Opinions on my new setup before I buy - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 02-11-2018, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Opinions on my new setup before I buy

As the car sits now, just the HFP kit and a Borla axel-back exhaust.

by , on Flickr

I did already buy the biggest expense, the wheels and tires. Went with Rohana RC-7 matte silver with machined front wheels and BFGoodrich G-force Comp-2 tires, staggered setup 19x8.5 35 offset in the front 19x9.5 40 offset for the rears.

by , on Flickr

The rest of the parts are not purchased yet, its just what i'm leaning towards, opinions please! I want a moderate drop, maybe just tucking the tire a 1/4 inch or so. I really like the D2 coilovers for the cost, good and bad reviews on them though. Somebody convince me that the BC coils are worth 200 dollars more than these...

by , on Flickr

Of course Ill need a camber kit. Seems like the Eibach pro alignment kit is the best out there.

by , on Flickr

And while Im there the brakes need replacing, Way to many opinions on the best brakes, this car will never see any track so i just want a nice street upgrade from stock. Pretty good deal for the StopTech slotted rotors and pads on autoanything. and no, im not doing the braided lines.

by , on Flickr

Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-12-2018, 09:37 AM
2nd Gear

Not sure about the coilovers as I just run HFP suspension, but everything else looks awesome. I run 19" HFP wheels with 15mm Fr / 20mm Rr 7075-T6 from 1320 Performance but would much rather have gotten wheels with offset. The reason I found your thread is because I am about to purchase the StopTech slotted rotors (not getting drilled) I am still looking at which pads to pair them with but may just get either the Posi-Quiet ceramics or the Streetpads, both which are lower dust less aggressive than sport. I am curious why you aren't doing the braided lines, not that I intend to either

2013 Accord HFP V6 6MT Orchid White / Black

Last edited by namegoeshere; 02-12-2018 at 12:26 PM.
post #3 of 11 Old 02-12-2018, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drpower View Post
Not sure about the coilovers as I just run HFP suspension, but everything else looks awesome. I run 19" HFP wheels with 15mm Fr / 20mm Rr 7075-T6 from 1320 Performance but would much rather have gotten wheels with offset. The reason I found your thread is because I am about to purchase the StopTech slotted rotors (not getting drilled) I am still looking at which pads to pair them with but may just get either the Posi-Quiet ceramics or the Street pads, both which are lower dust less aggressive than sport. I am curious why you aren't doing the braided lines, not that I intend to either
Im not sure about the coils either thats why i posted, looking for a little more than a 2 inch drop and well built coil for around a grand. The pads i think im sticking with the street, this car will never come close to a track just need an upgrade from stock. The braided lines look good, but only needed for track use, for a $150 more I may still get them, but i think I've spent enough already,lol

Last edited by namegoeshere; 02-12-2018 at 12:27 PM.

post #4 of 11 Old 02-12-2018, 02:16 PM
CVT

I've always been weary of coilovers due to the common noises (creaks, clunks, etc) they make. Also, you'll need to keep your coilovers clean from all the sand and salt, since you live in New England, to ensure long term reliability. Do you have the budget to consider the HFP suspension? I'm strongly considering the HFP suspension myself as I do not like the slammed or mushy look of a lowered car, or the hit or miss reliability of coilovers.

2017 Accord Coupe | Touring | MSM
post #5 of 11 Old 02-13-2018, 10:42 AM
2nd Gear

When I was considering a suspension kit, I did almost pull the trigger on and Eibach pro alignment kit. I may go with Stoptech slotted and drilled rotors, and try a light couple of coats of VHT caliper paint in the slots and cross drilled holes to keep them rust free. My car sees about 2 or 3 thousand kms a year it is not a daily nor a track car, if it were i would use slotted only. I also plan to pull my calipers and have a shop that specializes in them make them white and maybe have a Honda emblem on them with clear coat . not sure what there process is, I'll hopefully speak to them today. The picture is how my car sits today, I have all the HFP emblems but haven't applied the wheel ones yet. Do I want more drop than the HFP suspensions gives, sometimes yes but I think it's resale value is better with OEM parts.
Attached Images

post #6 of 11 Old 02-13-2018, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
I've always been weary of coilovers due to the common noises (creaks, clunks, etc) they make. Also, you'll need to keep your coilovers clean from all the sand and salt, since you live in New England, to ensure long term reliability. Do you have the budget to consider the HFP suspension? I'm strongly considering the HFP suspension myself as I do not like the slammed or mushy look of a lowered car, or the hit or miss reliability of coilovers.
I have nothing against the HFP suspension, hear great things about it, but 1k for a 1 inch drop doesn't make sense to me. Coilovers are about the same price but i can go as low as i want and have adjustable dampening. i found out they make covers for the coils for driving in the winter, to protect from salt and sand, kinda like socks for them, lol

Quote:
When I was considering a suspension kit, I did almost pull the trigger on and Eibach pro alignment kit. I may go with Stoptech slotted and drilled rotors, and try a light couple of coats of VHT caliper paint in the slots and cross drilled holes to keep them rust free. My car sees about 2 or 3 thousand kms a year it is not a daily nor a track car, if it were i would use slotted only. I also plan to pull my calipers and have a shop that specializes in them make them white and maybe have a Honda emblem on them with clear coat . not sure what there process is, I'll hopefully speak to them today. The picture is how my car sits today, I have all the HFP emblems but haven't applied the wheel ones yet. Do I want more drop than the HFP suspensions gives, sometimes yes but I think it's resale value is better with OEM parts.
Very nice looking ride! That seems like a lot of work just for stock calipers, great idea but a lot of work, You should consider doing the 05 acura RL swap, they are 4 piston calipers, and you can shave off the acura part and make a honda logo if you want.
post #7 of 11 Old 02-13-2018, 11:37 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff19 View Post
You should consider doing the 05 acura RL swap, they are 4 piston calipers, and you can shave off the acura part and make a honda logo if you want.
I just looked at that option but what happens to the rear brakes, won't it look kind of awkward to have 12.8" rotor and a big caliper on the front and a wimpy stock rear setup?

post #8 of 11 Old 02-13-2018, 08:50 PM
4th Gear

I have the d2 coils and no complaints at all, they ride great. I have had many sets of coilovers from a lot of different companies and honestly most of them all come from the same factories in China and are labeled for the specific manufacture, unless you want to spend big money.
post #9 of 11 Old 02-14-2018, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
I just looked at that option but what happens to the rear brakes, won't it look kind of awkward to have 12.8" rotor and a big caliper on the front and a wimpy stock rear setup?
not sure if anybody has figured that out, i agree it would look a little awkward that way, but that front caliper looks soooooo much better than stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt McGirk View Post
I have the d2 coils and no complaints at all, they ride great. I have had many sets of coilovers from a lot of different companies and honestly most of them all come from the same factories in China and are labeled for the specific manufacture, unless you want to spend big money.
Ive had other people tell me the d2 have been the best, heard 1 bad review. I owned bc's on another car before with zero problems, kinda why im still torn
post #10 of 11 Old 02-14-2018, 11:11 AM
2nd Gear

Garage
[QUOTE=griff19;6349690]not sure if anybody has figured that out, i agree it would look a little awkward that way, but that front caliper looks soooooo much better than stock.

You can redo the rear with honda pilot rotors which are bigger. I'm doing all 4 of my brakes with RL up front. but the rear are a little more complicated than I would have hoped. You need Pilot rotors, rsx calipers, fastbrakes adapter, and integra pads.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elias For This Useful Post:
griff19 (02-14-2018)
post #11 of 11 Old 02-15-2018, 05:29 AM
1st Gear

Glad i found this thread. I am also looking into D2's and would like to know other peoples opinions on them.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.