Solved HFP Suspension Differences - Old vs New - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
10Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 02-03-2017, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Solved HFP Suspension Differences - Old vs New

Okay folks, solved the mystery around the differences of the old vs new HFP Suspension for the 9th gen coupes...you know what's are the difference between kits with part # 08W60-T3M-100 and 08W60-T3M-101.

After spending an hour of so sifting through parts diagrams and doing comparisons in EXCEL, turns out it's not very much.

Hightlights:
  • There are ZERO differences in the Dampers or Springs (F or R) for either the MT or AT kits
  • It's actually just the flange nuts that attach the Rear shocks to the shock tower which are different
  • So no advantage/disadvantage old vs the new

Parts Diagram Image and Comparisons below (including legend to explain differences)

Attached Images

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

16 Accord Coupe 6-6
04 S2000
13 Odyssey Touring
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 02-03-2017, 08:03 AM
2nd Gear

Wow, what a price difference for two nuts!

Thanks for taking the time to investigate that.

Bob
Master Sergeant, USAF (retired)
post #3 of 38 Old 02-03-2017, 09:03 AM
3rd Gear

thanks for putting this together! I hope to pick up a set one day for my coupe. I see transmission makes a difference; can your or anyone confirm its the same kit regardless if you have a V6 or I4?

post #4 of 38 Old 02-03-2017, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

This accessory is only listed for the V6 Coupe cars on all the Honda Parts diagrams/websites. It likely fits the 4 cylinders too, but there is no listing associated with those cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redryan98 View Post
thanks for putting this together! I hope to pick up a set one day for my coupe. I see transmission makes a difference; can your or anyone confirm its the same kit regardless if you have a V6 or I4?
post #5 of 38 Old 02-04-2017, 03:11 AM
2nd Gear

I had posted something back in November asking about the differences between the two suspension kits, and I was holding out for some more details such as typer_801 provided.

So yesterday, my search resumed, with the idea of purchasing the 08W60-T3M-100 kit, which several sources had assured me would fit on my 2016 Accord Coupe V6. During my search, I received this reply from a potential seller:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello
This suspension kit is not compatible with your 2016 Accord coupe. There is no sport suspension kit available for this vehicle.
Thank you
HondaPro James
4475 Lincoln Avenue
Lisle, IL 60532
(630)852-7200
Hondapartsnetwork.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, if the nuts are the only difference, why wouldn't this suspension fit?

Bob
post #6 of 38 Old 02-07-2017, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Because these parts counter folks simply look at what Honda lists and that part # clearly is not listed for the 2016. They're not going to go through the analysis I did to see if a part will fits other model years or what the differences are in the kits.

And FWIW, there are cheaper places to get the kit too. DIYSeller360 has the kit ending in ...101 for $719 INCLUDING shipping.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

16 Accord Coupe 6-6
04 S2000
13 Odyssey Touring
The Following User Says Thank You to typer_801 For This Useful Post:
padrel (02-07-2017)
post #7 of 38 Old 02-07-2017, 11:18 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah, I found the kit ending in...101 from two other eBay sellers, but after contacting them learned, in both cases, that the kits were actually ...100. One even replied that there was no difference between the two, and that Honda wouldn't release the 101 kits until all the 100 kits were gone.

Thanks for the seller info. I'll go through the same drill, will contact them and wait for a reply (half the battle is seeing what type of reply they send, which often says a lot about their knowledge and willingness to help).

Have you ordered the kit and installed it yet?

Bob
post #8 of 38 Old 02-08-2017, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Buying a used kit from a local buyer (only 1K miles on it).

-

16 Accord Coupe 6-6
04 S2000
13 Odyssey Touring
post #9 of 38 Old 02-09-2017, 10:27 AM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by typer_801 View Post
Buying a used kit from a local buyer (only 1K miles on it).
Tried to PM you, no luck. I'd appreciate being kept informed of your progress.

Bob
post #10 of 38 Old 02-10-2017, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Will do, I'll post after I install.

-

16 Accord Coupe 6-6
04 S2000
13 Odyssey Touring
post #11 of 38 Old 02-14-2017, 06:48 AM
1st Gear

Oh wow that's very interesting. Just two bolts different, I already have the hfp setup so it doesn't make a difference for me however for future buyers may be interested in knowing this!
post #12 of 38 Old 02-14-2017, 06:51 AM
3rd Gear

for those who have installed these, how's the ride. I've tried searching for reviews (specific to 9th gen) and haven't found much. I'd like a very mild drop and it sounds like HFP is my only option, just curious how much stiffer the ride is compared to stock.

Thanks!
post #13 of 38 Old 02-14-2017, 11:10 AM
2nd Gear

Specific to 9th gen up to MY 15 isn't an issue. However, 9.5 gen (MY 16 and 17) might be an issue, depending on who you talk to.

Bob
post #14 of 38 Old 02-16-2017, 05:52 PM
2nd Gear

Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redryan98 View Post
for those who have installed these, how's the ride. I've tried searching for reviews (specific to 9th gen) and haven't found much. I'd like a very mild drop and it sounds like HFP is my only option, just curious how much stiffer the ride is compared to stock.

Thanks!
I have a 2015 Accord EX-L Coupe and wanted to bring it down to a nice height. I went with H&R Sport Springs which after approx 5k miles have sagged into a nice even drop of about 1" 3/4" in the rear and about 1" 1/2"in the front. I still have the stock 18" wheels on it and the ride is noticeably stiffer but not to the point that it is annoying. I would also recommend swapping out the rear sway bar for this one. The one from Throw Down Performance will run you just under $250 but well worth it in my opinion. Or you can go with the black 22mm one I purchased from Progress Auto for $175.

The one from Progress Auto is black and not white but I can tell you it is 1 1/2 times the size in diameter as the stock one. The link I gave you to the Throw Down Performance one is white and I believe is 22mm, but I would check with them first. You will definitely notice a much flatter ride in the rear of the car with very little body roll even under fast cornering. They also make one for the front strut towers at a very reasonable $150.

I also replaced the stock rear shocks with these nice KYB's

As for the fronts I left the factory struts on there knowing that I will have to replace them soon, I have just been waiting to one to come out that I like that is not a coil over. I would definitely look into the H&R springs as I had them on my 3-series BMW along with Bilstein struts and they never let me down, plus the price is very affordable.

2015 San Marino Red V-6 Accord Coupe
Complete HFP Body Kit
RV6 J-pipe
RV6 PCD's
Takada 304 Mid-Pipe w/4" diameter resonator
KTuner
25mm H&R wheel spacers Rear
20mm H&R wheel spacers Front
H&R Sport Springs
Progress Auto 22mm RSB
Ultra Racing Front Strut tower bar
3M Clear Bra entire front + complete hood instead of 30% leading edge
Morimoto 6500K HID headlights
Weather Tec Floormats
OG Member of the "No Feet Hands Only" Driver's Club
post #15 of 38 Old 02-16-2017, 08:39 PM
V6 6MT CBP

Garage
The HFP gives about a .8-.9" drop, and firms it up, but not annoying either.

Also, take F1's advice and upgrade the rear sway bar - The Progress 22mm bar does a great job for the money.

2003 I4-AT LX Sedan (Girls car)
2003 V6-6MT HFP Coupe (Now the boys car)
2015 V6-6MT Coupe
Advertisement

Tags
08w60-t3m-100, 08w60-t3m-101, hfp suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.