Tint tail light with plasti dip 1 coat 3 coats of plasti dip glossifier - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
1Likes
  • 1 Post By RickBlaine
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-23-2017, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
My First Post

Tint tail light with plasti dip 1 coat 3 coats of plasti dip glossifier

I live in pa can i plasti dip my tail lights?

Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-23-2017, 09:08 PM

Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mace View Post
You can do whatever you want to. You are a sentient being.

Now, ask your insurance agent if they will still cover your medical and legal bills if you get rear-ended because the other guy shows a court of law that your tail lights were illegally modified.

Why not just remove your lights and sell them on Craigslist or Let Go to earn fast cash to buy more plasti dip and black out your windshield while you are at it?

2005 Accord EX-L
2-door Coupe
PZEV emission vehicle (!)
4-cylinder, 5-speed Automatic Transmission
16.5 pound Acura RSX 16 inch wheels & 215/55R 16 Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires
145k miles (as of Jan '18)
post #3 of 6 Old 10-24-2017, 05:10 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mace View Post
No. It's stupid, will make you liable in any accident that results from it, and you're going to get pulled over for having obscured tail lights.

And...

The fact that you are trying to do it with one coat of what I assume is matte black PDS spray from a can, and glossifier, gives me the impression that you wouldn't know how many coats to spray to make it peelable. So even if you didn't end up completely blacking out your tail lights, rendering them useless, you'd end up ruining your tail lights because you didn't put enough on to make it peel off. And you'd probably give up trying to peel them, hit them with paint thinner and destroy the plastic lenses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan 2.2 LN2 138K Sandrift Metallic

post #4 of 6 Old 10-24-2017, 09:44 AM

Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,361 Posts
I think he said he lives with his pa. Only his ma can stop him.
enne likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-24-2017, 09:58 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
And no, not even "smoke" PDS rattle cans are acceptable. It looks like crap and cops will notice. Please don't try it.

1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan 2.3 F23A4 147K Airwrap Jet Black

1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe 3.8 3800 II 124K Sebring Silver

2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan 2.2 LN2 138K Sandrift Metallic
post #6 of 6 Old 10-24-2017, 10:16 AM
Don't drink and drive

Garage
Don't do it.

2005 Honda Accord V6 LX - 178k
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2003 Ford F-150
2015 Rocky Mountain Soul (Runs on fat)

2005 Toyota Corolla
2011 Ninja 250R
2006 Cadillac CTS
1999 Nissan Altima

"Ordinary people have big TVs. Extraordinary people have big libraries." - Robin Sharma
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.