TWM Short Shifter Review - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 01-21-2013, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

TWM Short Shifter Review

I recently bought TWM performance's short shifter for 8th generation Accords and just had a blast installing it!

Regardless of how much a pain in the ass it was to install, it was absolutely worth it. It is the best mod I have done to date, hands down.

I purchased the short shifter, base bushings, cable bushings and a shift knob from them. After a 15% discount (gotta love google), it totaled $368. It is pretty expensive, but absolutely worth it.

Before I installed the TWM products, I had the CT Engineering Short Shifter Adapter and Torque Solutions cable bushings. The parts helped a lot, but my shifts still felt, for lack of better words, mushy. With all the TWM parts installed, everything feels solid and precise.

I nearly destroyed the shifter cup tabs while installing so I would recommend a friend help you. As long as you keep one tab intact (it is the tab on the other side of the shaft on the picture below), the cup will be secured fine. I would also recommend installing the cable bushings once you get the shift assembly removed, it will allow more flex room for the shift cables going to the transmission which you will need.

Installed

Destroyed Shifter Cup

Cable Bushings (it is to get the end of the cable over the bushing on the larger one. I took a hammer and flat head screwdriver and VERY lightly tapped it into place)

Finished Product

2009 6-6 EX-L Coupe

Magnaflow CBE
Takeda SRI
Weathertech Visors
Black Mugen Replica Grill
LED Interior Lights & License Plate
TWM Cable and Shift Assembly Bushings
TWM Short Shifter
TWM Type-R Weighted Shift Knob
Redline Shift and E-brake Boots
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.