BC Racing coilovers with custom spring rates - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-02-2017, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Join Date: Oct 2016
location: Winston Salem, North Carolina
Posts: 95
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
BC coilovers with Stance Parts air lift system

Hello all. I'm getting ready to buy a 2017 Accord Sport. I've been looking at different suspension options, and I've settled on a coilover/air cup setup. Here is what I'm thinking of.

BC Extreme Low Coilovers with Swift Spring upgrade


Stance Parts front and rear air cup system


Has anyone ever ran a setup similar to this?
I would imagine that I would need shorter springs in order for the air cups to fit over the springs and under the top mounts, but I could be wrong. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

NCSport47 is offline
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-06-2017, 04:19 AM
What am I doing

Join Date: Dec 2016
location: Portland
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why do an aircup when you can do full air struts for the same price ? Airlift is having 25% off this month should look into it

SMRAccord is offline
post #3 of 12 Old 02-06-2017, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Join Date: Oct 2016
location: Winston Salem, North Carolina
Posts: 95
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMRAccord View Post
Why do an aircup when you can do full air struts for the same price ? Airlift is having 25% off this month should look into it
Are the prices on their website the reduced prices? If so, I'd still be looking close to $4,000. I would definitely want a height and pressure based system.

My biggest reason for looking at air cups(along with price) is not ever having to worry about them bust. I would hate to have a bag pop and be stranded. I can get BC coilovers with upgraded swift springs and a front and rear aircup kit for about $2,300 shipped. Honestly, the roads where I live are not all that bad, and I could probably get away with just the coilovers. I've owned many cars that were "slammed." I mostly want the ability to raise my car when traveling into unknown territory.
NCSport47 is offline

post #4 of 12 Old 04-19-2017, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Join Date: Oct 2016
location: Winston Salem, North Carolina
Posts: 95
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
BC Racing coilovers with custom spring rates

I'm getting ready to order BC Racing Extreme Low coilovers and want to get custom spring rates. From my understanding, these are factory ordered at 8k front/6k rear. I plan on dropping the car quite a bit and will be running a fairly aggressive wheel setup. I want to run higher spring rates in order to keep the body of the car from bottom out in the wheel wells when hitting large bumps. Does anyone have any first hand experience with high spring rates on these cars? I used the search function and found very little information. I was thinking 12k front/10k rear or possibly even 14k front/12k rear. Hoping someone can chime in!
NCSport47 is offline
post #5 of 12 Old 04-20-2017, 09:03 PM
1st Gear

Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have 14k front 12k rear..pretty low and running 19x9.5 et 22 up front and 19x11 et 25 on the rear no problems
.
Attached Images
JDANKS is offline
post #6 of 12 Old 04-21-2017, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Join Date: Oct 2016
location: Winston Salem, North Carolina
Posts: 95
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDANKS View Post
I have 14k front 12k rear..pretty low and running 19x9.5 et 22 up front and 19x11 et 25 on the rear no problems
.
Thanks for the info! I see you own a coupe, which I imagine will be alot lighter than my sedan. How does your car ride with those spring rates?
NCSport47 is offline
post #7 of 12 Old 04-21-2017, 06:58 PM
1st Gear

Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Its not super comfy..not gonna lie to you..but its decent.lol
JDANKS is offline
post #8 of 12 Old 04-24-2017, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Join Date: Oct 2016
location: Winston Salem, North Carolina
Posts: 95
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDANKS View Post
Its not super comfy..not gonna lie to you..but its decent.lol
lol, thanks for the heads up. Looks like I may be going with 12k/10k.
NCSport47 is offline
post #9 of 12 Old 04-30-2017, 07:39 PM
1st Gear

Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSport47 View Post
I'm getting ready to order BC Racing Extreme Low coilovers and want to get custom spring rates. From my understanding, these are factory ordered at 8k front/6k rear. I plan on dropping the car quite a bit and will be running a fairly aggressive wheel setup. I want to run higher spring rates in order to keep the body of the car from bottom out in the wheel wells when hitting large bumps. Does anyone have any first hand experience with high spring rates on these cars? I used the search function and found very little information. I was thinking 12k front/10k rear or possibly even 14k front/12k rear. Hoping someone can chime in!
did you choose the extreme option? and what was your over lead time to build and ship. im getting ready to pull the trigger on some BC that I can order on ebay and get in a couple days or should I wait for a custom build thats 3 weeks out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSport47 View Post
Hello all. I'm getting ready to buy a 2017 Accord Sport. I've been looking at different suspension options, and I've settled on a coilover/air cup setup. Here is what I'm thinking of.

BC Extreme Low Coilovers with Swift Spring upgrade


Stance Parts front and rear air cup system


Has anyone ever ran a setup similar to this?
I would imagine that I would need shorter springs in order for the air cups to fit over the springs and under the top mounts, but I could be wrong. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
any updates on this set up? did you do any research on UMbrella VRH systems. Seems like these cups are all the same but wanted to know if you knew of any differences between them.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 05-01-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: merge
source1tx is offline
post #10 of 12 Old 05-01-2017, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Join Date: Oct 2016
location: Winston Salem, North Carolina
Posts: 95
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by source1tx View Post
did you choose the extreme option? and what was your over lead time to build and ship. im getting ready to pull the trigger on some BC that I can order on ebay and get in a couple days or should I wait for a custom build thats 3 weeks out.
I've actually not ordered yet. I'm waiting on the company that makes the air cups to give me instructions on how to order since they are a BC coilover distributor as well. They don't have the option to order as a combo deal on their website though. I'm starting to think I may go with the standard spring rates now. The company that makes the air cups said I may not get the full raise offered(2 inches) if I go with a higher spring rate. I guess I can try to standard rates and order higher rates if I absolutely have to.
NCSport47 is offline
post #11 of 12 Old 05-01-2017, 10:03 AM
1st Gear

Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSport47 View Post
I've actually not ordered yet. I'm waiting on the company that makes the air cups to give me instructions on how to order since they are a BC coilover distributor as well. They don't have the option to order as a combo deal on their website though. I'm starting to think I may go with the standard spring rates now. The company that makes the air cups said I may not get the full raise offered(2 inches) if I go with a higher spring rate. I guess I can try to standard rates and order higher rates if I absolutely have to.
keep me posted im ready to make a move myself just dont know which route is going to be best.
source1tx is offline
post #12 of 12 Old 05-01-2017, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Join Date: Oct 2016
location: Winston Salem, North Carolina
Posts: 95
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by source1tx View Post
keep me posted im ready to make a move myself just dont know which route is going to be best.
Will do. It will probably be a few weeks before they arrive and I have time to install them. As far as I can tell, I'll be the first to do a coilover/air cup combo. Everyone seems to be running bags, coilovers, or springs only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by source1tx View Post
any updates on this set up? did you do any research on UMbrella VRH systems. Seems like these cups are all the same but wanted to know if you knew of any differences between them.
I didn't do any research on the Umbrella VRH system. I saw where some VIP cars ran that kit, but it looks like the Stance Parts kit is more affordable. I think it comes out to being like $950 shipped for 4 cups, compressor, tank, and all the lines. I've read quite a bit of good reviews on their kit as well, and I have no intention to track my car, so hopefully it will serve to desired purpose.

Last edited by namegoeshere; 05-01-2017 at 11:21 AM. Reason: merge
NCSport47 is offline
Advertisement

Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to


Related pages


driving with catalytic converter problems2001 honda civic transmission removalmoto x qi chargingaccord sport vs civic sip0420 catalyst efficiency low bank 1put auxiliary input your carrvinyl headlight tinthavoline oil reviewhonda accord 5th gen2002 honda accord fan not workingcv1 wheels2005 honda accord stereo installation kitjbl ms8walmart oil filter wrenchbosch icon 26awww cravenspeed com2006 honda pilot rimsaftermarket auxiliary inputcivic vs ilxacura tl 2003 headlightallshare cast dongle1996 honda accord speedometer not workingcvt fluid change costcost power steering flushwet okole seat coverhonda accord 1996 timing belt replacementhonda fuel injectorescort 8500 manualbrake caliper pistons2006 acura tsx front liploose gas cap symptomsalpine type r 12 5th genoverfill coolant reservoir2006 honda ridgeline check engine light2002 honda civic transmission replacement costgearbox mount symptomstire discounter rimspython 5706p reviewturbo 9th gen civichonda accord sport lease dealsvip curtainsawrs wheel repair reviewsthermoquiet ceramic brake pads2002 honda civic torque converter clutch solenoidhonda of america complaints5w30 vs 10w30 motor oilvsa button on honda crvcobra cable chains2009 honda fit tpms resetwhat is a cvt transmission problemsreplacement viper alarm remote98 honda accord body kitdiscount tire 1832004 honda crv oil filter locationaha radio reviewallshare cast dongle samsungtiming chain stretchedhonda odyssey oil filter2005 honda accord door lock actuator350z oem wheelsreplace power steering fluid1993 honda accord alternator2004 honda accord timing beltcost to replace an airbagtire size honda civic 2005atf for hondacar making loud screeching noise1996 silver honda accordled fog lights vs hidthayer honda bowling green ohioplasti dip wintertow hook benen2012 honda civic econ gas mileage2013 honda accord cvt problemsheadlight spray tintbroken sway bar2005 acura tsx airbag lightdtc code p0420p0420 error codesleeping in a honda element1993 honda accord oil