Opinions on 2007 Acura TL? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aviography
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-21-2017, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Out of Control

Opinions on 2007 Acura TL?

I'm gonna go check one of these out this evening. Anyone have any opinions on this particular ride? I'd like to hear them.

2003 Accord EX I4 AT (mine), K&N drop in (surprised), JL Audio TR690Txi 6X9 in the rear
2004 Accord EX I4 MT (wife's), totally bone stock except for all the crap that fills every cubic inch that is not the driver seat.
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-21-2017, 11:04 AM

Still one of my favorites to date. Always wanted one but by the time I got around to it they were already too high mileage. I'd probably still buy a Type S 6MT if I found one in great shape.

Look out for timing belt job and worn suspension parts.

2007 EX-L 4DR
post #3 of 7 Old 11-21-2017, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6 View Post
Still one of my favorites to date. Always wanted one but by the time I got around to it they were already too high mileage. I'd probably still buy a Type S 6MT if I found one in great shape.

Look out for timing belt job and worn suspension parts.
What do you consider high mileage? I bought my 03 Accord with 185,000 miles on it and after some minor repairs, it's been a great car.

2003 Accord EX I4 AT (mine), K&N drop in (surprised), JL Audio TR690Txi 6X9 in the rear
2004 Accord EX I4 MT (wife's), totally bone stock except for all the crap that fills every cubic inch that is not the driver seat.

post #4 of 7 Old 11-21-2017, 11:17 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post
I'm gonna go check one of these out this evening. Anyone have any opinions on this particular ride? I'd like to hear them.

Coworker had one. Lots of suspension issues, not sure if ??Compliance bushings?? or what it was. He did say most of the suspension issues started at over 100k miles and as the car got older.
It was a really nice car however.

Former:
1984 Olds Cutlass(1st car)
1991 Taurus wagon (LOL)
1995 Mitsu eclipse- GSX
2002 Honda Civic(RIP AUTO-TRANS)
2008 Honda Accord LX (Traded-Oil burner)

Current:
2007 Honda Accord EX-L(His)
2016 Honda Accord EX-L(Hers)
post #5 of 7 Old 11-21-2017, 11:23 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
I mean, if he was riding on stock everything suspension parts at over 100k miles, I would think some of it would start to get worn out by then. That's 10 years this year, and that's a lot of miles riding on that original suspension. I guess that's not something people really think about though, when they just use a car to get from A > B. I think a lot of people assume suspension parts last forever or until waaaay after they plan on having the car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan 2.2 LN2 138K Sandrift Metallic
post #6 of 7 Old 11-21-2017, 11:36 AM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post
I have been checking a few out on CarFAX.Com. The next car won't be a coupe. 'Cause I want a roof rack for the Mountain Bike. Let us know what you think.

2006 EX-L Coupe 2.4L 5MT 162,500
Sapphire Blue Pearl w/Ivory Leather

夢のパワー
post #7 of 7 Old 11-21-2017, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Last year of the BEST looking TL before Acura designers lost their minds.

It's very similar to Accord in many ways in terms of components, eg. ball joints, wheel bearings etc., I have the TL Type S F/R sway bars in my Accord, as well as the leather covered shift knob vs. the full metal one that came stock, lump of coal in the summer, chunk of ice in the winter.

Watch for suspension wears, as I found out first hand Honda/Acura hide their suspension issues very well, the only indication of a bad rear shock strut was cupped tires, no other signs, same as with very worn lower ball joint, I couldn't tell from driving the car, took a shop to point that out to me.

High mileage will mean worn components, you just can't avoid it.
enne likes this.

2005 Satin Silver V6 Coupe 6 speed
TL shift knob, Hidden Hitch, Venture Shield clear protetive film,
GM Friction Modified Synchromesh transmission fluid,
2007 Acura TL-S front/rear sway bars,
Clutch slave cylinder restrictor valve delete.

Acura TL 5-spoke rims 245/45-17 Bridgestone Pole Position RE970
Honda steel rims 225/55-16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.