Callahan Rotors? Any other suggestions? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-21-2014, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Callahan Rotors? Any other suggestions?

Guys, so I'm finally ready to replace my crappy stock rotors that I said I was going to replace a long time ago. I was simply too busy and... yeah, too cheap to worry about my brakes a while ago. Now, for the pads I have already bought the Akebono ceramic pads, so I have shifted my focus to the rotors. I have come across this brand called Callahan on ebay that seems to be of decent quality (judging by seller's feedback), but I have not heard of this prior to my search, on this forum or anywhere else. Can someone share any experience or shed some light on the quality, performance and longevity about these rotors if you know anything about them at all?

Now, what I'm looking for on my rotors:

1) Performance - looking to get smoother braking feel and better bite with a shorter braking distance (I HATE the brake judders I ALWAYS get from OEM rotors at certain mph and also longer than ideal stopping distance)

2) Longevity / durability - I would like my next set of brakes to last at least for the next 40~50k miles. I'm not looking forward to replacing brakes every 1-2 years.

3) Quietness - of course I would prefer the brakes to be as quiet as possible, but as long as the noise level is acceptable I can deal with it. No squeal.

So, based on what I'm looking for what do you think about these rotors? Am I asking too much for the price they are selling them?

The other choice I'm looking at is the EBC Ultimatimax slotted rotors, which are quite a bit more costly but seem to be of higher quality. Anyone ever used these before? What do you think about them?

Any other suggestion is welcome!

Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-22-2014, 01:08 AM

Didn't know Callahan was still around. I thought Zalinsky Auto bought them out.

You shouldn't have any problems with the Callahan rotors. They've guaranteed every part since 1925.

post #3 of 10 Old 06-22-2014, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by namegoeshere View Post
Didn't know Callahan was still around. I thought Zalinsky Auto bought them out.

You shouldn't have any problems with the Callahan rotors. They've guaranteed every part since 1925.
Great! Thanks.

Now I'm down to this and the EBC brakes. Any comments on EBC brakes? Anyone?

post #4 of 10 Old 06-22-2014, 11:18 PM
3rd Gear

09 EXL sedan V6 navi
- Crosstour leather shift knob
- LED inside kit and lic. plate lights
- K&N intake
- Wing King lip spoiler
- OEM muflaps (yeah, I guess you could say my build is getting serious)
-Power Stop K2292 slotted front brake kit
-Nokya hyper yellow DRLs
-CREE LED 60w fog light bulbs
-CREE LED 50w head light bulbs - haters be hatin'
- 2014 EXL wheels
- Mugen Grille
- Inspire Garnish, LEDs, badge
post #5 of 10 Old 06-23-2014, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear

^ lol what is that supposed to mean?

Any other input? I'm going to order them soon. I've had enough of the stock brakes.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-23-2014, 10:22 AM
4th Gear

"I was just checking the specs on the endline for the…rotary…girder…....... I’m retarded"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsinki View Post
post #7 of 10 Old 06-23-2014, 10:54 AM
4th Gear

LoL, it's a movie from 1995 called "Tommy Boy" and is HILARIOUS, you should definitely check it out...

As for your rotors, I'm not sure how much the Callahan's are, but I just picked up a set of Centric Premium rear rotors at $79 for the pair and hear nothing but good reviews about them on the web as well as from these forums.. Only been on the car for a day so I can't really be one to judge anything other than the price and quality of the material which both seemed up to par in my book..

I'm sure you'll be fine with the callahan's.

Keep in mind that these are OEM replacements so you aren't really going to gain anything as far as stopping power goes. I think it will be right there if not a TINY bit better than stock... If you are looking for stopping power you might want a Big Brake Kit, but they can run you into some mucho $$...
post #8 of 10 Old 06-23-2014, 12:11 PM
4th Gear

Two words. Brembo blanks. Couldn't be happier with mine, and my 09 eats brakes.

'13 Accord EX-L V6 coupe w/navi, 58K (my daily ride)
'14 Sonata GLS, 23K (wife's grocery getter)
'14 Kia Forte LX, 56K (kid's car at college)
post #9 of 10 Old 06-23-2014, 12:25 PM
Car so nice, bought twice

I have Centric Premium's on my rear and they seem to be doing OK. If I hadn't have wanted directional cooling vanes I probably would have gone Centric up front too.

2012 Accord EX-L AT V6 Sdn Crystal Black Pearl / Ivory (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
- CAI, J37 Intake + TB, TB Coolant Bypass, Ported Intake Runners, RV6 HFPC + JPipe (Ceramic Coated), PCV filter
- Koni FSDs, Voodoo13 6 Control Arms, Rear Ultra Racing Chassis Bracing, 22mm Rear + Acura TL Front, Akebono Performance Pads, Centric High Carbon Cryo rotors, SS lines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 10 Old 06-23-2014, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear

Pulled the trigger tonight. I looked at Centric Premium, Brembo blanks (which are good rotors as I had them on my 06) and Callaghan rotors, but I wanted brakes that perform better than stock brakes this time, so I decided to pay a bit more and bought the EBC Ultimax Slotted rotors. Hopefully their quality won't let me down. The order should arrive in a few days. I'll update after they are installed on my car. Wish me luck!

Thanks for all the input, guys!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.