Standalone Info and Questions - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 06-24-2016, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
My First Post

Standalone Info and Questions

Hey everyone. New here to the forum. Recently picked up a 1997 acura 3.0CL new to hondas new to the whole scene but not exactly getting into the honda scene im trying to gather info on ECUs and wiring.

To start i have a 63 bug im using for an offroad car. I debated a subaru motor for the engine but there expensive and i decided not to go that route and decided honda for the availability of parts and information. first thought about a k series but that was quickly turned down again for money. i couldnt justify 1000 bucks just for the motor. i cant use d b f or h series becuase they turn the wrong way for a vw transmission. i now have a j30a1 in my possession

heres where my troubles come in. I have the complete car and all the wiring ecu sensors etc to go with the motor. but i cant run it as it sits because it'll just go right into limp mode since i dont have the auto trans it came with and im gonna be deleting all the smog junk. so i need some direction to go as far as what to do with my wiring and computer. aem is too expensive for me. i thought megasquirt but i cant find any support for honda v6. hondata doesnt support j series. im hoping someone has info here or has done a standalone swap themselves and could point me in the right direction

Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-24-2016, 02:09 PM
The Keyless-Wonder

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63vtecvw View Post
Hey everyone. New here to the forum. Recently picked up a 1997 acura 3.0CL new to hondas new to the whole scene but not exactly getting into the honda scene im trying to gather info on ECUs and wiring.

To start i have a 63 bug im using for an offroad car. I debated a subaru motor for the engine but there expensive and i decided not to go that route and decided honda for the availability of parts and information. first thought about a k series but that was quickly turned down again for money. i couldnt justify 1000 bucks just for the motor. i cant use d b f or h series becuase they turn the wrong way for a vw transmission. i now have a j30a1 in my possession

heres where my troubles come in. I have the complete car and all the wiring ecu sensors etc to go with the motor. but i cant run it as it sits because it'll just go right into limp mode since i dont have the auto trans it came with and im gonna be deleting all the smog junk. so i need some direction to go as far as what to do with my wiring and computer. aem is too expensive for me. i thought megasquirt but i cant find any support for honda v6. hondata doesnt support j series. im hoping someone has info here or has done a standalone swap themselves and could point me in the right direction
I know of someone who may be able to help you as he's a J-series fanatic, but J32s are his specialty.... It's worth a try though! Go to either J32a.com or Acurazine.com and look for yungone501!

2014 3.5L Coupe EX-L, 6AT, SNP
RIP:
2001 Acura CL Type S, NBP
1992 Accord EX Sedan, AGP
1983 Accord Sedan, Desert Tan

Relunctantly obsessed with the 2016 Sport wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco View Post
Idiots demand 'infotainment systems' and cameras all over so even cars that used to be lightweight and spartan are turning into rolling makeup rooms for neurotic metrosexuals.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.