rims help 9th gen - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
3Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 02-26-2014, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

rims help 9th gen

i was gonna get either 19x9.5 or 18x9.5 but im not sure what offset it has to be. like whats the max and whats the lowest? and does lowest mean more out? or in? and i was planning to lower my car later on

Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-26-2014, 11:31 PM
1st Gear

Do you have the coupe or the sedan?

You might want to consider lowering the car first so you can see how much room you have to work with. For the coupe (thats what I have), my personal opinion is 18s are too small, so you definitely want to go with the 19's. From there, offsets work like this, the lower the number (eg: +25), the further the wheel pushes out. the bigger the number (eg: +45) the more "sunk" in it is.

Once you're lowered, you need to decide if you will want/need a rear camber kit. SPC is a good option if you do. Its pricier than Megans, etc., but I personally like the quality of the SPC.

Depending on how low you get, and how you decide to setup your car's camber, thats when you'll be able to determine what offset you want on the wheels to achieve for the look you want. Thats what I did to achieve mine to look like this:

Not for everyone, but to me it is exactly what I wanted. Your style and stance might vary.

Good luck!

keyun21, kushispro and arkangel like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cricket For This Useful Post:
kushispro (07-23-2016), SMiGGs (08-04-2014)
post #3 of 16 Old 02-26-2014, 11:38 PM
Former H Master Tech

Max offset is the lowest offset. Lower the offset, the further your wheel's centerline is away from the hub (think wider stance). Go with at least 19" wheels or you will regret it, the 9th gen has large wheel wells to fill. Your offset will depend on how much of a tire stretch you want to run, how low the car will be and how much camber you will be running. With a lowered car, OEM camber specs and a mild stretch +35 in the rear and +48 front with 19x9.5 all around is safe but slight poke. I would suggest staggered wheels though, like 19x8.5 Front and 19x9.5 rear with +35 for both.

SOLD14' Accord Sport CVT- 19x10/8.5 Vossen CV1, K-Sport Coilovers, Touring LED Headlights & Taillights, HID fogs, exLED int lights, SPC camber kit, TL-SH RSB, 15% tint, MB Quart Speakers & 8" Sub, JBL amp, PIAA Horns, Injen CAI, HFP body kit, Rem Start... ect

post #4 of 16 Old 02-26-2014, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

i got the sedan and i have 16 inches on there rn and if i was gonna lower it i wanted to lower it back down to the same height i have right now wiht 16 on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post

You might want to consider lowering the car first so you can see how much room you have to work with. For the coupe (thats what I have), my personal opinion is 18s are too small, so you definitely want to go with the 19's. From there, offsets work like this, the lower the number (eg: +25), the further the wheel pushes out. the bigger the number (eg: +45) the more "sunk" in it is.

Once you're lowered, you need to decide if you will want/need a rear camber kit. SPC is a good option if you do. Its pricier than Megans, etc., but I personally like the quality of the SPC.

Depending on how low you get, and how you decide to setup your car's camber, thats when you'll be able to determine what offset you want on the wheels to achieve for the look you want. Thats what I did to achieve mine to look like this:

Not for everyone, but to me it is exactly what I wanted. Your style and stance might vary.

Good luck!
i like my height right now with my 16 inches on. i wanted to get 19x9.5 all already idk if its good that way or front 19x8.5 and rear 19x9.5 but after i get 19 rims i was gonna lower it back to the same height as i was on 16s
post #5 of 16 Old 07-31-2014, 10:18 PM
1st Gear

Quote:

Good luck!
Cricket these wheels rock. Did you get the reverse or stepped rim barrel, and what were your offsets? I believe you said they were 20x10.5 in back and 20x9 in front. Also, what brand and tire size did you go with?

I really hope cricket still comes by...it would stink to have finally decided on a direction for my mods only to fall short on tire and offset info...
post #6 of 16 Old 08-04-2014, 05:50 AM
2nd Gear

Cricket nailed it.

Another option I've seen work is 19x8.5 square setup with et 45. Probably need a spacer on the rears to get a flush look. That's probably more on the conservative side...best of luck.

2013 Black/Black Accord EX-L V6 Sedan w/o Navi
-20% tint
-ExLed Interior kit
-Decklid Spoiler
-LED Fogs
-TLX 25.4mm RSB
post #7 of 16 Old 08-04-2014, 06:49 AM
on2
banned

Those wheels look great on the Sedan and Coupes. Well done!

post #8 of 16 Old 08-04-2014, 09:23 AM
4th Gear

im also interested in the wheel and spec i think it would look AMAZING on my CBP sedan

2014 Honda Accord Touring Sedan I4 CDN Crystal Black Pearl
Tinted 20% rear windshield, 25% rear windows, 70% front windows
2009 Honda Civic DX-G (got crashed)
post #9 of 16 Old 08-04-2014, 11:10 AM
on2
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Brass View Post
What are those wheels...they look like Ace Alloy Convex?
SRSLY? Those wheels and the ones pictured look nothing alike.
post #10 of 16 Old 08-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Dafuq?

Heres 19x8 +35 in the front with 235/35-19 tires and 1 finger gap all around

you're going to need a higher offset (maybe +45) or camber to run a 9.5 in the front
Attached Images

2014 MSM EXL-V6 Sedan
Takeda Intake & Exhaust / ExLED Switchbacks, LEDs, Fog Lights / TEIN Street Advance / Tein EDFC II / Jpower Arms / TL-19mm Rear Sway Bar / Moog End Links / Varrstoen ES4 19x9.5 +40 Square / Pirelli Cinturato 235.40.19 / 20% Suntek Tint / Acura RL BBK / 350z Slotted/Drilled Brembo Rotors / FFC Bracket / Stoptech SS Lines / EVO GSR Enkei Wheels 18x8.5 +38 Square / Pirelli Cinturato 245.40.18 / KTUNER

The other forum/community is better, just saying...
post #11 of 16 Old 08-04-2014, 05:13 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Brass View Post
What are those wheels...they look like Ace Alloy Convex?. What are the specs of those and the tires? Thanks,HB
His previous posts say he has Work Gnosis (cv201)20x9 in front(cambered 1 degree because of his setup) and 20x10.5 rear with camber kit adjusted to factory specs at his chosen ride height for those that might be wondering. (sitting on airrunner)

Your looking at near 10k for all his parts (air runner system, rims, tires, camber kit on rear, and hfp kit) but your dead in the water if you don't know his offsets because the rim manufacturer requires offset because the entire rim is custom ordered. The tires are extra low profile as well, likely so he could get the tire to clear the wheel well using the air bags, no telling what size...not knowing if you duplicate it yours could rub..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni3 View Post
Heres 19x8 +35 in the front with 235/35-19 tires and 1 finger gap all around

you're going to need a higher offset (maybe +45) or camber to run a 9.5 in the front
Dannie, those are nice, any other shots. And what rims are they? I bet they'd look nice on a coupe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by on2 View Post
Those wheels look great on the Sedan and Coupes. Well done!

IKR, best rim I've seen so far. Looks perfect for these cars, expensive but perfect. On you know anyone around the Atlanta area that can do a quality air runner install? Still trying to decide on suspension. I like having the ability of being able to adjust the height at speed bumps, but I am a performance junkie...so not sure where it falls. Good to see someone close, I'm about 20min out from Atlanta.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nemesis For This Useful Post:
Hot Brass (08-04-2014)
post #12 of 16 Old 08-04-2014, 09:35 PM
4th Gear

Quote:

Good luck!
Im itching to post pics of my coupe. Would love to see new pics of this coupe tho

Stanced 2013 Coupe EX-L, Wide and Staggered, Stretched, Cambered, V6 LED headlight Mod, Vossens, Kicker,
Bagged 2006 Cammed Silverado SS Laying Frame, Accuair, Canti-Lever 6 Link, Magnaflow
post #13 of 16 Old 08-05-2014, 10:32 AM
1st Gear

Quote:

Good luck!
What kind of wheels are those? They look wicked!!! I have a 2014 sedan sport in black. I just put 19x9 with a 38 offset they look great but I want the same wheels as you lol... sorry not tryna bite your style... im in Canada anyways you'd never see the car im sure. I also lowered mine 2.5 inches all around
post #14 of 16 Old 08-06-2014, 09:51 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT416 View Post
What kind of wheels are those? They look wicked!!! I have a 2014 sedan sport in black. I just put 19x9 with a 38 offset they look great but I want the same wheels as you lol... sorry not tryna bite your style... im in Canada anyways you'd never see the car im sure. I also lowered mine 2.5 inches all around
IKR! My post above:
His previous posts say he has Work Gnosis (cv201)20x9 in front(cambered 1 degree because of his setup) and 20x10.5 rear with camber kit adjusted to factory specs at his chosen ride height for those that might be wondering. (sitting on airrunner)

Your looking at near 10k for all his parts (air runner system, rims, tires, camber kit on rear, and hfp kit) but your dead in the water if you don't know his offsets because the rim manufacturer requires offset because the entire rim is custom ordered. The tires are extra low profile as well, likely so he could get the tire to clear the wheel well using the air bags, no telling what size...not knowing if you duplicate it yours could rub..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMiGGs View Post
Im itching to post pics of my coupe. Would love to see new pics of this coupe tho
Smigg - DO EET Man! Your set up looks hot too! Did you go with bags or coilovers?
post #15 of 16 Old 08-07-2014, 11:18 AM
My First Post

I really like the way your wheels fit. Is that stock ride height?

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.