400 hp Accord - What is the transmission limit? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-16-2015, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
2013 Accord Coupe HFP

400 hp Accord - What is the transmission limit?

So I saw this article about a custom Accord Honda is racing this year:

Most of the mods seem pretty simple and achievable (except for turbo and the legality of the cat delete).

I figure with a "few" bucks I should be able to achieve something close.

So I'm turning to the forum for answers to a few critical questions.

The biggest are concerning the transmission. I have searched all over this site, google and wikipedia. There are no complete specs on Accord transmissions, especially after 2003. Are the 8th and 9th gen 6MT (V6) the same exact part (except for specific gearing)? This is what I've seemed to gather from my extensive searches. Is this identical to the 2007-2008 TL-S transmission except for the LSD of the Acura? Could a TL-S transmission bolt directly on to my 6-6 Accord coupe in place of the existing 6?

And if I just put a TL-S LSD into my existing tranny, assuming it would fit in place of the open diff, how would that affect the VSA? (although technically the VSA could just be turned off)? That being said I have noticed when I had an 8th gen sedan even with the VSA off it would still kick in with severe slippage like snow.

Does anyone know the HP/torque limit of the 9th gen 6-6 tranny? This is the most elusive question.

Next, with a big brake kit does the master cylinder need to be changed out?

The article also implied the engine became a "mini-stroker" using an RLX crankshaft but the RLX J35Y4 has the same stroke as the Earth Dreams J35Y2. Anyone know what to make of this?

Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-30-2017, 10:30 AM
6th Gear

However, there is a problem, and being an avid Honda/Acura fanatic, it is a large one: The majority of the amazing parts on this car will probably never be made available from Honda. The company probably won’t even toy with the idea of offering anything above a “sport version” of the car due to a general lack of interest from the public. Which, unfortunately, does make a lot of sense, considering the fact that most people buy an Accord for its reliability, safety, and low operational costs.

only time will tell. if the True Civic Type R does well stateside when its released, i wouldn't see why they wouldn't try bringing a Accord Type R version...someday

2003 Accord 4dr EX V6 Graphite Pearl aka Dark Grey
250,000+ on 2nd Transmission

Mods: Driven heavily modded vehicles. "once a modder always a modder"

*G Modifiers Crew Member #2*
Advertisement

Tags
400 hp, accord lsd, accord type-r, transmission torque limit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.