Aux Input Adapters -- Which one is the BEST? - Drive Accord Honda Forums | radio-pro.ru
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old 09-28-2011, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Aux Input Adapters -- Which one is the BEST?

Hey Guys/Gals,

I posted this over in the Audio/Electronics section but I didn't get any traction...

Seen a ton of info on here about Auxiliary Input Adapters for the OEM radio. Which one is the best for my application?

I have an 03 accord ex v6. No navi, no xm. I would typically use it for an mp3 player (maybe sometimes an ipod, but not necessary).

I know how to get into it and connect it, etc, just looking for the best one (for the money) per the forum's experience.

Let me know, Thanks!

2003 Accord EX V6
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 09-29-2011, 02:55 AM
1st Gear

Send a message via AIM to 04AccordEX Send a message via MSN to 04AccordEX
I can Personally recommend the USA-Spec PA15-HON2. Good price. Works great with MP3, Cell Phones and iPods. I have mine for a while and love it.

post #3 of 41 Old 09-29-2011, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Thanks for the response and recommendation.

Do you know how much they are? Can't find pricing on that website(?).

Does the PA15-HON2 have a cable for an Ipod (serial/charging) and one for an Mp3 player (3.5mm audio)? Do you have two cables coming out of your dash?

My console doesn't have the XM or SAT button on the AUX button, so I'm not sure if my console can fully utilize the functionality of this unit (text display, etc). It sounds really cool if it did though; it'd be nice to be able to control the ipod or whatever from the radio controls as well.

2003 Accord EX V6

post #4 of 41 Old 09-29-2011, 09:02 AM
My First Post

I've been using for a couple of weeks now. Took about 30 minutes to install, and I'm not one to tinker much. Here an
post #5 of 41 Old 09-29-2011, 10:38 AM
1st Gear

i used the blitz safe aux for my 03, auto, 6 disc, no xm. it worked about 3 months then crapped out of me. it was only playing on my right side of the car. i don't know. i had it connected to my iphone. One thing i hated about the blitz safe was the iphone connector. It didn't really hold the connection properly.

I just recently got the GTA car kit for my ride with the iphone holder and i love it. Same set up as the blitz safe but EVERYTHING felt better on the GTA than the blitz safe. The cords, the module, the boxing of the product. It also comes with the headset jack too to fit other mp3 players. Like i said, i just recently installed it, so i'm checking out durability and reliability as well. So i'll post again in 3 months for an update too. hahaa. but stay away from blitzsafe.

03 V6 Auto Coupe EX SAPPHIRE BLUE PEARL
Tein Basis / Wicked Rear Camber Kit / AEM V2 CAI / GTA iPod connection / 30% Tint / Yakima Roof Rack
post #6 of 41 Old 09-29-2011, 10:59 AM
<= Jeep differential LOL.

Dice. Got mine a few months ago and love it.

Whole story here: Factory in-dash 6 Disc went out

2004 4Cyl/5MT Sedan Sold 3/14/15
Save the Manuals!
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R
post #7 of 41 Old 09-29-2011, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Toshbar:

Thanks for the advice and the thread. You know what? The only thing that got me thinking about mp3 integration was the fact that my changer jammed as well.

I fixed mine myself and it wasn't very hard. When you've got the cubby out your over half way there!

Let me know if you want further info. I actually found that one of my discs was just lost in translation, stuck -- and after you get the changer out, you'd be able to see the same. Otherwise if it's really messed, I was ready to send it in to this place on ebay in Cali that fixes the changers for 89 bucks.

2003 Accord EX V6
post #8 of 41 Old 09-29-2011, 03:51 PM
&# You 3rd Gear!

I have. Installation took me about 20 minutes. I suggest checking youtube on how to install it, from there it's very simple. Good Luck!!

2006 HONDA ACCORD EX COUPE V6 6MT
Taffeta White
Blitzsafe AUX Interface Adapter Kit
AudioPipe 6"x9" Rear Speakers
30% Tint All Around
DDM Tuning 5000K HID
Nokya 2500K 65W Hyper Yellow S1
OEM Rear Spoiler
Trunk Cargo Net

Previous Car:
1998 Acura Integra LS Coupe 5MT - 254k miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 41 Old 09-30-2011, 08:14 PM
1st Gear

Send a message via AIM to 04AccordEX Send a message via MSN to 04AccordEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bds85466 View Post
Thanks for the response and recommendation.

Do you know how much they are? Can't find pricing on that website(?).

Does the PA15-HON2 have a cable for an Ipod (serial/charging) and one for an Mp3 player (3.5mm audio)? Do you have two cables coming out of your dash?

My console doesn't have the XM or SAT button on the AUX button, so I'm not sure if my console can fully utilize the functionality of this unit (text display, etc). It sounds really cool if it did though; it'd be nice to be able to control the ipod or whatever from the radio controls as well.
I got mine for about 125.00. You can find it on amazon, but i can recommend you to call the manufacturer directly and they will give u a local dealer.

The adapter does have the iPod cable connector that also charges the iPod or iPhone. It also comes with a set of RCA inputs, but does not supply the cable.

And yes, you will have two cables if u use the RCA input. i dont mind because i have mine inside my center console.

My stereo does not have text support, but you can change the tracks via the head unit or the steering wheel. Here are some links that might help you out.

post #10 of 41 Old 10-01-2011, 03:36 AM
3rd Gear

no one using the isimple kit?

2007 Accord 2.4lt A/T sedan
post #11 of 41 Old 10-07-2011, 05:15 PM
2nd Gear

just buy a deck. it will sound better and its just better

07 coupe i4 NHBP : 05 Tl 17" Wheels : 4300k low beam HID : 2500k hyper yellow highs : 2500k hyper yellow fogs : full LED interior/exterior : 12" Rockford p3, JL 500/1 : Alpine head unit, lower slot : Megan Racing Adjustable Coilovers : Rear Ingalls Camber Kit
post #12 of 41 Old 10-07-2011, 07:30 PM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds85466 View Post
Toshbar:

Thanks for the advice and the thread. You know what? The only thing that got me thinking about mp3 integration was the fact that my changer jammed as well.

I fixed mine myself and it wasn't very hard. When you've got the cubby out your over half way there!

Let me know if you want further info. I actually found that one of my discs was just lost in translation, stuck -- and after you get the changer out, you'd be able to see the same. Otherwise if it's really messed, I was ready to send it in to this place on ebay in Cali that fixes the changers for 89 bucks.
My CD Changer is stuck as well, how did you fix it?
post #13 of 41 Old 11-04-2011, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

pull out the changer, disassemble, assess what's wrong. I saw a disc just not making it where it needed to be. I popped it with my finger, and good as new at swapping discs in the changer. That is until I tried to insert or eject a new disc. It then just did the same thing. I'll be sending it in soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayV07i4 View Post
just buy a deck. it will sound better and its just better
wrong answer

2003 Accord EX V6
post #14 of 41 Old 11-04-2011, 04:53 PM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
no one using the isimple kit?
I have the isimple unit. Been working great for a couple years. Has ipod, aux and RCA connectors for all my stuff.

Only thing I don't like is having to press the am/fm, the aux/xm button and then turn the dial to change inputs. It's only one click on the dial and if you hit bumps and things, you change too many.

It was easy to install, but I have the NAV so it wa s a little more of a pain.

F1snob
'13 Accord Touring Black
2009 E92 335i Xdrive JB4 Tune
'06 6-speed Sedan with NAV Gone but not forgotten
'96 Accord EX-L 5-speed
Too many other cars to list
The Following User Says Thank You to f1snob For This Useful Post:
AE03Accord (08-13-2014)
post #15 of 41 Old 12-09-2013, 05:36 PM
My First Post

Wow we have almost the same car profile. I had an integra se 96 5mt 200,000 miles not have an accord 06 ex v6 4 door mt6 great minds

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.