TSX mirrors on the sedan - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 06-21-2007, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
<error: divide by zero>

TSX mirrors on the sedan

Soooo, this last weekend I go to put the TSX mirrors on my car. The holes don't line up with the factory holes. I made a template and drilled some new holes (low risk, not in a visible spot) and the holes lined up perfectly, but... the base of the tsx mirror is just all wrong for the accord door.

Has anyone actually put these on a sedan with no modification? If so how did yours work and mine didn't? I am starting to think that there is no way but to modify some accord mirror base with the tsx mirror body. What a pain that would be.

Mike M

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wheels,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(temp and Maplights),
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 06-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Sup

I'll have to find the link, but a chick did the mod and did a great DIY write up with pics. IIRC, she used the TSX mirror (like you) but the Accord guts on the inside. Don't quote me; I'll find the link and post it.

07 Sedan SE I4 Auto
TSX IM w/ P2R heatshield
Homemade CAI
2.25" exh. w/ 06 Si muffler
17mm TL sway bar
Magnefine trans. filter
Fumoto Valve
Kenwood KFC-6970ie
post #3 of 28 Old 06-21-2007, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

I saw that, but I was thinking it was a coupe.

Mike M

Wheels,
(temp and Maplights),

post #4 of 28 Old 06-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Sup

Hmm... The coupe and sedan mirrors have different part #'s? Could of swore they were the same.

07 Sedan SE I4 Auto
TSX IM w/ P2R heatshield
Homemade CAI
2.25" exh. w/ 06 Si muffler
17mm TL sway bar
Magnefine trans. filter
Fumoto Valve
Kenwood KFC-6970ie
post #5 of 28 Old 06-21-2007, 09:57 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to bagbklyn Send a message via Skype™ to bagbklyn
You are correct the sedan and the coupe have different style mirrors. It should actually be easier to install the mirrors on a sedan then on a coupe.

Check out this thread it should help: TSX Mirrors
post #6 of 28 Old 06-22-2007, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

I just don't know if I believe it. Still no pics.

Mike M

Wheels,
(temp and Maplights),
post #7 of 28 Old 06-22-2007, 05:48 AM
5th Gear

There's a How-To for the coupe mirrors over at . I would think you could do the same to the sedan mirrors if you wanted too.
post #8 of 28 Old 06-22-2007, 07:10 AM
banned

Send a message via AIM to bagbklyn Send a message via Skype™ to bagbklyn
Check these pics from v6p.net he actually posted it here first but the pics aren't working.

[IMG]
post #9 of 28 Old 06-22-2007, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

See how the nut on the leading edge of the door is almost hardly on the stud? That is what I am running into. The base of the mirror just doesnt fit flush with the spot where the mirror was. You could attach it, but it looks wierd, which these pics dont seem to show. It would look great from 20 feet, but not so much up close.

Mike M

Wheels,
(temp and Maplights),
post #10 of 28 Old 06-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Who needs lugnuts anyway

I put mine on a couple of week ago but haven't had a chance to take any pictures yet. Maybe tonight when I get around to it I will post some pix.

2004 Accord LX 5MT Graphite Pearl Metallic
V6-6MT Strut tower bar|17mm Acura TL rear sway bar|Rear Spoiler|2003 Acura CL-S Wheels|Foglights and HIR headlights|Rear Speakers - Boston Acoustics S95|Front Speakers - Polk DB6501|Tinted Rear|
post #11 of 28 Old 06-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Who needs lugnuts anyway

Here's what the TSX mirrors look like on my 2004 Accord...

There was a small round stud on the base of my TSX mirrors that was preventing the screws from going all the way through - I just broke it off with a pair of pliers - the mirrors fit much better.
If I only had some time to connect the turn signals now....
Attached Images

2004 Accord LX 5MT Graphite Pearl Metallic
V6-6MT Strut tower bar|17mm Acura TL rear sway bar|Rear Spoiler|2003 Acura CL-S Wheels|Foglights and HIR headlights|Rear Speakers - Boston Acoustics S95|Front Speakers - Polk DB6501|Tinted Rear|
post #12 of 28 Old 06-24-2007, 11:57 AM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
Wow, they look great!
post #13 of 28 Old 06-24-2007, 02:20 PM
5th Gear

Hmmmmm

Wonder if they would work with the manual mirror adjusters on my 2007 VP

Current cars:
2007 Accord VP Royal Blue/gray int. 4cyl automatic
2005 Acura MDX, no Navi, Gold Package, pearl white
frost, tan leather interior, Bose
1997 BMW Z-3, 1.9. 79,000 miles, Boston Green,
optional hard top
1997 Honda Accord, Red, SE 4 cyl, MINT, Original
80K (Son's car)

post #14 of 28 Old 06-24-2007, 03:39 PM
banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreign_Wide View Post
Hmmmmm

Wonder if they would work with the manual mirror adjusters on my 2007 VP
Not without major modification to the internals. It wouldn't be worth it. It would be easier to just put in power mirrors by tapping into something else IMO.
post #15 of 28 Old 06-24-2007, 04:56 PM
5th Gear

I keep wondering about the wiring harness

Is there one harness for a 4dr 2007 Accord?

If so, then I could upgrade this and that, and the connection would be there?

How about the auto dim mirror, etc

Current cars:
2007 Accord VP Royal Blue/gray int. 4cyl automatic
2005 Acura MDX, no Navi, Gold Package, pearl white
frost, tan leather interior, Bose
1997 BMW Z-3, 1.9. 79,000 miles, Boston Green,
optional hard top
1997 Honda Accord, Red, SE 4 cyl, MINT, Original
80K (Son's car)

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.