Clear spoiler brake light (2003-2005 Coupe) - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
3Likes
  • 1 Post By zetaroy
  • 1 Post By Aviography
  • 1 Post By zetaroy
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 12-01-2008, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Clear spoiler brake light (2003-2005 Coupe)

Hello,
I recently purchased a clear brake light for my spoiler, but I have a question about the wire connection. The OEM spoiler brake light uses a male & female type connector. Does anyone know the technical term for this type of wire connector? I've attached some pics to better illustrate what I'm talking about.

2003 Accord Coupe EX-V6, Black, Automatic
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-02-2008, 01:34 AM
6th Gear

if you can't find another connector like that, just cut and splice together

2006 Accord SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DIYS |-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-|-
-|
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 13 Old 12-02-2008, 02:30 AM
5th Gear

and we need pics once the install's done, with and without the light on (day and night pics)

'08 Honda Accord Coupe V6, AT, San Marino Red, black 'leather' interior/ HFP under spoilers (front-rear-sides)

Mods:
Voltage stabilizer kit, with additional ground wires
Bosch 35W-6000 HID kit for the low beams,
Magnaflow CFE # 16817
Nokia 500 Navigation unit
Intake resonator removed
11-row engine oil cooler with steel braided lines
11-row transmission oil cooler with Honda inline ATF filter

post #4 of 13 Old 12-02-2008, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

It's called "bullet" connector, just go to a good hardware store to look for these.

Or perhaps Radio Shack too.

2005 Satin Silver V6 Coupe 6 speed
TL shift knob, Hidden Hitch, Venture Shield clear protetive film,
GM Friction Modified Synchromesh transmission fluid,
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3

post #5 of 13 Old 12-02-2008, 05:16 AM

I want one of those lights. Where did you purchase it?

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #6 of 13 Old 12-02-2008, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Bullet style, thanks Aviography.
Quote:
Originally Posted by argus View Post
and we need pics once the install's done, with and without the light on (day and night pics)
OK, but it may take some time since I'm trying to save up cash to have the wing installed professionally and I'm in fear of getting laid off. Damn economy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6 View Post
I want one of those lights. Where did you purchase it?
I got the light from

post #7 of 13 Old 12-02-2008, 11:18 AM

Thanks for the site. The spoiler isn't that hard to install if you have a drill. When I did mine, there were 2 marks on the inside of the trunk lid where the holes are drilled. It literally takes 20 minutes to do it. Just get some touch up paint to paint around the holes that you drill.

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #8 of 13 Old 01-04-2009, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Upon further research, I found out the 2009 Civic Si Coupe's have a clear spoiler light that will directly fit into 03-05 Accord Coupe's spoiler. I'm not sure if they'll fit into a Sedan's spoiler though. I returned the ones I bought from because I noticed a few differences.
1. The OEM one has 24 LEDs vs. the Aftermarket's 20 LEDs.
2. The OEM lens had better light disbursement vs. the Aftermarket.
3. The OEM connections required no modifications.
4. OEM $35 from Majestic Honda vs. Aftermarket's $60.

As you can see, it's a direct fit. I lightly tinted mine before putting it on.

With them off.

With them on. I'll get some night shots later on.

Aviography likes this.

post #9 of 13 Old 01-05-2009, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

Good job, and good price!

post #10 of 13 Old 10-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Resurrecting an eight years old thread!

I noticed last week only the right half of the LED center brake lights on the spoiler still work on my car, removing the unit allowed me to see some of the LED's on the left side have overheated and broken off the circuit board inside, it's impossible to easily open the assembly to replace the LED's since the unit is solvent bonded together.

The spoiler on my car is an aftermarket unit, the LED brake light looks to be the same style and size as the OEM one, however the '09 Civic Si brake light is insanely expensive now at US$220 from all the Honda dealerships, the sale that was on back in 2011 on the 8th Gen Civic forum was a steal at $40 each, alas it is no longer available at that price. The unit from spoilerlights.com will end up being close to CDN$100 with shipping, currency conversion and tax/duty.

I was able to score a brand new '09 Civic Si spoiler with the clear housing at a reasonable price from the local buy-and-sale site, it took some time to fit the LED light to my aftermarket spoiler since the OEM light has a protruding wiring housing, so I had to drill and file the the opening on the aftermarket spoiler to fit. I also had to splice in the bullet style connector to the aftermarket wiring. Finally the spacing on the aftermarket spoiler is just a tiny bit tight so it was a very snug fit when I installed the clear LED unit.

Overall I do like the look, especially on a light color car like mine, the brightness is very good too, I will soon add the flasher electronics to this new light, should be easy now with the bullet style connectors already in place.
Attached Images
zetaroy likes this.

Last edited by Aviography; 10-08-2017 at 07:29 PM.
post #11 of 13 Old 10-08-2017, 09:33 PM
3rd Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviography View Post
Resurrecting an eight years old thread!

I noticed last week only the right half of the LED center brake lights on the spoiler still work on my car, removing the unit allowed me to see some of the LED's on the left side have overheated and broken off the circuit board inside, it's impossible to easily open the assembly to replace the LED's since the unit is solvent bonded together.

The spoiler on my car is an aftermarket unit, the LED brake light looks to be the same style and size as the OEM one, however the '09 Civic Si brake light is insanely expensive now at US$220 from all the Honda dealerships, the sale that was on back in 2011 on the 8th Gen Civic forum was a steal at $40 each, alas it is no longer available at that price. The unit from spoilerlights.com will end up being close to CDN$100 with shipping, currency conversion and tax/duty.

I was able to score a brand new '09 Civic Si spoiler with the clear housing at a reasonable price from the local buy-and-sale site, it took some time to fit the LED light to my aftermarket spoiler since the OEM light has a protruding wiring housing, so I had to drill and file the the opening on the aftermarket spoiler to fit. I also had to splice in the bullet style connector to the aftermarket wiring. Finally the spacing on the aftermarket spoiler is just a tiny bit tight so it was a very snug fit when I installed the clear LED unit.

Overall I do like the look, especially on a light color car like mine, the brightness is very good too, I will soon add the flasher electronics to this new light, should be easy now with the bullet style connectors already in place.

Nice look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #12 of 13 Old 10-29-2017, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviography View Post
Overall I do like the look, especially on a light color car...
Aviography! Long time man! Finally getting around to this, huh? LOL. Yeah, the clear lens looks better on white/silver cars.
Aviography likes this.

post #13 of 13 Old 01-07-2018, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaroy View Post
Aviography! Long time man! Finally getting around to this, huh? LOL. Yeah, the clear lens looks better on white/silver cars.
Yes I'm a slow learner!

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.