Ksport Coilovers - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 09-02-2013, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Smile Ksport Coilovers

i'm new to this forum. never really got in to forums before. but i love reading on them and seeing how others fair with their problems and mods. i've been looking at coilovers, and i found these ksports. i was wondering if anyone has had a chance to test these out. i read a pretty fair review on the D2 coils but i've always heard great things about ksport. any insight? the price isn't too bad for $1050.

Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 09-02-2013, 07:22 AM
4th Gear

If you do a quick search there are lots of posts on them.

2013 Accord EX-L Coupe
post #3 of 23 Old 09-02-2013, 07:23 AM
3rd Gear

i cant tell you if they're good or not but i can tell you is that you can find them at a better price than $1050

post #4 of 23 Old 09-02-2013, 07:32 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by QzFiNeST107 View Post
i cant tell you if they're good or not but i can tell you is that you can find them at a better price than $1050
definitely, Throwdown performance is where I got mine at a way better price.

I had my dampener adjusted pretty close to stock. the ride is comfortable, however on bumpier/rough roads, it won't be as comfortable it rides stiffer

2013 4DR EX-L V6 OBP
35% tint
Rear Deck lid spoiler
Velgen VMB5 matte gunmetal wheels:
20x10.5R et 45 20x9F et 35
Takeda axel back
Injen CAI
LED touring headlights
LED interior/exterior
post #5 of 23 Old 09-02-2013, 08:49 AM
on2
banned

D2/Megan/KSport/BC Racing

All made in the same Bor-Chuann Taiwanese factory.

Just sayin...
post #6 of 23 Old 09-02-2013, 09:00 AM
3rd Gear

Save some $...
post #7 of 23 Old 09-02-2013, 12:18 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mselph544 View Post

i'm new to this forum. never really got in to forums before. but i love reading on them and seeing how others fair with their problems and mods. i've been looking at coilovers, and i found these ksports. i was wondering if anyone has had a chance to test these out. i read a pretty fair review on the D2 coils but i've always heard great things about ksport. any insight? the price isn't too bad for $1050.
I've had mine on for about two months and so far i'm really happy with them. I personally like the look of a car cruising low to ground, whether it be excessive or not.
Mine are set as low as the front will go without softening the preload and the rear are 2" higher that the lowest setting so it will even all out. I've been impressed with the ride quality being the car sits pretty low. The ride is comparable to stock at this height. The rear will go lower without messing with the preload on the springs. I may mess with the front to get it down a bit lower, but if it sacrifices the ride i'll put it back to where it sits now.
I had another set of full coilovers on another car of mine that blew out the struts due to being as low as I am now. The front struts ended blowing out in the first week. They were a quality set of coilovers also, so I was definitely not waiting for them to come out with a set for the 9th gen. So as of now, I'll definitely recommend the Ksports to anyone with a 9th gen.
And I ordered mine directly through ksport. Price is always negotiable, got them much cheaper than the $1050.
Attached Images
Alpinekev likes this.

2013 msm ex-l sedan
Oem rear lip spoiler
6k hid low beam
3k hid fog light
Putco led drl/high beam
Ijdmtoys led strip
Ijdmtoys puddle lights
Led interior light kit
Ksport kontrol coilovers
Advanti Denaro 19x9.5 with 225/35/19 nexen n7000
Tint- 3m crystalline 40% all windows and sunroof
post #8 of 23 Old 09-02-2013, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

anyone rocking any on the coupe? ive been seeing a lot of sedans stanced. havent been seeing too many coupes. def. appreciate the insight guys. gonna looks at the site posted above.
post #9 of 23 Old 09-02-2013, 02:38 PM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by QzFiNeST107 View Post
Does anyone know if there's any site that is offering it for a cheaper price? Although $840 is pretty good.
post #10 of 23 Old 09-02-2013, 02:58 PM
6th Gear

Google shopping. Type the part number or "ksport 2013 accord" in the search field. Then google search for coupon codes.

Sport 6M Black, Sasaki Short Throw Shifter, Takeda SRI (lease return)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (sold) ._.
2000 Civic EX 5M antique restoration project, iron oxide weight reduction mod
2015 MSM 6-6 Coupe, K&N SRI
post #11 of 23 Old 09-04-2013, 04:42 PM
1st Gear

Send a message via AIM to Vtecracer
Quote:
Originally Posted by on2 View Post
D2/Megan/KSport/BC Racing

All made in the same Bor-Chuann Taiwanese factory.

Just sayin...
FYI, Bor-Chuann =BC . It is not the same factory as D2 or Ksport. totally different business and owners. You can look it up, 12 miles apart. Most Taiwanese coilovers are built in the same area but are still competing on obtaining your business

2013 Sport MSM, 6MT, Takeda SRI, DDM Tuning 5k HIDs, Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilovers

1996 Honda Challenge H2 Integra
post #12 of 23 Old 09-04-2013, 06:09 PM
on2
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecracer View Post
FYI, Bor-Chuann =BC . It is not the same factory as D2 or Ksport. totally different business and owners. You can look it up, 12 miles apart. Most Taiwanese coilovers are built in the same area but are still competing on obtaining your business
My bad...

BC Racing also produces Megan Racing.

D2 also produces KSport.
post #13 of 23 Old 09-04-2013, 10:34 PM
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcivic View Post
definitely, Throwdown performance is where I got mine at a way better price.

I had my dampener adjusted pretty close to stock. the ride is comfortable, however on bumpier/rough roads, it won't be as comfortable it rides stiffer
what setting did you adjust your dampener?

2013 Accord Coupe EX-L V6
White Orchid Pearl
20% Tint
LED interior and exterior lights
6000k Zenex HID Kit
BC BR coilovers
SPC 3 arm camber kits
MRR GF07 19X9.5 et40 on 235/35
post #14 of 23 Old 10-04-2013, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Ordered my ksports this morning. Of course they are on backorder. Should have them in a couple weeks though
post #15 of 23 Old 10-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Out of Control

Send a message via AIM to Throwdown
Pallet should be here today... have one remaining set up for grabs!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|||

Don't see the parts you are looking for...
The Following User Says Thank You to Throwdown For This Useful Post:
KrptacrD (10-05-2013)
Advertisement

Tags
2013, 9th gen, coilovers, ksport, lowering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.