MDX riser installed! - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 29 Old 10-27-2012, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thgennc View Post
Nice. So the Ingalls damper works in the 8th gen Accord also?
See the link to that thread. It requires modification.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/

/

Advertisement

post #17 of 29 Old 11-07-2012, 03:39 PM
1st Gear

why do you still have the intake resonator after you installd the SRI?

post #18 of 29 Old 11-07-2012, 03:39 PM
1st Gear

sweet engine ay though man

post #19 of 29 Old 11-07-2012, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Michael

Not sure who you're talking to, but I don't have an intake resonator. Like you said, I have a custom intake.

/

/

post #20 of 29 Old 03-13-2013, 02:13 AM
1st Gear

What exactly does this mdx riser do? Increase the total air volume?
Can i get a torqure damper for my 7thGen i4 accord? Also is there any type of riser for my car aswell?

Awesome thread, i love stuff like this. Great work too!
post #21 of 29 Old 03-13-2013, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
Michael

I'm not aware of any riser for the i4. However what this does it pulls the peak torque down to a lower rpm. I have an auto V6 with VCM. Some of the things I noticed are very nice launch speed, staying in ECO mode longer (3 cylinders), better hill climb capability, etc. It does add a few HP and a few ft lbs of torque, but the big thing is being able to hit the torque earlier in the acceleration.

/

/

post #22 of 29 Old 12-10-2013, 04:36 PM
1st Gear

Interesting, I may have to try this on my 2011 Crosstour with the J35Z2.

Question to the OP, have you had to smog it since install? If so, did it pass with the MDX spacer installed? I am not up on CA smog rules, since I left CA in 2000 and just moved back this year.
post #23 of 29 Old 12-10-2013, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlarimer View Post
Interesting, I may have to try this on my 2011 Crosstour with the J35Z2.

Question to the OP, have you had to smog it since install? If so, did it pass with the MDX spacer installed? I am not up on CA smog rules, since I left CA in 2000 and just moved back this year.
No, I don't have to smog the car ever, but I was curious and asked a friend to do the sniffer and it passed, even with the third cat deleted. Though if it were a real test, the visual inspection of modifications would fail it.

/

/

post #24 of 29 Old 12-10-2013, 06:41 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artema View Post
No, I don't have to smog the car ever, but I was curious and asked a friend to do the sniffer and it passed, even with the third cat deleted. Though if it were a real test, the visual inspection of modifications would fail it.
Curious as to why it doesn't need smog? Is there some CA law that has changed or something else? I passed both my other Honda's with mods, I.E. Intake manifold swap, TB swap, etc., but I always worry I'm going to get flagged.
post #25 of 29 Old 12-10-2013, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlarimer View Post
Curious as to why it doesn't need smog? Is there some CA law that has changed or something else? I passed both my other Honda's with mods, I.E. Intake manifold swap, TB swap, etc., but I always worry I'm going to get flagged.
I'm registered in Texas, Active Duty Air Force. Texas does emissions tests, but I'm not there to get them, and none of my career field's possible duty stations are in Texas. So I just don't ever need to get it done, ever. I know I'm cheating and I don't care.

/

/

post #26 of 29 Old 12-10-2013, 07:17 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
I'm registered in Texas, Active Duty Air Force. Texas does emissions tests, but I'm not there to get them, and none of my career field's possible duty stations are in Texas. So I just don't ever need to get it done, ever. I know I'm cheating and I don't care.
I wondered, medically retired Army after 15 Yrs myself. So I don't qualify for exemptions anymore.

Quote:
If you have an automatic and want the full height spacer, get these parts, and don't use the thermal gasket. You could also get someone else to mill it other than Paul, but understand how perfect and exact it has to be.

17108-RDJ-A00
17105-RCJ-A01
92900-08060-1B two
95701-08105-08 seven

Also be aware that you'll need some 5/16 coolant line. Some of the hoses are too short.
On the hardware, could you tell me the item number of the two bolts/studs listed below? I can't find them on the diagram, I am thinking #15, but the P/N's are different.

Nevermind, I found them on a different diagram, Item #18:

Last edited by namegoeshere; 10-22-2016 at 04:36 PM.
post #27 of 29 Old 03-09-2014, 03:33 PM
4th Gear

Can this be done to the 7th Gen 3.0?

2004 Accord Sedan CM6 (daily) Graphite Pearl
Koni Yellows/Tein H-Tech Springs. Hood Bra,Splash Guards,Deck Lid,Weather Mats,Sunroof Visor,Fog Lights, Hybrid Mirrors <-All OEM. TL-Type S F/RSB's, Mugen Door Visors, Yakima Roof Rack w/Raptor Attachment X2, 08 TSX wheels(Winter) 6-6-6 Wheels (Spring) Evo X wheels (Summer).
1990 Accord Coupe CB7 (project) Charcoal Granite Metallic

H22 Swap, Skunk2 Springs on Koni Str.t, Rear Disk Swap, Fog Lights, 92-93 Sedan Trunk Conversion, 02 Accord Rims
post #28 of 29 Old 03-09-2014, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by drzcb7 View Post
Can this be done to the 7th Gen 3.0?
Yep, as far as I know they started this many years ago in the 3.2 Acuras and if you get the corresponding parts it works on any of the V6. I'm not sure about parts compatibility, so check for compatibility first.

/

/

post #29 of 29 Old 03-09-2014, 04:59 PM
4th Gear

thanks I'm going to pull out the note pad and start working on this can never go wrong with a little extra torque

2004 Accord Sedan CM6 (daily) Graphite Pearl
Koni Yellows/Tein H-Tech Springs. Hood Bra,Splash Guards,Deck Lid,Weather Mats,Sunroof Visor,Fog Lights, Hybrid Mirrors <-All OEM. TL-Type S F/RSB's, Mugen Door Visors, Yakima Roof Rack w/Raptor Attachment X2, 08 TSX wheels(Winter) 6-6-6 Wheels (Spring) Evo X wheels (Summer).
1990 Accord Coupe CB7 (project) Charcoal Granite Metallic

H22 Swap, Skunk2 Springs on Koni Str.t, Rear Disk Swap, Fog Lights, 92-93 Sedan Trunk Conversion, 02 Accord Rims
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.