accord coupe lowering springs - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-21-2014, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

accord coupe lowering springs

Thought I'd start a thread about lowering springs for the coupes.

I don't want to spend money on coilovers for my leased car but I still want to drop it by an inch or 2.

Can you guys with lowered accord coupes on springs please upload pictures and specify what model springs you have??

Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-21-2014, 02:29 PM
4th Gear

If you're going that low you might as well get the coils because there is no way your oem shocks will be able to handle the drop.

and by them time you buy your springs and replacement shocks, you'll have spent just about the same as a good set of coilovers.

'14 Modern Steel Metallic
'14 Basque Red Pearl
post #3 of 9 Old 05-21-2014, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

There's many people on H&R springs on OEM shocks out there. I don't feel too threatened on blowing out my struts as the car is not driven aggressively. I'll be putting maybe another 60-70K KMs (roughly 40K miles) before i return the car. My understanding is as long as you're not off-roading or driving aggressively, stock struts on an accord should last relatively long on mild drops.

If I decide to go with a 2" drop, TruHart is apparently releasing sport struts for roughly $300 which is still near half price of a coilover setup.

post #4 of 9 Old 05-21-2014, 02:46 PM
2008 Accord Coupe EX

Yep springs alone with no after market shocks will destory your factory shocks
post #5 of 9 Old 05-21-2014, 04:37 PM
on2
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoAccrdCpe View Post
There's many people on H&R springs on OEM shocks out there. I don't feel too threatened on blowing out my struts as the car is not driven aggressively. I'll be putting maybe another 60-70K KMs (roughly 40K miles) before i return the car. My understanding is as long as you're not off-roading or driving aggressively, stock struts on an accord should last relatively long on mild drops.

If I decide to go with a 2" drop, TruHart is apparently releasing sport struts for roughly $300 which is still near half price of a coilover setup.
The bigger the drop the less life you will get out of the factory dampers.

A 1" drop should last the 40K you will put on your Accord before returning assuming you are not off roading or rallying your Accord.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-21-2014, 06:03 PM
It's a Coupe or nothing

I guess I may find out. I am planning on the TEIN coilovers when mine need replaced.

2013 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 A/T Nav
Tiger-eye Pearl
Clear 3M Mask
OEM splash guards
WeatherTech DigitalFit floor Mats
H&R Sport Springs
Horn upgrade
post #7 of 9 Old 05-21-2014, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdanbo View Post
I guess I may find out. I am planning on the TEIN coilovers when mine need replaced.
Do you have pictures of your current setup?
What springs are you using?
post #8 of 9 Old 05-22-2014, 04:35 AM
4th Gear

I still have a set of TEIN S-Techs at my house waiting to go in but I haven't had the time to install.
I'm a bit nervous to put them onto my stock struts since they already have 60K on them...
Don't know if it will help you by the time I finally get to install them but I will post pics after I'm done.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-22-2014, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Is there anyone with H&R springs on their coupes here?
I want to see a side view picture of the drop.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.