Will wheel locks work with Enkei Raijin Wheels? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 02-29-2016, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Will wheel locks work with Enkei Raijin Wheels?

Will locking lugs fit on Enkei Tuning Raijin Wheels? I was looking at the gorilla guard lugs, the ones with the outer sleeve that spins. Tire rack says they won't fit but I was wondering if anyone here has tried them?

Yes, I know locking lugs won't stop a determined thief and I might as well put them on the curb with a bow on them

2013 Accord I4 EX Sedan, Modern Steel Metallic, 6-speed - RV6 Downpipe, EXLED Strip light, OEM dual exhaust, TL Shift Knob, Leather Steering Wheel, Rear Bumper Garnish, Hidden Hitch.
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-29-2016, 12:00 PM
4th Gear

Think you need Tuner Lock Nuts, and not sure Gorilla makes them. Reviewn info here for McGuard:

2016 Touring Coupe
Deep Blue Opal Metallic
post #3 of 11 Old 02-29-2016, 12:09 PM
CD5 to CR2

Garage
You'll have to find out the shank diameter (inner and outer) and length of the locks in relation to the wheel bolt holes. Most after market wheels require "tuner" nuts as their diameter are smaller than stock. Remember that not only the lock has to fit, but also the key over the lock.

2015 Accord Sport CVT, White Orchid Pearl

post #4 of 11 Old 03-03-2016, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

It turns out the Gorilla Guard locks with the spinning sleeve do fit Now, should I buy a second set and have two per wheel?

2013 Accord I4 EX Sedan, Modern Steel Metallic, 6-speed - RV6 Downpipe, EXLED Strip light, OEM dual exhaust, TL Shift Knob, Leather Steering Wheel, Rear Bumper Garnish, Hidden Hitch.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-03-2016, 12:37 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachronism View Post
It turns out the Gorilla Guard locks with the spinning sleeve do fit Now, should I buy a second set and have two per wheel?
They are not ball style they are conical. I had spoken to Gorilla specifically about these, and Gorilla DOES NOT recommend them for Hondas. "They may seem to fit well, but eventually you might be subjecting yourself to problems with the wheels, so we strongly suggest you look at the proper options." They suggest the 38433N SYSTEM (20 lugs kit) that is specifically for the Hondas. Their catalog shows 38433XL, but those are new design and not available yet. Told me difference is the "XL" version are .40" taller. Could not give me availability date and said they have not received their first shipment yet.

2016 Touring Coupe
Deep Blue Opal Metallic
post #6 of 11 Old 03-03-2016, 01:31 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebxr View Post
They are not ball style they are conical. I had spoken to Gorilla specifically about these, and Gorilla DOES NOT recommend them for Hondas. "They may seem to fit well, but eventually you might be subjecting yourself to problems with the wheels, so we strongly suggest you look at the proper options." They suggest the 38433N SYSTEM (20 lugs kit) that is specifically for the Hondas.

Or he can purchase ball seat adapters for the conical locks.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-03-2016, 01:45 PM
5th Gear

I have the 38443N System on my 19" 2016 Sport wheels...no problems... You can get them on Amazon..$42.57...

2016 Accord Sedan Sport CVT Lunar Silver/Black
2013 Accord Sedan EXLV6 Navi/Basque Red Pearl II/Ivory (Lease Return)
2003 Accord Sedan EXLV6 Graphite Pearl/Gray (Sold)
post #8 of 11 Old 03-03-2016, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebxr View Post
They are not ball style they are conical. I had spoken to Gorilla specifically about these, and Gorilla DOES NOT recommend them for Hondas. "They may seem to fit well, but eventually you might be subjecting yourself to problems with the wheels, so we strongly suggest you look at the proper options." They suggest the 38433N SYSTEM (20 lugs kit) that is specifically for the Hondas. Their catalog shows 38433XL, but those are new design and not available yet. Told me difference is the "XL" version are .40" taller. Could not give me availability date and said they have not received their first shipment yet.
Are they saying 'they do not recommend them for hondas' or 'they do not recommend them for Honda WHEELS'? I have aftermarket wheels that use a conical style lug.

post #9 of 11 Old 03-03-2016, 02:12 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachronism View Post
Are they saying 'they do not recommend them for hondas' or 'they do not recommend them for Honda WHEELS'? I have aftermarket wheels that use a conical style lug.
Not recommended for OEM Honda wheels. I have aftermarket wheels that take conical (winter wheels), and I have separate set with ball for OEM summer wheels.

What they told me is that if your wheels are the ball style (i.e. HONDA OEM), using conical may appear to be okay, but will lead to issues because of not seating themselves into the wheel as intended.

2016 Touring Coupe
Deep Blue Opal Metallic
post #10 of 11 Old 03-03-2016, 04:09 PM
5th Gear

Kinda funny this thread was going.
Just ordered Enkei Lusso wheels for my '11.

Was looking for hub rings as well. Called Tirerack and talked to them. Literally 5 minutes later, done and on the way.

8 hub rings ($1.50 each) $6 was worth it for an extra set.
20 lugs (closed end chrome splined) and the socket to use.

Less than $50 shipped.

Call 'em. I usually do everything online. This was ridiculously fast and they answered quick.
post #11 of 11 Old 10-07-2017, 07:52 AM
CVT

1.5 years later....

Two or more wheel locks per wheel, along with a shock or tilt senor added to your factory car alarm will definitely enhance wheel theft prevention.

2017 Accord Coupe | Touring | MSM

Last edited by namegoeshere; 10-07-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.