Would you consider this destroying a Civic Type R? - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
5Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 18 Old 12-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Doritos Spinner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker View Post
{bolded}

I believe the 9th gens have that if it's the same as the RX ! If cold start and cold temperature outside if you try to kick it above 3K on the automatic, it cuts back the RPM's to under 2K by itself.

Would that be the same as the RX?

Or a different animal altogether because it's an automatic?
Seems like Series 2(not even Series 1) RX-8 is one of the few cars that shows the reduced redline.

I believe Series 1 RX-8 has 2 stages, 5000 RPM or so under a certain coolant temp and full redline after that depending on the trans.

Series 2 actually has 3 red bars(2 shown in the pic) that show you the variable redline. The redline is 5000 RPM when the coolant temp is below 40C(104F), 7000 RPM when the coolant temp is between 40C(104F) and 74C(165F), and full redline(9000 for MT, 7500 for AT) above that. My car is MT, and I recall there is one time I went past 5k when cold by accident, and the car cut fuel like how it would when I get to 9500RPM when fully warmed up.

I think there is one time I drove the my 8th Gen Accord hard when cold. I didn't feel like the car cut power or anything and I went past the 3k mark.

It's kinda strange that most other cars don't have that, especially those with a digital tach. Are the manufacturers counting on dummies breaking their engines when they are cold to make more money?

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

2008 Honda Accord Coup EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM(sadly sold)

You will be remembered.

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT SM(sold)

2009 Mazda RX-8 GT w/Navi 6MT VRM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to UnknownJinX For This Useful Post:
Miker (12-05-2017)
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 Old 12-05-2017, 12:00 PM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
The car is rev limiting itself Mike

THE CAR IS REV LIMITING ITSELF MIKE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan 2.2 LN2 138K Sandrift Metallic
post #18 of 18 Old 12-05-2017, 08:47 PM
DIY Kid/Hypermiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Seems like Series 2(not even Series 1) RX-8 is one of the few cars that shows the reduced redline.

I believe Series 1 RX-8 has 2 stages, 5000 RPM or so under a certain coolant temp and full redline after that depending on the trans.

Series 2 actually has 3 red bars(2 shown in the pic) that show you the variable redline. The redline is 5000 RPM when the coolant temp is below 40C(104F), 7000 RPM when the coolant temp is between 40C(104F) and 74C(165F), and full redline(9000 for MT, 7500 for AT) above that. My car is MT, and I recall there is one time I went past 5k when cold by accident, and the car cut fuel like how it would when I get to 9500RPM when fully warmed up.
You know what, I just remembered that the S2000 has a lower cold rev limiter too. My dad was driving(NOT ME!) his s2000 with the engine still cold, floored it and it stopped at 6000. It has nothing to indicate the cold rev limiter on the tach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post
Ah so you do have a drinking problem. You do not drink enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
The 9th Gen V6 Accord is the "mullet haircut" of the car industry. Bidness in the front, but party in the back when it's "GO TIME".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropgun View Post
You high?
2006 Honda Accord EX 6-6 Sedan Tafetta White 152K miles. DIY coroplast undertray, hybrid rear diffuser, Odyssey intake spacer milled down to 1.3", Engine block heater, Power steering delete, Acura RSX rims
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.