Grey or Gunmetal Wheels (Are they same color) on a Modern Steel Metallic V6 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
2Likes
  • 1 Post By bs2k1
  • 1 Post By Taz69
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 07-30-2014, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Talking Grey or Gunmetal Wheels (Are they same color) on a Modern Steel Metallic V6

I think I've had it already this past week-

It was nice to be the only Modern Steel Metallic EXL-V6 Sedan around town until a bunch of newbies arrived with their plate-less new cars. Now I'm seeing other MSM's like 3 or 4 a day now. Yikes!!!

I think it's time for a makeover to distance myself from the clones-

From the following 2 wheels shown below, can I get a show of hands as to what wheel color you would put on your MSM, if you had one:

(I know, I know, some of you guys would say WTH does he want one of these for, these wheels are inferior, they suck, yata, yata, yata. I'm on a tight budget, so if you guys have better suggestions, by all means, suggest away!!- Thanks all for participating!!)

By the way, if it's any consolation, these wheels are only a whopping 22lbs each. I'm looking at getting 18x8 w/+45 offset.

(A)- Charcoal Grey

Name: Drag_34_A.jpg
Views: 2122
Size: 24.7 KB

or (B)- Gunmetal Machined Lip

Name: Drag_34_B.jpg
Views: 2244
Size: 96.6 KB

Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-30-2014, 05:19 PM
3rd Gear

First one....They are a nice look, but going to look small on your accord. I would look into 19" for a better look.

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport
MSM
K Sport Coilovers
20 x 8.5" Ace Convex Alloys
TL AWD Sway Bar
HID low beam and fog lights
LED's DRL, Full interior and Back up lights
Sport Horns
Debadged
post #3 of 15 Old 07-30-2014, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ockevin View Post
First one....They are a nice look, but going to look small on your accord. I would look into 19" for a better look.
I think these things only go up to 18x8 and no bigger.

I was thinking of retaining 18 tires to preserve smooth ride. 19 could get a little bumpy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ockevin View Post
Now that I think about it, how could it look smaller than stock wheels now?

The wheel is increasing in diameter but the tire diameter remains the same. Only threads getting wider and sidewall getting more narrow.

Is it me or am I visualizing this whole thing incorrectly?

post #4 of 15 Old 07-31-2014, 11:35 AM
on2
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs2k1 View Post
I think these things only go up to 18x8 and no bigger.

I was thinking of retaining 18 tires to preserve smooth ride. 19 could get a little bumpy.
You will not perceive a difference in ride quality/comfort between 18" and 19" wheels.
post #5 of 15 Old 08-06-2014, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by on2 View Post
You will not perceive a difference in ride quality/comfort between 18" and 19" wheels.
I would have to disagree with that- the 18s I just had installed have a wider thread (235) and much thinner sidewall (45) and is more sensitive to small bumps on the road. I can feel them more noticeably now, where in the stock tires dampened the sensitivity.

On the other hand, there is a big, big difference in handling and feel of vehicle. The wheel/tire combo is now a combined weight of 48.5 lbs for each pair and is super lightweight. Combine that with the electric power steering and you can really feel the difference when turning the wheels up front.

I'm happy with my setup.
post #6 of 15 Old 08-06-2014, 05:05 PM
4th Gear

what color? photos?

1985 Prelude, anthracite (still rollin')
1998 Accord Sedan, black (good riddance, you piece of junk)
2013 Accord Coupe, silver
post #7 of 15 Old 08-07-2014, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by niseicruise View Post
what color? photos?
Scratch the wheels above- I went with these beauties instead:

18x8 Drag DR-49 Charcoal Grey
235/45/18s
Michelin Primacys MXM4

Wheels- 22lbs
Tires- 26lbs
Total per wheel: 48lbs

Ride response- just like floating in the air- combined with electric power steering, the car has tremendously became much, much, much lighter and I feel it when the car is rolling down the road and especially when going into a turn.

More pics to come in the photo thread.
Attached Images
MackDaddy likes this.
post #8 of 15 Old 08-09-2014, 06:21 AM
No Traction

+47 offset?
post #9 of 15 Old 08-09-2014, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd sammy View Post
+47 offset?
+45
post #10 of 15 Old 08-10-2014, 12:17 AM
1st Gear

the fact that you just put drag brand wheels on ur car is upsetting plus the fact u pretty much just put factory size rims on there as well..don't hit any pot holes or its going to be cya later rims
post #11 of 15 Old 08-10-2014, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoobastnk90 View Post
the fact that you just put drag brand wheels on ur car is upsetting plus the fact u pretty much just put factory size rims on there as well..don't hit any pot holes or its going to be cya later rims
Let me respond back to your comments, if I may do so:

I put on the wheels that I want to put on my car- you put on what you want to put on yours. Explain in detail why putting Drag brand wheels on my car is upsetting you?

We all would like to know..............

If you want to spend 3x the amount on other brand names out there, you go ahead and do that just to satisfy your ego if it just gives you that much peace of mind. I've made my choice and I'm happy. Does that bother you a bit?

We would all like to know...............

And if memory serves me right, you own a coupe- Please get the facts straight on an EXL-V6 Sedan- Factory OEM sized wheels are 17's not 18's, so I'm not essentially putting on factory size rims on there.

Perhaps your mind has been diluted with the many pics posted on this website from owners who chose to highlight their higher-end wheels. Then again, it was their choice as with mine to choose whatever brand they want to put on their vehicles.

Show me a website or please post a link that shows anything bad or negative in regards to the Drag brand installed on 9th Gen Hondas, if you may. We would all like to be enlightened with such information.

And let me add another thing while I have your attention- I know perfectly well not to dive right into a pothole or even thinking of going through one at all. The 45's are not thick enough to absorb any such impact. Besides, we don't have potholes in our part of the US or even where I live for that matter. All the roads that I will be travelling on in this vehicle are well taken care of as this will be my daily driver.

I appreciate your concern, but I will be extra cautious when such situations will arise, and if I do run into any issues regarding this particular brand wheel I chose for my ride, guess what?? I'll be the first to post it and you'll be the first trolling for it. Fair enough?
The Following User Says Thank You to bs2k1 For This Useful Post:
6spd sammy (08-10-2014)
post #12 of 15 Old 08-11-2014, 04:52 PM
5th Gear

I want to change the color/finish on my chrome 5zigen gravis 1 wheels to better match my MSM. I was quoted for 350 for one coat and 450 for two coats. Was wondering if that was a good price. I might just plastidip (don't flame me bro)

--2013 Accord Touring Modern Steel
Mods:
20% tints all around

--2008 Accord i4 NHB Coupe EX-L w/ Navi (TOTALED JUNE 27TH, 2013)
Mods:
19x8.5 5Zigen Gravis I Wheels
20% tints sides and rear
Deck Lid spoiler
3M Roof Spoiler
Takeda Short Ram Intake
Chrome Door Handles
6000K 35w HIDs in lows
3000k 35w HIDs in fogs
Debadged

Future Mods:
Coilovers/Springs
Dual Magnaflow Mufflers
HFP Kit
post #13 of 15 Old 08-11-2014, 05:21 PM
4th Gear

I doubt paint will stick well to chrome. They may have to scuff it first. On that note, is a light sand blasting an option, or will that just damage/chip the chrome? It'll be much cheaper than paint. And if it is still too shiny, it'll be partly prepped for paint.

If you plastidip, just don't go black, maybe silver or dark gray.

1985 Prelude, anthracite (still rollin')
1998 Accord Sedan, black (good riddance, you piece of junk)
2013 Accord Coupe, silver
post #14 of 15 Old 09-06-2017, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoobastnk90 View Post
3 years and still running- still no issues
post #15 of 15 Old 09-09-2017, 09:11 AM
3rd Gear

I went with these wheels and tires. Wheels 20lbs and my tires 23lbs.

Attached Images
15Accord likes this.

2017 TOURING Modern steel
RV6 HFPC
XLR8 j-pipe.
Borla axle back.
K-Tuner
LED swap license plate light /reverse light.
Progress 22mm rear sway bar.
Ceramic tint.
18" HPD Racing wheels for the Civic.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.