pic below. I would like to get 265 (or 275) 40/19 tires for the rear and 245/40/19 for the front. I DO NOT want to stretch tires, nor do I want to camber. This is an every day drive car so I don't want to burn through tires every few months. I do want to lower the car with coilovers about an inch to 1-1/2" depending on how the wheels and tires occupy that wheel well space. I will have a shop roll and pull the fenders on Monday. The photo is the look I am trying to achieve. I apologize for "borrowing" this person's pic but if I can get close to this same setup I will be happy. From the angle I cannot tell if this car is cambered. The tires appear to be 40's but I'm not sure.

I know that what I want is pretty aggressive, but could I fit the above tires without cambering or stretching tires or rubbing issues? Would the rolling and slight pulling (flaring of the fender) solve any rubbing problems? Please advise. I've found that different shops give different answers and/or opinions. I hope to get a straight and honest answer from the people who've done what I'm asking if that's possible. I appreciate your input. Thanks in advance!
Yeah, the Accord in the above picture doesn't look very thought out. The tire profile is too tall for the look he was trying to achieve. No way those are 40 series tires. I'd imagine them to be 45's. I'm pretty sure if he drives daily with that setup, he's scrubbing the edges of his tires off.

Rolling your fenders will help with rubbing over daily roads, but you will more than likely rub making a u-turn or trying to make a sharp turn into a parking spot. You're going to buy tires more often since you cant rotate a staggered setup. Pray that you find a decent alignment shop that can correctly set your car straight with how your car sits. You cant have an aggressive fitment and have it be worry free at the same time.

post #4 of 6 Old 10-09-2015, 02:56 AM
Running NYC

Yea that is a pretty aggressive fitment, he seriously must have a very stiff suspension..either way you will still eat up those tires and fenders without some camber! so for the aggressive fitment you are looking for camber is your friend..then again that will also eat up your tires so just prepare to buy tires often main reason why i didn't go with a staggered set up.

2008 Accord Sedan V6
Satin Red Full dip Morimoto h1 quad retrofit(HIDILLUSIONZ)
4300k low 3000k fogs
Demon eye projector mod
JDM Badges Front/Back
Acura TL-SHAWD IM cover
Debadged
28% tint all around
Switchblade Key
Takeda SRI/Magnaflow Cat-Back
Megan racing test pipe
Hawk 5.0 pads
Stoptech drilled/slotted rotors
Led signal upgrades
19x8.5 TSW Rotary forged Interlagos
Adaptec 15mm custom spacers on rear
Tein Basis coils 2" drop
19MM Acura TL rear sway bar
post #5 of 6 Old 10-14-2015, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Hi Guys, thanks for your replies so far. I did go to a shop and got my fenders rolled. The guy did a great job. The above post was written before I did the rolling. He examined my fender wells and said I could get probably away with a 40 aspect ratio/sidewall. I just ordered BC coilovers. We tried the front and rear wheels on the car to see how it would look. The front wheel sticks out just a tad, the rear about an inch past the fender. The shop owner said that once I get the tires in and mounted, he'd be able to pull the fender out a bit to a point where it won't ruin the sight lines of the fender; just enough so it won't hit the fender on bumps. I plan on ordering the above tires. I'm comfortable with the fender rolling that at least the tires won't get cut. I know I'm taking a chance with what I'm trying to do but like I said, if I can at least get close to this guy's setup, I'll be happy. Any more feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Eazy, the 1st set of wheels (same brand)that I ordered were 19x9.5 +22 all the way around, with 245/35/19 tires. The wheels weren't "concave" looking enough for me and I didn't like the machined finish so I re-ordered the above wheels. I went staggered, but I'm not gonna camber or stretch. I felt that my rear tires would last a lot longer than the fronts obviously because they don't spin as much. So is my assumption that once it comes time to buy tires again, I'd only have to purchase 2 front tires wrong if I don't stretch or camber the rears?

Last edited by namegoeshere; 10-14-2015 at 02:37 PM.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-14-2015, 02:51 PM
4th Gear

Send a message via AIM to CharlieHustle Send a message via Yahoo to CharlieHustle
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio2562
I went staggered, but I'm not gonna camber or stretch. I felt that my rear tires would last a lot longer than the fronts obviously because they don't spin as much. So is my assumption that once it comes time to buy tires again, I'd only have to purchase 2 front tires wrong if I don't stretch or camber the rears?
You could just get your wheels aligned correctly and not have to worry about prematurely wearing out your front tires. Unless you're planning on doing burnouts regularly, I cant see why your front tires would wear out quicker than your rears.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.