Why would you want to debadge? and how much tint is allowed? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 04-23-2009, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Why would you want to debadge? and how much tint is allowed?

Why do u want to debadge your car?

Is the tint % the same all over or it varies? I live in Alberta, Canada so how much tint can I afford?

Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 04-23-2009, 03:31 PM
3rd Gear

I debadge because I like the clean look.

tint % really depends on you, laws varies by location as well. cost is usually the same, I've never gotten limo tint but 50%, 35%, 20% all cost the same from my experience.

2008 4 Door NHP EX I4 5 Speed Auto |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 31 Old 04-23-2009, 03:35 PM
5th Gear

Debadging makes the car look better in my opinion as well as doesn't get in the way when washing and paint maintenance. Just use a search engine to find that out or give your local police station a call. Much faster and more accurate than waiting for a reply on here.

97 Accord LX Coupe A/T 28mpg

09 Accord LX-P A/T 31mpg

Pagani Zonda - When I win the lottery and move to Europe.

post #4 of 31 Old 04-23-2009, 03:52 PM
The Legend Killer

Debadging is just a personal preference for many people...I could personally care less if I'm debadged or not. As for the tint it depends where you live and what the laws say about it. As for me I have limo tint on the back 3 windows and my driver and passenger are just one shade lighter then limo.

Lakers and Cowboys fan for life!!!

08 Black Honda Accord EX-L
post #5 of 31 Old 04-23-2009, 03:59 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to bruceleroy
i debadge because i love doing it i even do other peoples parked cars when they are not around
post #6 of 31 Old 04-23-2009, 04:03 PM
1st Gear

i want to debadge the accord and v6 logo but havent done it cuz im scared gonna mess up the paint

08 Accord Sedan Ex-LV6 w/Navi
Nighthawk Black Pearl
Promax 35W 8K Xenon HID kit
20'' Privat NETZ Black wrapped with Falken FK452s
AEM Cold Air Intake (Polished)
Greddy Exhaust
SPC rear camber kit
Megan coilovers
debadged
limo tint side and back
JL ProWedge W6s JL Slash Amp JL Cleansweep
(future)
Mugen wheels
VIS Racing Techno R Bodykit
Stoptech BBK
post #7 of 31 Old 04-23-2009, 04:14 PM
need 6 speed!

Send a message via AIM to AznX TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznCaliThug09 View Post
i want to debadge the accord and v6 logo but havent done it cuz im scared gonna mess up the paint
its easy, aslong as you dont use a screw driver to do it or anything sharp, you're fine.

i want to debadge, but i dont want people to mistaken my car for a civic.

-'15 Accord Sport 6-speed
no mods
RIP-08 Accord lx-s 5speed manual/ tafetta white
mods
|DDM tuning 6k hids|12" Alpine Type-R|TSX switchblade|Lip spoiler|Type-R Suede red stitch boot|Gunmetal Type-R knob|
|Intake Resonator Delete|Hyper White led license plate led|led interior bulbs|Smoked Reverse lights|

Previous owned
-97 Acura 2.2CL auto/Flamenco Black
post #8 of 31 Old 04-23-2009, 04:15 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
i debadge because i love doing it i even do other peoples parked cars when they are not around

2008 RBP Honda Accord Sedan LX-P, 5AT

Mods
OEM: Wing Spoiler, Side Molding, Splash Guards, V6 front bumper with coupe fog light covers
Non-OEM: Toshiba HIR Lows, Chrome Door Pillars, Blue LED interior lights, White LED trunk and plate lights, Autozone chrome grille, lower bumper, and trunk trim, V-LEDs tail/brake light LED bulbs
post #9 of 31 Old 04-23-2009, 04:28 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Dental floss worked nicely for me.

09 Accord LX-P A/T 31mpg

post #10 of 31 Old 04-23-2009, 04:47 PM
1st Gear

so work the floss back and forth between the sign and the paint? man it sounds dicey

08 Accord Sedan Ex-LV6 w/Navi
Nighthawk Black Pearl
Promax 35W 8K Xenon HID kit
20'' Privat NETZ Black wrapped with Falken FK452s
AEM Cold Air Intake (Polished)
Greddy Exhaust
SPC rear camber kit
Megan coilovers
debadged
limo tint side and back
JL ProWedge W6s JL Slash Amp JL Cleansweep
(future)
Mugen wheels
VIS Racing Techno R Bodykit
Stoptech BBK
post #11 of 31 Old 04-23-2009, 04:48 PM
5th Gear

Send a message via AIM to desiboy5291
Quote:
Originally Posted by superballz00 View Post
Dental floss worked nicely for me.
after you took it off with the dental floss was there any 3M stuff left there?, if so how did u get it off? and if you say goo-gone is there any other way to get it off with common household stuff or anything i can buy at a local home depot?

08 Accord LX-S Nighthawk Black Pearl

RetroSolutions 35W 6000k HID| 2 10" JL Audio Subs| Alpine 1000W Amp| 25% Tint All Around| LED Trunk Light|
LED Dome Light| LED License Plate Light| V-LEDs Type 2 Dual Color Changing Turn Signals| Weapon-R Intake
post #12 of 31 Old 04-23-2009, 04:58 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
so work the floss back and forth between the sign and the paint? man it sounds dicey
I heated it up with a hair dryer first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiboy5291 View Post
after you took it off with the dental floss was there any 3M stuff left there?, if so how did u get it off? and if you say goo-gone is there any other way to get it off with common household stuff or anything i can buy at a local home depot?
There was some glue left but I had some glue solvent that the dealer gave me. Not the strongest stuff but worked well. You can probably just ask your dealer for some the next time you go in for a service. They just put some in an empty water bottle and gave it to me when I went to pick up my dash cover.

09 Accord LX-P A/T 31mpg

post #13 of 31 Old 04-23-2009, 05:02 PM
5th Gear

i took mine off with my fingers and came off easy

2011 mustang 5.0 on the way and my car will be going back to stock
post #14 of 31 Old 04-23-2009, 05:05 PM
08 Acc Coupe/Auto/Nav/BBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
so it is you huh,man i had a VW Golf with a big A$$ VW sign on the back was parked and someone just pried it off my car left me with a freaking black hole on my trunk, i just wanted to lay my hands around his neck ..drove the car for 3 years without it ..
post #15 of 31 Old 04-23-2009, 05:37 PM
5th Gear

Send a message via AIM to desiboy5291
Quote:
Originally Posted by denttarek View Post
so it is you huh,man i had a VW Golf with a big A$$ VW sign on the back was parked and someone just pried it off my car left me with a freaking black hole on my trunk, i just wanted to lay my hands around his neck ..drove the car for 3 years without it ..

that was me haha

08 Accord LX-S Nighthawk Black Pearl

RetroSolutions 35W 6000k HID| 2 10" JL Audio Subs| Alpine 1000W Amp| 25% Tint All Around| LED Trunk Light|
LED Dome Light| LED License Plate Light| V-LEDs Type 2 Dual Color Changing Turn Signals| Weapon-R Intake
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.