14 Sport with Niche targa wheels - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-03-2014, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

14 Sport with Niche targa wheels

This is simply an informational thread regarding my experiences. I've noticed for some reason some members like to bash others in their choice of wheels. I simply choose these because they worked for my budget and needs, this is my daily driver and I just didnt want it to look so stock, I'm not expecting some on here to like this style, I just wanted to help out others that may be looking for info regarding these. To each his own, on to the specs.

2014 Sport with 20x8.5 targas with 35mm offset, tires are 245/35/20 toyo extensa hp. I went with a square setup simply so I could rotate easily. The car is lowered on h&r sport springs with camber arms, rear camber set at 1.5, front is at .8 right now. Rim and tire combo are within one pound of the stock 18" combo. Ride is still rather smooth and handling was noticeable improved, fuel economy stayed the same.

Attached Images

2014 ACCORD SPORT
The Following User Says Thank You to cbrtrx For This Useful Post:
toad37 (10-03-2014)
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Out of Control

Looks good, sometimes I wish I went with that color, anthracite or black.

2013 Accord Coupe EX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

25.4MM TLX RSB
5K 35W TRS HID
Roof Spoiler
5% Tint, 50% Windshield
Takeda SRI
H&R Springs
Single to Dual Magnaflows, Axle-Back:
(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
V6 Headlight (LED DRL Strip):
(
)

Gentex Auto-Dimming w/ Homelink (DIY):
(
)
Cabin Air Filter (DIY):
(
)
Viper Remote Start for Push-To-Start (DIY)
(
)
post #3 of 16 Old 10-03-2014, 05:15 PM
6th Gear

Who cares what others may think or feel as long as it works for you. That's all that matters. AT least we all seem to agree that the Accord is a decent vehicle at a decent price. Enjoy your new Sport.

'14 BRP EXL I4 Sedan
'15 NGP ES 350 V6 Sedan

post #4 of 16 Old 10-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Thunder Up!

^ This.

I like the color and wheel style. Would it look better with concave? Yeah, but I'm sure you'd get into some nasty camber, tire stretch, etc.

'15 WOP v6 sedan
'17 Lux. XT5 AWD
post #5 of 16 Old 10-03-2014, 06:07 PM
2nd Gear

Looks excellent man! Very cool.
post #6 of 16 Old 10-03-2014, 10:46 PM
1st Gear

Im seriously considering this in the size 20x8.5fr 20x10r. How do you guys think itll look on wop?
post #7 of 16 Old 10-03-2014, 11:11 PM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post
^ This.

I like the color and wheel style. Would it look better with concave? Yeah, but I'm sure you'd get into some nasty camber, tire stretch, etc.
Mine is concave, with no stretch and factory spec alignment.

2013 Accord Coupe EX

25.4MM TLX RSB
5K 35W TRS HID
Roof Spoiler
5% Tint, 50% Windshield
Takeda SRI
H&R Springs
Single to Dual Magnaflows, Axle-Back:
(
)
V6 Headlight (LED DRL Strip):
(
)

Gentex Auto-Dimming w/ Homelink (DIY):
(
)
Cabin Air Filter (DIY):
(
)
Viper Remote Start for Push-To-Start (DIY)
(
)
post #8 of 16 Old 10-04-2014, 12:43 AM
1st Gear

Love the look. Your Accord looks great!
post #9 of 16 Old 10-06-2014, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Thanks guys for the kind words.

2014 ACCORD SPORT
post #10 of 16 Old 10-08-2014, 06:47 AM
JZP
Tampa FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrtrx View Post
This is simply an informational thread regarding my experiences. I've noticed for some reason some members like to bash others in their choice of wheels. I simply choose these because they worked for my budget and needs, this is my daily driver and I just didnt want it to look so stock, I'm not expecting some on here to like this style, I just wanted to help out others that may be looking for info regarding these. To each his own, on to the specs.

2014 Sport with 20x8.5 targas with 35mm offset, tires are 245/35/20 toyo extensa hp. I went with a square setup simply so I could rotate easily. The car is lowered on h&r sport springs with camber arms, rear camber set at 1.5, front is at .8 right now. Rim and tire combo are within one pound of the stock 18" combo. Ride is still rather smooth and handling was noticeable improved, fuel economy stayed the same.
very nice; did you get them locally here in Tampa; or did you order online? I have been looking for a nice set of wheels at a good price; do you mind if I ask how much did they set you back?

Thanks, hope to see you on the road!!!

2014 MSM Accord Sport 6MT, Leather seats with red stitching, tint, all weather floor mats, cargo tray
2016 Kia Sorento EX V6 with Touring package

Previous:
- 2016 Kia Sorento EX V6 (Wife's Car)
- 2006 Accord EX V6 Auto (traded)
- 2008 Blue SUBARU Tribeca
- 1992 Civic hatch w/ B16b and JDM LSD 5MT transmission, 16" volcano wheels, red Recaro racing seats, all JDM interior (too much $$$ now I regret it)
-1988 white Accord DX Coupe 5MT (my very first car)
post #11 of 16 Old 10-08-2014, 11:03 AM
'13 Accord Sport

Garage
Nice!
Can you post a picture from the Rear/Front?

'13 Accord Sport CVT - ASM, 18x8 ASA GT5
OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs- H11, LED switch-backs, LED Rear Tail-Lights, Intake, Ktuner ... done
post #12 of 16 Old 10-11-2014, 11:39 PM
3rd Gear

Car looks great. I was considering those wheels as well. Keep up the good work.

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport
MSM
K Sport Coilovers
20 x 8.5" Ace Convex Alloys
TL AWD Sway Bar
HID low beam and fog lights
LED's DRL, Full interior and Back up lights
Sport Horns
Debadged
post #13 of 16 Old 10-14-2014, 06:13 AM
1st Gear

cbrtrx, what finish are those wheels? anthracite or gun metal
post #14 of 16 Old 10-14-2014, 08:26 AM
1st Gear

I like it a lot! Where'd you get them from?

2014 EX-L V6

35% Tint all around
5k HIDs Xenex ballasts w/ Morimoto bulbs
5k exLED fogs
5k exLED custom interior lighting
exLED bumper reflectors
Rear decklid spoiler
post #15 of 16 Old 10-14-2014, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stran97 View Post
cbrtrx, what finish are those wheels? anthracite or gun metal
They are anthracite, its a matte finish.

2014 ACCORD SPORT
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.