privacy curtains - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
3Likes
  • 1 Post By KW2004Accord
  • 1 Post By jimijam
  • 1 Post By Drew03Accord
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-20-2017, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
Lightbulb privacy curtains

on a lighter (or darker?) note, since i spend so much time in my vehicle anymore, and for the foreseeable future, i'm looking into installing privacy curtains for the sedan. yes, it sounds crazy, and might look tacky or strange. but, all of the mileage that i do per year, i would like to have something when i'm traveling long distance, that i would be able to prevent the sun into my vehicle. more often than not, after i make a delivery, i tend to pull over and take a nap if needed. this has a side benefit as well: able to at least somewhat prevent another theft of medications from my vehicle (along with the broken glass cleanup and replacement).

here is one option:

there are other options as well out there, all ranging from $10 to $100+. i feel that even if i have to pay a higher price for that, i won't have to worry about PA cops giving me a hard time about tint. depending on how bad of a mood a PA cop could be in, they could give me a ticket to remove my tint, if i decide to go through with the install. so, there are a few benefits to going through with this...

thoughts?

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 17xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
2007 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2.4 MT (409k miles, RIP)
1999 Honda Accord coupe (197k, blown head gasket)
1993 Honda Accord (retired 369k)
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-20-2017, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Send a message via AIM to stiller fan Send a message via Yahoo to stiller fan Send a message via Skype™ to stiller fan
another option:

i'm wondering if suction-cupped insulated sunshades would be the better option. serves the same purpose, yet would be able to stay warmer in winter, and cooler in summer.

would be just a matter of trying to get those customized for the sedan windows.

current car: 2007 Honda Accord LX-SE 4dr 2.4 MT 17xk miles (slowly and gradually nursing her back to health)

prior vehicles:
post #3 of 8 Old 10-20-2017, 03:46 PM
Out of Control

Look into car camping forums to see what other people have done, would think black out insulated curtains attached with velcro would probably work best on the side windows (easy to put up/take down), windshield / back window - reg. sunshade. Get window visors so you can crack the windows without letting in rain, controls humidity inside car as well (you will sleep better). CO2 detector also if you run heat / ac while napping.
stiller fan likes this.

2004 4cyl. EX Sedan automatic 509K - 2017 EX automatic 2K
The Following User Says Thank You to KW2004Accord For This Useful Post:
stiller fan (10-20-2017)

post #4 of 8 Old 10-20-2017, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW2004Accord View Post
Look into car camping forums to see what other people have done, would think black out insulated curtains attached with velcro would probably work best on the side windows (easy to put up/take down), windshield / back window - reg. sunshade. Get window visors so you can crack the windows without letting in rain, controls humidity inside car as well (you will sleep better). CO2 detector also if you run heat / ac while napping.
as a temp fix, i was also thinking of running bungie cords along the top of the doors, and the top of the rear window, and putting curtains there until i find a better application...

prior vehicles:
post #5 of 8 Old 10-20-2017, 04:43 PM
Roll Tide!

perhaps Drew03Accord has some ideas. if i'm not mistaken (well, I could be mistaken), he installed curtains in his daughter's accord before she left for college.

hey salcuta, are you having beef for dinner?
KW2004Accord likes this.

2007 V6 AT Sedan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-20-2017, 04:50 PM
Out of Control

Do you have coat hooks in the rear, could run the bungie cord, or loop a rope across from them to hang curtains or get a spring loaded curtain rod.

2004 4cyl. EX Sedan automatic 509K - 2017 EX automatic 2K
post #7 of 8 Old 10-21-2017, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
LEAVE ME ALONE, DEER!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW2004Accord View Post
Do you have coat hooks in the rear, could run the bungie cord, or loop a rope across from them to hang curtains or get a spring loaded curtain rod.
Only on driver's side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

prior vehicles:
post #8 of 8 Old 10-21-2017, 06:20 AM
Out of Control

Dude! Stop being cheap and take her to a hotel!!!
stiller fan likes this.

2003 LX Sedan, i4 + Automatic. 201K and counting.
My toughest oil thread:

Update your sig with your ride here (10 post minimum req):
The Following User Says Thank You to Drew03Accord For This Useful Post:
stiller fan (10-22-2017)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.