MDX riser installed! - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 02-12-2012, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Michael

Thumbs up MDX riser installed!

I finally got the MDX Spacer installed. The P2R Ported Intake Runners are installed with it. I'll update soon with a 0-60 to compare to my last one. There are quite a few hoses that are pulled tight, and some wires I had to free up, but considering I never worked on a car before my Accord, it was easy. Hood closes with plenty of room!

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/

/

Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 02-15-2012, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

Nice Is it still full hieght,or did you mill it down?

post #3 of 29 Old 02-15-2012, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Michael

Milled to 1 inch, but the thermal gasket bumps it up another 2/3 centimeter or so.

/

/

post #4 of 29 Old 02-18-2012, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Michael

My BEFORE video of 0-60 5.8 seconds.

My AFTER video of 0-60 5.4 seconds.

/

/

post #5 of 29 Old 02-18-2012, 12:30 PM
2nd Gear

so you picked up .4 seconds with a P-n-P and a spacer? Not bad.
post #6 of 29 Old 02-25-2012, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Michael

Ok, I added longer 5/16 coolant lines. The throttle body is no longer feeling like it is going to pop off. Also the manifold's line is more relaxed than before. You can see I now have a Honda gasket above the ported intake runners, then the thermal gasket, another Honda Gasket, the MDX riser, and another Honda gasket. You can see the wiring to the throttle body had to be freed up a LOT. Lots of electrical tape cut, and even the plastic top removed to allow the range of motion required. Yes, that's blood on the cloth, along with a gallon of coolant!
Attached Images

/

/

post #7 of 29 Old 02-27-2012, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Michael

If you have an automatic and want the full height spacer, get these parts, and don't use the thermal gasket. You could also get someone else to mill it other than Paul, but understand how perfect and exact it has to be.

17108-RDJ-A00
17105-RCJ-A01
92900-08060-1B two
95701-08105-08 seven

Also be aware that you'll need some 5/16 coolant line. Some of the hoses are too short.

/

/

post #8 of 29 Old 06-13-2012, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Michael

Silicone 5/16 hoses, about 4'

MDX riser parts:
1x
1x
2x
7x

Take off the lining of your hood and use a few of these:
/ />
I also linked the Ingalls Stiffy, which dampens engine movement by putting a strut against your frame. It reduced, rather than increased, vibration.

DIY:
http://radio-pro.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=69342

/

/

post #9 of 29 Old 06-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Stanced 8thGen Accord

Got mine ready for install, Your pictures are going to help

Just have to fix some kind of Fuel leak i'm having from the nitrous t-tap i did into the fuel line. GRR!!!!lol

10' V6 Coupe BBP

post #10 of 29 Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Dan
6th Gear

whoa thats awesome. i didnt think you could an accord to do 0-60 in 5.4

3.0-AT (7th Generation)
Notchback-stroker 410- 527 RWHP on nitrous
post #11 of 29 Old 06-25-2012, 10:46 PM
port & polish everything

nice DIY, if it wasn't already mentioned, it's a good idea to port/gasket match all the pieces at the same time.

2003 LX eternal blue sedan - tsx intake manifold, dc sports header, fujita cold air intake, hondata and p2r heatshields, tls rear sway bar, 6mt strut bar, brembo rotors
2007 SE cool blue sedan - p2r heatshield, k&n drop in, no resonator
2010 LX-S belize blue coupe - bored throttle body, ported runners, hps silicone intake, aem drop in, tsx rear sway bar, ktuner.com
post #12 of 29 Old 09-02-2012, 05:09 PM
1st Gear

Wrong post bolts

Hey Artema, I'm a big fan of what you've done with your Accord. This weekend I've replaced the downpipe/j-pipe and installed a set of ported runners and riser. I had a problem installing the riser with some of the parts I ordered. The post bolts referenced in this thread are M8x60 and are the stock size of my Accord. I was unable to get an appropriate replacement post so I opted for M8x100 bolts from Pep-Boys. If a person were adamant on fully threaded or double end threaded posts to reach from the runners through the manifold they would need at least 110mm in length, I'd recommend 120mm personally though. I tried a Home depot first and their demo labeled them M8-1.25, though I'm not quite sure what that 1.25 means but just in case it helps someone.

To clarify, I used a full size riser on top of ported runners with honda gaskets on my AT Sedan for a j35z2 2008.

Last edited by igibson; 09-02-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: wording
post #13 of 29 Old 09-02-2012, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Michael

Hmm, these are the parts numbers I got from V6P and the linked Acura site. Mine is a custom setup with BMW studs and bolts. If you figure out the part needed let me know so we can correct the post!

/

/

post #14 of 29 Old 09-02-2012, 10:44 PM
1st Gear

Parts from Honda Pilot

According to the two links here:

The 2008 Honda Pilot has a distinctly similar look to that of our accords assuming you install a riser (spacer as it's called in the pics) and points to reference 18 of the fuel injector sheet as P/N 92900-08100-1B 8x100 Bolt, Stud

While I didn't use this part, I would feel safe ordering and using it after having installed the 8x100 bolts with no issue.
post #15 of 29 Old 10-27-2012, 06:25 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artema View Post
I also linked the Ingalls Stiffy, which dampens engine movement by putting a strut against your frame. It reduced, rather than increased, vibration.

DIY:
http://radio-pro.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=69342
Nice. So the Ingalls damper works in the 8th gen Accord also?

2012 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6MT in San Marino Red with Ivory interior.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.