I want my side marker lights to act like turn signals. - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 05-08-2010, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear

I want my side marker lights to act like turn signals.

I was thinking about connecting my front turns to their respective side markers (SM) so the SM work like turns. I think it's horrible that the Factory ront turns are not visible to someone driving right beside you. To me, it's a safety issue.

Has anyone successfully connected their front turns to the SMs? I would think diodes would be needed to prevent both SMs from blinking at the same time.

Any thoughts?

AND YES I DID SEARCH AND FOUND NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

2014 ASM Accord Coupe V6 EX-L Auto/w Navi
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 05-08-2010, 07:55 PM
6th Gear

Side markers - what side markers? Did I miss something - does the 8th gen have side markers? Maybe other than North American cars have them? Aren't side markers behind the front wheels on the "side" of the car? I do agree that side markers are beneficial in my opinion, but I can't claim I've seen any scientific studies that show side markers are a safety advantage.

2006 Accord Coupe silver V6 6-speed
2003 Accord Coupe silver V6 auto
post #3 of 25 Old 05-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Zzzz

positive = parking light
negative= turn signal instead of ground

2010 EX-L V6 NAVI SEDAN
1999 EX V6 COUPE
2006 Si

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I unlock iPhones! 3G 3GS 4 4S 5

post #4 of 25 Old 05-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Also available in sober.

Why not add some LED side markers on the fenders?

14 Accord Sport - 10 Accord EX - 07 GMC Sierra - 81 Mazda RX7 - 97 Mazda Miata - 09 Scion XB
post #5 of 25 Old 05-09-2010, 07:52 AM
banned

I thought about it, but went with led strips instead. lol
post #6 of 25 Old 05-09-2010, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkiedoode View Post
positive = parking light
negative= turn signal instead of ground
I thought the SM and PLs were already wired together on the positive side. Are you saying to take the SM negative to the TS positive? If I do that, wouldn't the SM get constant ground through the TS bulb? If so, they would come on as normal but still wouldn't flash. What am I missing?

post #7 of 25 Old 05-09-2010, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Why not add some LED side markers on the fenders?
Don't want to drill any holes in the body. Prefer to use the existing lighting fixtures.

post #8 of 25 Old 05-09-2010, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypsibird View Post
Side markers - what side markers? Did I miss something - does the 8th gen have side markers? Maybe other than North American cars have them? Aren't side markers behind the front wheels on the "side" of the car? I do agree that side markers are beneficial in my opinion, but I can't claim I've seen any scientific studies that show side markers are a safety advantage.
Yeah, you missed something. The non-flashing amber lights on the outer corners of the headlight cluster are considered side markers on this car. Well at least that's what Honda's Factory Service Manual calls them....but Honda could be wrong I guess.

I don't need "scientific studies" to justify trying to increase safety, just as I don't need to sniff a turd to confirm that it stinks. But you go right ahead and wait for the data.

post #9 of 25 Old 05-13-2010, 05:44 PM
2007 4DR EX-L V6 5AT

Send a message via AIM to LFSoccer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to LFSoccer2k6
Are you referring to those orange reflectors...what gen is your car OP?

2007 NHBP EX-L V6 Sedan 5AT
CarDomain:

DIY Documents:
post #10 of 25 Old 05-15-2010, 11:47 PM
6th Gear

^^ yea i think he's referring to the amber reflectors on the outside of the headlight housing. you could try inspire mirrors

AFTERMARKET
Inspire Headlights + LS 430 Retrofit (HID 5000k, switchback LEDs), Megan SS Coils, V6 Coupe Wheels, Mugen Style Kit, Inspire LED Mirrors, Takeda SRI, VS Clear Bra, 20% sides/32% Rear Tint, 3M Black Roof Vinyl, Sun Strip Visor, WT Digifit Liners, Inspire Trunk Garnish, JDM Decklid Spoiler, M3 Style Roof Spoiler, Modulo Sport Grille, LED Taillights, Full LED interior/exterior, Odyssey/Mesh Lower Grille, TSX 17mm RSB, P2R TBS, Crosstour Shifter, CF Trim, Trunk CCFLs
post #11 of 25 Old 05-18-2010, 12:34 AM
My First Post

I agree with the assertion that a flashing side marker is a safety benefit, especially after years of bike riding in Manhattan! That is, if anybody even bothered to signal ....

My 92 Accord LX Coupe had two bulbs in the parking/corner light. As I remember, the outermost light blinked (or possibly just cut out) alternately to the front bumper turn signal light.

I now have a 96 Accord EX Sedan, referred to as a KH model, also with two lights in the corner. Unfortunately neither blinks :-(

I checked the factory manual for the 96, and it refers to KG and KE models as having a single light in the corner, and a separate turn signal light mounted in the fender. Since it is a turn signal, I assume it blinks alternately also.

Think about it, they used one of the lights from the KH corner in the fender, and made it blink.

Since there is usually a lot of similarity in wiring of cars, doesn't it make sense that there should be an easy way to may the outermost of the two in my KH blink or alternately cut out?

I have both wiring diagrams from the factory manuals, but I'm not that good at reading them.

Thanks for any help/input you have - Netstrider
post #12 of 25 Old 05-29-2010, 10:01 PM
3rd Gear

is this is what you want to do??, just finished doing this right now, i like it cuz now the peeps on the side can see me signaling...
post #13 of 25 Old 05-29-2010, 10:07 PM
2007 4DR EX-L V6 5AT

Send a message via AIM to LFSoccer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to LFSoccer2k6
Very nice...

what are those white blinkers? super bright!!

2007 NHBP EX-L V6 Sedan 5AT
CarDomain:

DIY Documents:
post #14 of 25 Old 05-29-2010, 10:09 PM
banned

niiice civicsir07 looks good...
post #15 of 25 Old 05-29-2010, 10:20 PM
JDM=FAD

Send a message via AIM to 1-VT3C
Quote:
Originally Posted by civicsir07 View Post
is this is what you want to do??, just finished doing this right now, i like it cuz now the peeps on the side can see me signaling...
Nice! you have a DIY?

2008 Accord coupe EX-L Blk/Blk
Deck lid, m3 roof lip, blue interior illuminations/custom footwell lighting,all around LED lighting, LED DRL's,
55w retrosolutions kit, fog lights, custom SRI, OEM all season floor mats,tints- 30%F,18%B, TrunkTray, SplashGuards,
Radiator mesh grill, debadged, custom dual Magnaflow exhaust, Crees. More to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.